The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, champions said:

It cant be a soft loan then as soft loans usually have a below market rate of interest.

I think it was the club being the soft ones for giving them that interest rate hence "soft loan"

15 minutes ago, spratte said:

Can he do this though with our limited assets to secure the loan?

Yes he could. Of course, the big version of this was the Glazers at Man U who used the club’s low debt gearing to their advantage. They ramped it right up to effectively get the club for virtually nowt. Now, that can’t be done with us, but it all depends on exactly what our assets actually are. I don’t know if that’s totally clear.

Lets say he buys the club for £500k, but in terms of land and property, there’s a book value of £1.5 million. A chancer could raise a figure of £800k against that, repay himself his initial £500k, and pocket the other £300k, and just leave town. He could then sell the shares back to true fans for say, £250k, and he is gone (but with £550k in his hip pocket, and the club in the grubber).

If this doesnt go through all those blowing smoke up MC arse are going to look foolish, if he does get the club i will remain sceptical until proven otherwise.  As whatever his agenda is it will come out somehow.

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

The MSG haven't put any money into the club in nearly 10 years, we are hardly relying on their great wealth.

If MC deal goes through and things go tits up it will still be the fans as last resort, MC will just wipe his hand of the club just as he has done with over a dozen other businesses. it always will be the fans as last resort we are the only constant, only by then the fans might have to take over with a mountain of debt.

Not true.

approximately 3 years ago, a substantial amount of loans were forgiven ( written off) which is the same as putting money in.

I don’t have the accounts to hand but it wasn’t much short of £200k.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not true.

approximately 3 years ago, a substantial amount of loans were forgiven ( written off) which is the same as putting money in.

forgive me for not believing you as you are a regular spouter of pish......i'm sure someone else will be able to confirm either way.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is it not possible for this guy to take over with certain caveates written into the deal/constitution that need to be upheld in the future and therefor cover our arses? If he says no then he's told to bolt. 

Yeah it's possible, but if it all goes tits up and he disappears off to the US or Mexico it will be all that Bad Mark Campbell's fault again and you can stick yer certain caveats up your uncovered arses.   

39 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

forgive me for not believing you as you are a regular spouter of pish......i'm sure someone else will be able to confirm either way.

As you would appear to be some kind of ‘oracle’ on things FFC, may I refer you to note 17 in the 2015 accounts where £166k of loans were waived and £37k of loans were converted to shares.

No doubt as a shareholder and supporter of the club you will be able to check out my information?

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

As you would appear to be some kind of ‘oracle’ on things FFC, may I refer you to note 17 in the 2015 accounts where £166k of loans were waived and £37k of loans were converted to shares.

No doubt as a shareholder and supporter of the club you will be able to check out my information?

you said oracle not me so not sure why you quoted it.

if you info is correct then that's when they were waived (2015), when was the money put in?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not true.

A drop in the ocean compared to the amount of cash they've cost us. You've got circa 100k to get McKinnon on board for starters.  Loss of premier league status, loss of championship status. That's cost us millions.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

If it’s 50/50, it means that the DD outcome is completely subjective and actually is probably of limited value, if any, at all.....

A toss of a coin generally is how they are concluded as far as I view the DD examinations, you only have to look at England where owners are more frequently changing with more clubs and more money involved and you never hear of them failing but hear wild stories about the future owners.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

A drop in the ocean compared to the amount of cash they've cost us. You've got circa 100k to get McKinnon on board for starters.  Loss of premier league status, loss of championship status. That's cost us millions.

You forgot to add paying off 2 complete squads as well

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

You forgot to add paying off 2 complete squads as well

You may well be correct but I think a little bit of accuracy is required.

The directors and the MSG have a lot to answer for but some of them have been very generous with their funds and writing off or converting into shares approximately £200k is not insignificant in anyone’s language.

28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am still at a loss why anyone would think this bloke would be good for us. No one even seems to be curious who is in bed with him.

I think its because he has just gave us the list that any bairn would ask Santa for, as i said earlier it doesnt take much to see what as a club we need , academy, 4th stand grass pitch

1 minute ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Any day now Campbell is going to Tweet. "Football club? What football club?"

He seems to have gone quiet so am hoping thats a good sign in that its off.  Still a few folk blowing smoke up his arse though.