The Falkirk FC Thread

Thing is, I hadn't been abusive. It was the end of the first-half and Petrie / Campbell had said something like "is the referee going to keep playing until they score?" to the linesman, to which I responded "maybe if your keeper hadn't been constantly time-wasting". I wasn't abusive (I had my two young kids with me, I wasn't even particularly loud (we sit right behind the tunnel so I didn't need to shout that loudly) but he's still giving it the point and "shush" motions with his fingers.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Thing is, I hadn't been abusive. It was the end of the first-half and Petrie / Campbell had said something like "is the referee going to keep playing until they score?" to the linesman, to which I responded "maybe if your keeper hadn't been constantly time-wasting". I wasn't abusive (I had my two young kids with me, I wasn't even particularly loud (we sit right behind the tunnel so I didn't need to shout that loudly) but he's still giving it the point and "shush" motions with his fingers.

Keith Lard cannot help himself, he's grassed and banned others for less. But he really hates being referred to as Keith Lard, the Phoenix Nights H&S/Fire warden and Dog Botherer.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I heard today that Jin jack ross opinion was that the Sunderland deal was never really on . They suspected the guy was a Walter Mitty from the outset and when that was confirmed , he was politely dropped . One phone call to Sunderland should have happened a long time ago and all this palava could have been avoided . I see that PH is in the press today stating that the reason he failed at Falkirk was that “all was not well behind the scenes”
We need this saga to be over !

If Paul Hartley said it was sunny I’d be looking out the brolly. 

35 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The guys a power hungry egotistical w****r. None of what you’ve said surprises me. He was a George Craig appointment the first time around and I thought we’d dodged a bullet when he fucked off to the jambos. Can’t believe we were stupid enough to have him back. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Should have told the fat mess to shut the hell up.  

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Is there anyone on here  who remembers an away game at Broomfield in 1983?

I ask because their goalie threw the ball out and it hit our striker, John Jobson, on the back. I'm not sure if he kicked it straight into the net or whether it bounced off him and in, but I'm certain it was our first goal in a 2-0 victory.

It's the closest thing I can think of (at least in a Falkirk match) to our second goal today.

Does anyone know if it happened as I remember it?

There was a 2-0 victory at Broomfield in 83 but the scorers are down as Forrest and Houston. ?? Jobson wasn`t playing.

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I heard today that Jin jack ross opinion was that the Sunderland deal was never really on . They suspected the guy was a Walter Mitty from the outset and when that was confirmed , he was politely dropped . One phone call to Sunderland should have happened a long time ago and all this palava could have been avoided . I see that PH is in the press today stating that the reason he failed at Falkirk was that “all was not well behind the scenes”
We need this saga to be over !

Walter Mitty is exactly who I think of when I look at MC. All his pish about a 4th stand, buying the rest of the stadium form the council is just pie in the sky and designed to get the fans on his side. He will find the money to buy the club , from then on I would get very nervous.

I have no idea what the DD process is from the seller's side but I do know that this process has allowed several crooks to buy football clubs in the past. I just hope the MSG , with some of them being FFC fans, go the extra yards & dig deep into the source of his finances plus exactly what his business plan is and how he will fund it. They are custodians of the club remember and they have a huge responsibility      

There was a 2-0 victory at Broomfield in 83 but the scorers are down as Forrest and Houston. ?? Jobson wasn`t playing.

I thought it was Forrest that scored. We were going through a shit time of it. The result came right out of the blue

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought it was Forrest that scored. We were going through a shit time of it. The result came right out of the blue

John Martin was the Airdrie keeper.

Huffed and puffed a bit yesterday although we were the only team trying to win it. We'll get more games like this as teams will be in our faces and try and frustrate. A wins a win as they say and 3 games in top of the league 8 for 1 against can't be sniffed at. Think Buchanan has hardly put a foot wrong since signing, I like Toshney too and good to see strikers scoring. 2nd goal shows that hard work in training pays off.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

John Martin was the Airdrie keeper.

The way I recall that goal was that Gordon Forrest was behind ‘Scab’ Martin as the Airdrie keeper rolled the ball out about 2-3 yards in front of himself. Such were the ever changing goalkeeper possession rules at the time.

There was no one else around, a Falkirk attack had broken down, Airdrie defence making their way upfield.

However, Forrest nipped round the keeper from behind, got to the ball (about 15 yds out) and quickly turned it into an empty net.

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Just watched the highlights. The winning goal is the silliest goal ever even though FFCTV almost missed it. A howler

No ! I have a better one. Stirlingshire Cup midweek game at Brockville against the Shire early mid 70's. Goal kick for Shire at the car park end. The shire goalie called Gourley took a long run up. Slightly lost his footing and kicked a divot of turf which sailed majestically to the half way line as the ball tricked out the box. There was the bizarre sign of Gourley standing on one foot hopping about holding a football boot full of mangled toes. John Whiteford walked the ball round him into an empty net. People were staggering for a piss to the toilet or to the wall behind the goal. Funniest thing I have ever seen on a football pitch. People were bursting out in spontaneous laughter for the rest of the game as they re lived the moment in their mind. Anybody else remember this ?

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No ! I have a better one. Stirlingshire Cup midweek game at Brockville against the Shire early mid 70's. Goal kick for Shire at the car park end. The shire goalie called Gourley took a long run up. Slightly lost his footing and kicked a divot of turf which sailed majestically to the half way line as the ball tricked out the box. There was the bizarre sign of Gourley standing on one foot hopping about holding a football boot full of mangled toes. John Whiteford walked the ball round him into an empty net. People were staggering for a piss to the toilet or to the wall behind the goal. Funniest thing I have ever seen on a football pitch. People were bursting out in spontaneous laughter for the rest of the game as they re lived the moment in their mind. Anybody else remember this ?

I am envious of how some people have memories of such specific details as this. I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I am envious of how some people have memories of such specific details as this. I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.
This is me totally, I actually thought there was something wrong with me. I started getting taken to games by my Dad early 70's and my memory of games/players etc is horrendous. Even like the 80's/90's I struggle with remembering stuff.