The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Dave Clarke's team was basically nothing but a defence!

Yes it was but it was a well drilled one. The biggest Falkirk side I have ever seen. Big Marshall and Burgess were standouts and both made the club money when they sold them on. He kept the club up with that win at Parkhead and did it with no money. He was a pragmatist that did the best he could with what he had.

I used the have the Scottish Football book from the year following our cup win.
Was a cracking read about our fight with relegation and our cup run.
Unfortunately I lent the book to someone and never seen it again.

This is what's putting me off more than any of the rumours etc.
Wtf is he trying to get out of replying to every rumour or every moron that asks him a question? He should be silently waiting for DD to complete before interacting with us at all, once that's done he can do this nonsense till his heart's content.
Something really weird about the whole situation. 

He is probably a fantasist - such people not only believe in the story they create, they interact with it at every opportunity to confirm to themselves it is real !
THE most telling fact is why on earth having found the success he was striving for (11 failed ventures allegedly) would he give it all up and put his hard earned cash into football in Scottish league 1 and move back here to watch it fritter away . I’ve is either criminal or bonkers .

He is probably a fantasist - such people not only believe in the story they create, they interact with it at every opportunity to confirm to themselves it is real !
THE most telling fact is why on earth having found the success he was striving for (11 failed ventures allegedly) would he give it all up and put his hard earned cash into football in Scottish league 1 and move back here to watch it fritter away . I’ve is either criminal or bonkers .

The best was someone asking him if he would develop Maddison Golf Course!

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

ha this is what I was saying to my mate last week.  He's opened himself up for every daftie in Falkirk to bombard him full bullsh*t ( full expect to see a "whurs oor Primark oan the high street?!").  He's certainly set himself up for a twitter  bombardment if things do go sour by being so responsive.

Yeah why not it could be Scotland’s first indoor golf club with a retractable roof similar to the one to be built at the stadium . Given the quality John park will be brining to the club they will need great facilities to keep them occupied until the Maniqui opens.
The new hotel at the stadium would also have to get preferential rates of course & debenture holders in the Bexley mini cab fourth stand would be eligible for reduced green fees. Not sure if the season ticket holders in the corner stands would qualify as they would be branded Johnny come latelys - glory hunting wankers. We will have to be patient though as mark sees these as longer term developments nearer the end of his 7 year plan.in the short term he will concentrate on getting us into the top six in the premier league -after all he has identified its where we should be !