The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye I've got a link to a website that'll be launched in October. 

Where's the link to the websites of any of his businesses? And I don't mean the one that was set up 5 mins ago and is a bog standard template that doesn't actually do anything. 

Oops sorry I forgot.....messy divorce.

I hope his customers are just as understanding. 

10 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

As has been said to death, this whole situation being played out in public has been a shambles.

Club didn’t need to announce a public PB. But they did.

Club didn’t need to parade him to the fans at the stadium. But they did.

BTB didn’t need to make any public statement about what they found out about Campbell. But they did. (Agree they should have given it to the club).

Cock up, after cock up.

Any talk of the fans getting into bed with the MSG going forward though, for me, is not on. If this falls through, they need to re-open talks with potential buyers.

The directors and MSG have been under significant and very public pressure to sell.  They’ve been the target of abuse and in some cases intimidation.  They announced the bids to stop that, and I find that a perfectly human decision.  Had nothing been mentioned on any bids, they’d still be getting regular abuse for (apparently) doing nothing.

They didn’t need to parade him at the stadium, but that was done to allow fans to answer questions.  If they hadn’t ...”why is this being done in a shady backroom”, “why can’t I ask him what I want to know”, “why is this taking so long”...no win situation.

BTB were covering their own arse.  Agreed, the right thing to do was pass on information, but that statement had so much “look at meeeeee” about it to be pathetic.  It served no purpose other than allow them to say “we were ignored” if it goes through, and “we’re the saviours” if it doesn’t.  It’s pure playground politics.

Edited by Disco Duck

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Where's the link to the websites of any of his businesses? And I don't mean the one that was set up 5 mins ago and is a bog standard template that doesn't actually do anything. 

Oops sorry I forgot.....messy divorce.

I hope his customers are just as understanding. 

Why does a property developer need a website?  That’s not how it works, he’s not Asda.

Can someone stick up a defacto list of this guys current and previous companies, what happened to the previous ones and the current financial situations of the ones he has now.  A list of all the members of his team would be useful too. I can't be arsed trying to Google it all and some folk seem to have done this already. 

Why does a property developer need a website?  That’s not how it works, he’s not Asda.

Who said he was a developer? His NY business is an estate agency turning over c$2m. Maybe he is developing Wendy Houses?

The directors and MSG have been under significant and very public pressure to sell.  They’ve been the target of abuse and in some cases intimidation.  They announced the bids to stop that, and I find that a perfectly human decision.  Had nothing been mentioned on any bids, they’d still be getting regular abuse for (apparently) doing nothing.

They didn’t need to parade him at the stadium, but that was done to allow fans to answer questions.  If they hadn’t ...”why is this being done in a shady backroom”, “why can’t I ask him what I want to know”, “why is this taking so long”...no win situation.

BTB were covering their own arse.  Agreed, the right thing to do was pass on information, but that statement had so much “look at meeeeee” about it to be pathetic.  It served no purpose other than allow them to say “we were ignored” if it goes through, and “we’re the saviours” if it doesn’t.  It’s pure playground politics.

The fashion parade was such a bad call as was the management of him after the PB was announced communicating via Twitter and filling fans full of bull.

As far as your comments about the BtB guy’s saying something publicly IMO it comes from an ignorance of the people involved.

I have never found any of the three guys involved in the last 9 months anything other than doing what they believed what was right for the club. Personal stuff has nothing to do with it.

As I said earlier the support should be thankful for them insuring the DD on this group will not be allowed to be anything other than detailed.

36 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Just saw a Facebook post reminding us of the time Martin Ritchie issued a grovelling apology to Sevco after our stadium announcer enraged their mouth breathing fanbase.

So just wanted to say a final f**k you, good riddance and thank you for nothing to Ritchie. 

Unbelievable that the story he was suspended isn't true, just a lie put out by the club. He was warned by the police that they couldn't guarantee his safety and to stay away from the stadium. 

sevco.thumb.JPG.51232b66d88e933922b708f96da32ec2.JPG

Edited by NewBornBairn

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who said he was a developer? His NY business is an estate agency turning over c$2m. Maybe he is developing Wendy Houses?

Is there a public record online somewhere confirming this figure of $2m? Cheers 

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The fashion parade was such a bad call as was the management of him after the PB was announced communicating via Twitter and filling fans full of bull.

As far as your comments about the BtB guy’s saying something publicly IMO it comes from an ignorance of the people involved.

I have never found any of the three guys involved in the last 9 months anything other than doing what they believed what was right for the club. Personal stuff has nothing to do with it.

As I said earlier the support should be thankful for them insuring the DD on this group will not be allowed to be anything other than detailed.

