The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, The Genius Geordie Gibson said:

I have no idea if this has any relevance to the current murky situation but it would seem that MC has resigned his position as a director of Markell :

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11238688/filing-history

He’s got chairman of Fairway Sports Ltd on his twitter bio

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11922047/officers

Re the “fashion parade” (beauty parade is the accepted term) and management of him afterwards - would you have honestly, in the knowledge of the position the board were in and that diligence would take a while (it always does), kept the whole thing quiet and told people nothing?  I wouldn’t, just to get them off my back if nothing else.
Allowing him a forum to speak to the fans was generally recognised as A Good Thing at the time, certainly on here, and to say otherwise is complete revisionism.  And you can’t realistically manage what someone does on social media.  You could put in Heads of Terms that he’s not allowed to speak about the terms of the bid, and I’m not aware that he has.
The character of the people involved in BTB has nothing to do with it, and I don’t know them at all. Tell me, what WAS the point of that statement if it wasn’t entirely self serving? If they thought it helped, I’d love to know the logic.
Don’t misunderstand, I don’t think the board/MSG are all sweetness and light - they’ve made some monumental cockups over the last few years.  But it is possible to think that some decisions were bad and some decisions were good, and the same about BTB - and you in particular are guilty of presuming that the board are always acting maliciously or incompetently, and the BTB guys are a combination on Einstein, Sun Tzu and Gandhi.  People are too willing to deal in Brexit-style black and white, and the world isn’t like that.

It has been widely acknowledged that the the BtB guys have done everything right apart from a 5/6 post on a SM site saying they had concerns about the guy buying our club and they had sent those concerns to the club. Wow what a shower eh?

The BtB plan would have seen a transition to new ownership and new directors chosen by the club and those who were contributing to the scheme. It did not mean that those driving the scheme would be in running the club.

We are in Division 3 unless you haven’t noticed.

Have the btb boys made any effort to discuss their findings with this boy or had any other dialogue apart from the opening meeting?  Has he shown any interest in talking to them again or rebuffed any attempt to continue dialogue past the first get together,?

I would doubt it but don’t know for certain. Why would they discuss similar things that the clubs DD was handling. Could the club have asked them not to?

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It has been widely acknowledged that the the BtB guys have done everything right apart from a 5/6 post on a SM site saying they had concerns about the guy buying our club and they had sent those concerns to the club. Wow what a shower eh?

The BtB plan would have seen a transition to new ownership and new directors chosen by the club and those who were contributing to the scheme. It did not mean that those driving the scheme would be in running the club.

Out of interest, did BtB have any plans to replace the Pitch or finish the stadium, or was it just injecting a sum of cash to hopefully help our promotion push? 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I didn’t say they were a shower, that’s exactly my point.  Nobody is right all the time, nor is anyone ever completely beyond reproach.

2 minutes ago, champions said:

Out of interest, did BtB have any plans to replace the Pitch or finish the stadium, or was it just injecting a sum of cash to hopefully help our promotion push? 

It would be up to the directors at the time to decide how to spend the funds.  I don’t think pitch or stadium was ever specifically mentioned, but that wouldn’t rule it out.

It would be up to the directors at the time to decide how to spend the funds.  I don’t think pitch or stadium was ever specifically mentioned, but that wouldn’t rule it out.

At some point the pitch would need to be changed whoever was running the place.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ah will that be Guy A Bell’s company...........?

No Mark Campbell is the sole shareholder (and chairman - whoo hoo!) for Fairway Sports Capital - set up April this year probably as the vehicle to launder mon.....sorry......purchase Sunderland & Falkirk.

Guy A Bell is a shareholder in the Brooklyn Coffee Co, still to trade as the van needs 2 new tyres. He will be loaded like Mark as coffee has made him a fortune.   

3 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

No Mark Campbell is the sole shareholder (and chairman - whoo hoo!) for Fairway Sports Capital - set up April this year probably as the vehicle to launder mon.....sorry......purchase Sunderland & Falkirk.

Guy A Bell is a shareholder in the Brooklyn Coffee Co, still to trade as the van needs 2 new tyres. He will be loaded like Mark as coffee has made him a fortune.   

http://www.bellsportsmgt.com/about/

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

It’s “intentions”, and it’s a quote - why don’t you look it up then pretend you knew that all along.

When you've no counter argument, resort to picking up on a spelling mistake. Fair play.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

At some point the pitch would need to be changed whoever was running the place.

MC has just posted on Twitter that if he gets the keys it will now be a floating pitch of the finest golf green grass with dancing girls giving out free kebabs. It will be replaced after every match.

He's booked The Beatles to play the stadium in the close season as he knows Ringo well - he just built him a hotel , but don't tell the ex-wife. 

7 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

The website like on his twitter bio (below) is nothing more than a home page with zero info and a contact page - with no contact information. It also seems to be made by squarespace, which i think is a build your own website service,

https://markellgroup.com/

Yeah that's to put the ex-wife off the scent. Genius.

He's not a conman (yes he is).

16 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

The website like on his twitter bio (below) is nothing more than a home page with zero info and a contact page - with no contact information. It also seems to be made by squarespace, which i think is a build your own website service,

https://markellgroup.com/

Squarespace is advertised on every podcast going and is indeed a build your own website service.

Try the code "Rogan" for 15% off the Brooklyn Coffee Co front page you'll be cobbling together Marko.

i just called the number given in the contact page (in wales) and someone answered "Hello Bell Hydraulics", see link below, Guy Bell is listed as a former director. This is all just a bit to weird.
http://www.bellhydraulics.co.uk/

Guy Bell was brought up in Wales and is a former Welsh U19 youth international... i would imagine Bell Hydraulics is the family business and he’s using it as the UK contact number...