The Falkirk FC Thread

Just think, if the board hadn't acted like an absolute gang of self-serving charlatans and announced him as the preferred bidder in a ham-fisted attempt to save face for the remainder of the tenure, we'd all be none the wiser to any of this nonsense.

If he actually gets knocked back now due to not being fit for purpose then this is the biggest single failure of their ownership.

If he does take over, then I'll be willing to give him a very cautious benefit of the doubt, but again it's a failing of the board that there's now so much dirty laundry from the guy up in the air. Because of that, even in the absolute best case scenario, a significant portion of our support will take years before they come round to him.

1 hour ago, champions said:

The post from stainrod states that "accountant who is in charge of the DD process has raised serious concerns".   That reads to me that he has a direct link to the accountant. 

Maybe stainrod should provide more info as to where this came from. Was it the accountant, was it a club official, or was it a man down the pub?

He understands that the word is out that the accountant has serious concerns that it might be 50/50. Thank God for people ITK.

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m going to disagree with this.

I agree that the amount of bullshit being spouted at times is pointless and irritating. But to stand still and say nothing when there are genuine reasons for concern to me is rather more stupid.

Given that Mr Campbell is apparently willing to be open on twitter, why doesn’t he make any effort to clear up concerns re his alleged failed business ventures, exponential financial success in the US, rapid fire Coffee business, and pending court cases? And why can’t we find any information anywhere re them?

Mr Campbell, if you are reading this, how about providing us all with a bit more details of these businesses in order that we can all rest more easy rather than more of these ‘it’s ok’ lines with no defence offered?

I have genuine concerns and even if he passes due diligence, it doesn’t suddenly mean we can all rest easy.

Does anyone ITK actually know what the remit of the DD exercise entails? It it just that he has the funds or that he’s fit and proper to run a football club? Even if it’s the latter, what criteria do you use to confirm either way?

The longer this saga runs the more I think we have reasons to be concerned....

I can help:

Alleged failed business ventures - "That wasn't me that was another Mark Campbell ( now known as Bad Mark Campbell) " 

Exponential financial success in the US - " Look I've had a messy divorce, it's a big secret"

Rapid fire Coffee business - "There's a lot of money in coffee.....errr.....oh look over there , a squirrel on a bike"

Pending court cases - "She didn't work for me, ok she was a work colleague but her wages were not late , ok maybe a week -  she's a liar and I never said she had a sexy bum"  

Edited by Hank von Hell

He understands that the word is out that the accountant has serious concerns that it might be 50/50. Thank God for people ITK.

Anyone who hasn't got serious concerns has not got the best interest if the club at heart IMO.

Anyone who hasn't got serious concerns has not got the best interest if the club at heart IMO.
I'm genuinely not joking when I say his performance on social media supercedes all other concerns for me in my assessment that hes a shyster.

People in the position he claims to be in simply do not behave like that.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm genuinely not joking when I say his performance on social media supercedes all other concerns for me in my assessment that hes a shyster.

People in the position he claims to be in simply do not behave like that.

I'm more worried that people think his intentions are good, this is a George Fulston on steroids as far as debt goes and there isnt a hope in hell we would be able to recover from it.  The only thing that he said that settled a bit is the comment about 6th place if he had said challenge the OF we truly were f**ked.

Edited by AL-FFC

Surely that information is highly confidential? If the accountant is revealing details then he runs the risk of being struck off.

If you genuinely have the interests of the club at heart you should be celebrating the fact that some people will leak information for the right reasons.
Your comment actually makes me doubt what side of the fence you sit on . Be assured there is Zero chance of the source being revealed but be aware that the word is out within the football world this guy is dangerous. There is a possibility that his businesses didn’t fail but simply ceased trading. Now I’m not casting any aspirations on our savior in waiting but would point out that in general that ;The reasons why certain types are attracted to cash businesses are well documented.Fact - The favorite businesses for money laundering are barbers taxis pubs etc The people involved at a more serious level move countries and continents regularly to avoid detection . One big problem however is how can they legitimize any I’ll gotten gains. Football clubs are an ideal solution - you simply declare a bigger attendance than the actual and cash allegedly taken at the gate becomes valid and in the “System “. So any one turning up with available funds without a legitimate and obvious source should be flagged as worthy of investigation . So let’s hypothesize say someone close to the process was concerned and maybe even compromised . I think such a person would be a hero if he pointed out such concerns . But no need for you to lose sleep because it wasn’t the accountant himself who spoke out.

If you genuinely have the interests of the club at heart you should be celebrating the fact that some people will leak information for the right reasons.
Your comment actually makes me doubt what side of the fence you sit on . Be assured there is Zero chance of the source being revealed but be aware that the word is out within the football world this guy is dangerous. There is a possibility that his businesses didn’t fail but simply ceased trading. Now I’m not casting any aspirations on our savior in waiting but would point out that in general that ;The reasons why certain types are attracted to cash businesses are well documented.Fact - The favorite businesses for money laundering are barbers taxis pubs etc The people involved at a more serious level move countries and continents regularly to avoid detection . One big problem however is how can they legitimize any I’ll gotten gains. Football clubs are an ideal solution - you simply declare a bigger attendance than the actual and cash allegedly taken at the gate becomes valid and in the “System “. So any one turning up with available funds without a legitimate and obvious source should be flagged as worthy of investigation . So let’s hypothesize say someone close to the process was concerned and maybe even compromised . I think such a person would be a hero if he pointed out such concerns . But no need for you to lose sleep because it wasn’t the accountant himself who spoke out.

So we have pablo Escobar in town [emoji41]?

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

One big problem however is how can they legitimize any I’ll gotten gains. Football clubs are an ideal solution - you simply declare a bigger attendance than the actual and cash allegedly taken at the gate becomes valid and in the “System “.

Like we've been doing for years?

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I want what's best for the club - msg gone and a new owner with good honest intentions and the drive to take the club forward.   Things don't stack up with Campbell and I'm personally leaning towards him not taking over.

If what you say is true then at least it shows that the DD process has been a success.  This should have been kept confidential though.

I want what's best for the club - msg gone and a new owner with good honest intentions and the drive to take the club forward.   Things don't stack up with Campbell and I'm personally leaning towards him not taking over.

If what you say is true then at least it shows that the DD process has been a success.  This should have been kept confidential though.

If it’s 50/50, it means that the DD outcome is completely subjective and actually is probably of limited value, if any, at all.....

if its 50/50 then i would say they know about this guys background they know its dodgy but if his funds check out for him being able to buy the club then its a done deal.

Yet there’s posters on here harping on about waiting to see the outcome. It’ll be too late soon.....