The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

And just vanished after being called out.

I think it was the constant blowing smoke up the MSG arse that was the giveaway despite claiming to be a Sunderland fan and in canada given the fact Edi/latapy whatever he called himself was using VPNs from Germany etc and called out for his location

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The Colin Murray piece says it all. My alarm bells started ringing with his interest being sparked by “you have no debt”. For me, that means he would seek to generate debt beyond his purchase price, saddle the club with it, and disappear over the horizon. There would then come a protracted sale of his shares to someone prepared to pick up the pieces.

We have very little to go on with this man, but what little there is isn’t positive. It looks increasingly like he should have gone to Livingston. They are ready made for this sort of punter.

The more I read of Mr Campbell, the harder it becomes to NOT read it in a ridiculous Italian accent ala Angelo Massone. In my opinion, his time at my club opened fissures in our support that are still yet to heal. Indeed they might never. 

I sincerely hope you manage to avoid Campbell and his nonsense, by hook or by crook (pun absolutely intended). 

Edited by mozam76

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That is fucking tragic. 

Leaving aside some of the speculation about whether this guy is legit or not, I am having a hard time believing a guy who is in a position to be taking over football clubs of varying levels/sizes has time to be googling his own fucking name to see if anyone is being nasty.

@markcampbellok

Mark Campbell

Mark Campbell Falkirk

Hahahaha made ye look Marko #COYB

Does he not run the risk of bringing up the other Mark Campbell, you know the bad one, with all the failed companies and unpaid debt - not our one.

#mistakenidentityyeahright

I think Mark Campbell is going to be excellent for our club. He will heavily invest a lot of money into the club and get us back to the Premiership. He will build a 4th stand and give us a flourishing academy which will produce stars of the future and finance us for decades. People who are trying to blacken his name are not really Falkirk fans but are trying to stop our bright future.

I also think OJ Simpson is innocent

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think Mark Campbell is going to be excellent for our club. He will heavily invest a lot of money into the club and get us back to the Premiership. He will build a 4th stand and give us a flourishing academy which will produce stars of the future and finance us for decades. People who are trying to blacken his name are not really Falkirk fans but are trying to stop our bright future.

I also think OJ Simpson is innocent

I think OJ should just have said it wasn't him it was another OJ Simpson, mistaken identity - simple.

He wouldn't have even needed to try the bloody glove on as the Falkirk fans on the jury would already have let him off.  

37 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

At least less replies now blowing smoke up his arse.

IMG_2791.jpg

No so sure about that there have been a couple saying they hope he is watching the game next week from the directors box, I know the MSG are bad but in this case they are the lesser of the 2 evils

Edited by AL-FFC

Guest Ecosse83

The current board have played a blinder here, 3 weeks ago I was desperate for them to GTF now I'm desperate for them to stay and not sell to a fantasist that would probably put us in major trouble - only a gut feeling nothing to back that up. 

Anyway thank god it's match day, just cracked open a bottle of Beck's to wash down my 2 rolls on Patrick's square sausage 😎

The current board have played a blinder here, 3 weeks ago I was desperate for them to GTF now I'm desperate for them to stay and not sell to a fantasist that would probably put us in major trouble - only a gut feeling nothing to back that up. 
Anyway thank god it's match day, just cracked open a bottle of Beck's to wash down my 2 rolls on Patrick's square sausage [emoji41]

Only a gut feel from me too apart from a list of failed businesses and a trail of skint business partners

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Only a gut feel from me too apart from a list of failed businesses and a trail of skint business partners

Well of that's the case then no way will be pass any sort of test to take over. 

I was basing my opinion on the embarrassing twitter interaction he is having, a really successful businessman just wouldn't do that. 

I was basing my opinion on the embarrassing twitter interaction he is having, a really successful businessman just wouldn't do that. 

Somebody with that sort of cash would be too busy making more or playing about with their sportscars etc to be spending hours on twitter every day... he’s probably got lucky with a couple of house sales, is now worth around 5m, and is hoping to loan the rest to carry out his handiwork! Rolling the dice that we will make it back to the premiership in meantime to service the loans!

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The Sunderland chairman is pretty active on Twitter, I've no idea how successful or wealthy.

I'd rather our owner, or prospective owner, would maintain Twitter silence though

Edited by champions

5 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Somebody with that sort of cash would be too busy making more or playing about with their sportscars etc to be spending hours on twitter every day... he’s probably got lucky with a couple of house sales, is now worth around 5m, and is hoping to loan the rest to carry out his handiwork! Rolling the dice that we will make it back to the premiership in meantime to service the loans!

Are you sure about that?

Donald_Trump_official_portrait.jpg

58 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

only a gut feeling nothing to back that up. 

just cracked open a bottle of Beck's to wash down my 2 rolls on Patrick's square sausage 😎

I would have blamed the square sausage for the gut feeling but not if it`s Patrick`s😉😂