The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Speaking of which, is Michael White still on the go?

I missed a couple of volumes of his history of FFC and would like to see if there's any on the go or a chance of a reprint. I think they'd go like hot cakes if he did.

The answer to that is yes he is and there`s a new volume in the making bringing us up to last season I believe. Don`t know the availability of previous volumes, maybe Michael will have spare copies he`s willing to sell.

39 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

The answer to that is yes he is and there`s a new volume in the making bringing us up to last season I believe. Don`t know the availability of previous volumes, maybe Michael will have spare copies he`s willing to sell.

Excellent!

If you're reading this Michael, give me a shout. I basically need the volumes covering pre-1969.

[I'll even offer to check some of the statistical errors in the books I have...]

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Michael won the BfL first prize draw of £300 at yesterday’s game.

I thought that, I spoke to him at full time yesterday and asked if it was his name mentioned on the prize list but he didn`t know, he hadn`t heard it.  Pleasant surprise to get.

2 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Can we bypass last season ever happened it would be doing a lot of people a big favour especially the team having to be reminded of them is a scary thought.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Excellent!

If you're reading this Michael, give me a shout. I basically need the volumes covering pre-1969.

[I'll even offer to check some of the statistical errors in the books I have...]

His son used to post on here - don't remember the username - was a bit of a dick IIRC.

Scary thing there is quite a few posts like that and how blinkered/blinded some people are is unbelievable.

Okay I understand the word is out on our fairy godfather . The accountant who is in charge of the DD process has voiced serious concerns yet apparently the decision hangs in the balance and its 50 /50 as to whether he’s going to get the Green light

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I am envious of how some people have memories of such specific details as this. I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

East Stirlinghire should be a warning to us about new owners and their motives. Mackin stripped the assets and the rest is history. It was Bainsford's club and have fond memories of some cracking derbies and pints with their support in the old shires club after words. 

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Okay I understand the word is out on our fairy godfather . The accountant who is in charge of the DD process has voiced serious concerns yet apparently the decision hangs in the balance and its 50 /50 as to whether he’s going to get the Green light

Surely that information is highly confidential? If the accountant is revealing details then he runs the risk of being struck off.

Surely that information is highly confidential? If the accountant is revealing details then he runs the risk of being struck off.

You appear to be making the assumption that it’s the Accountant who has revealed this information. I can think of more worthy candidates.
Of course, there’s no proof that this revelation is true either....

Falkirk fans eh. What a bunch of ITKs we really are.

You'd think we would have learned by now that folk love nothing more than making up shite and spreading it as gospel.

Any chance we can just wait and see what happens with MC and not hang the guy before the jury comes back with the verdict?

35 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Falkirk fans eh. What a bunch of ITKs we really are.

You'd think we would have learned by now that folk love nothing more than making up shite and spreading it as gospel.

Any chance we can just wait and see what happens with MC and not hang the guy before the jury comes back with the verdict?

No.

*For aforementioned reasons.

Edited by Rizzo

Falkirk fans eh. What a bunch of ITKs we really are. You'd think we would have learned by now that folk love nothing more than making up shite and spreading it as gospel.

I’m going to disagree with this.

I agree that the amount of bullshit being spouted at times is pointless and irritating. But to stand still and say nothing when there are genuine reasons for concern to me is rather more stupid.

Given that Mr Campbell is apparently willing to be open on twitter, why doesn’t he make any effort to clear up concerns re his alleged failed business ventures, exponential financial success in the US, rapid fire Coffee business, and pending court cases? And why can’t we find any information anywhere re them?

Mr Campbell, if you are reading this, how about providing us all with a bit more details of these businesses in order that we can all rest more easy rather than more of these ‘it’s ok’ lines with no defence offered?

I have genuine concerns and even if he passes due diligence, it doesn’t suddenly mean we can all rest easy.

Does anyone ITK actually know what the remit of the DD exercise entails? It it just that he has the funds or that he’s fit and proper to run a football club? Even if it’s the latter, what criteria do you use to confirm either way?

The longer this saga runs the more I think we have reasons to be concerned....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

You appear to be making the assumption that it’s the Accountant who has revealed this information. I can think of more worthy candidates.
Of course, there’s no proof that this revelation is true either....

The post from stainrod states that "accountant who is in charge of the DD process has raised serious concerns".   That reads to me that he has a direct link to the accountant. 

Maybe stainrod should provide more info as to where this came from. Was it the accountant, was it a club official, or was it a man down the pub?