Re the “fashion parade” (beauty parade is the accepted term) and management of him afterwards - would you have honestly, in the knowledge of the position the board were in and that diligence would take a while (it always does), kept the whole thing quiet and told people nothing?  I wouldn’t, just to get them off my back if nothing else.

Allowing him a forum to speak to the fans was generally recognised as A Good Thing at the time, certainly on here, and to say otherwise is complete revisionism.  And you can’t realistically manage what someone does on social media.  You could put in Heads of Terms that he’s not allowed to speak about the terms of the bid, and I’m not aware that he has.

The character of the people involved in BTB has nothing to do with it, and I don’t know them at all. Tell me, what WAS the point of that statement if it wasn’t entirely self serving? If they thought it helped, I’d love to know the logic.

Don’t misunderstand, I don’t think the board/MSG are all sweetness and light - they’ve made some monumental cockups over the last few years.  But it is possible to think that some decisions were bad and some decisions were good, and the same about BTB - and you in particular are guilty of presuming that the board are always acting maliciously or incompetently, and the BTB guys are a combination on Einstein, Sun Tzu and Gandhi.  People are too willing to deal in Brexit-style black and white, and the world isn’t like that.

Edited by Disco Duck

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

You're right he's not Asda , and he's clearly not a property developer either. I hope you are not involved in the DD process for the club. 

According to the man himself most of his life is real estate and he sells hotels  (so he says anyway).

His company is Markell Real Estate is a Real Estate Agency …...there are 7 staff ...no wait 6 now as 1 is suing them.  This is how they describe themselves  : 

Markell Real Estate Group We are a boutique Real Estate Agency, providing quality customer service for Rentals and Sales in the NYC area

#conman

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

You're right he's not Asda , and he's clearly not a property developer either. I hope you are not involved in the DD process for the club. 

According to the man himself most of his life is real estate and he sells hotels  (so he says anyway).

His company is Markell Real Estate is a Real Estate Agency …...there are 7 staff ...no wait 6 now as 1 is suing them.  This is how they describe themselves  : 

Markell Real Estate Group We are a boutique Real Estate Agency, providing quality customer service for Rentals and Sales in the NYC area

#conman

Where did you get the statement from?

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is that genuine? If so, that's utterly mental. Can't guarantee his safety? Insane, because the zombies are pathetic, touchy, insecure arseholes.
Also pathetic that someone had to apologize, or felt the need to.

Just about as pathetic is the fact that the police couldn't guarantee his safety. Did they think the knuckle dragging mouth breathers were coming armed with bazookas? Or had a sniper in place to take him out from a distance? What a dereliction of duty on their part.

Re the “fashion parade” (beauty parade is the accepted term) and management of him afterwards - would you have honestly, in the knowledge of the position the board were in and that diligence would take a while (it always does), kept the whole thing quiet and told people nothing?  I wouldn’t, just to get them off my back if nothing else.
Allowing him a forum to speak to the fans was generally recognised as A Good Thing at the time, certainly on here, and to say otherwise is complete revisionism.  And you can’t realistically manage what someone does on social media.  You could put in Heads of Terms that he’s not allowed to speak about the terms of the bid, and I’m not aware that he has.
The character of the people involved in BTB has nothing to do with it, and I don’t know them at all. Tell me, what WAS the point of that statement if it wasn’t entirely self serving? If they thought it helped, I’d love to know the logic.
Don’t misunderstand, I don’t think the board/MSG are all sweetness and light - they’ve made some monumental cockups over the last few years.  But it is possible to think that some decisions were bad and some decisions were good, and the same about BTB - and you in particular are guilty of presuming that the board are always acting maliciously or incompetently, and the BTB guys are a combination on Einstein, Sun Tzu and Gandhi.  People are too willing to deal in Brexit-style black and white, and the world isn’t like that.

I don’t think the BTB statement was intended to help !
The purpose was to announce to the wider fan base that MC wasn’t all that he appeared to be. The fear is that the MSG are so desperate to get out they will grasp at any straw however dodgy.They and other “researchers” should be applauded as the more information that is out there about our man will make it harder for them to deal in the dodgy pound.
Having said that I and many others would be delighted to read something positive about MC . Unfortunately you are right the world is not black and white and our man looks like he is at least 50 shades of grey!

6 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Where did you get the statement from?

Here you go...…..from their Instagram page which is now (surprise surprise) deleted like everything else - maybe because of that messy divorce or maybe because he's trying to pull the wool over people's eyes:

Markell.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

From their Instagram account before they shut it down.

Where did you hear he was a property developer?

Thanks.  Don’t know where I got that from, thought I’d read it on here.