The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Are some folk being serious about gow on here? Played for us for two seasons. Had a handful of good performances mainly because latapy and stokes were in the same side. Couldn't get out quick enough when sevco came calling and then had the riddy of no playing at all for them.  He was a bit of a shitebag as a player and yet people on here seem to think hes some kind of falkirk legend.  He certainly never had falkirk running through his veins ffs. We also know as much about the folk behind him as MC.  There is nothing to say that his bid would be any more reliable than Campbells.

Not to mention did he not knock us back twice before Airdrie went down the tubes and there was no club there till the incarnation of Airdrie Utd

1 hour ago, champions said:

Just because Chris McCart believes that colt teams should be admitted into the league setup doesn't mean anyone else does.  I'm pretty sure year on year numerous things get brought up at these meetings and get poo pooed straight away. This colt team nonsense will be no different.

Out of interest, have you ever protested outside a game involving a colt team to show your displeasure?

You seem to have a real obsession with protests outside stadiums being the only way to get a point across, strange.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Are some folk being serious about gow on here? Played for us for two seasons. Had a handful of good performances mainly because latapy and stokes were in the same side. Couldn't get out quick enough when sevco came calling and then had the riddy of no playing at all for them.  He was a bit of a shitebag as a player and yet people on here seem to think hes some kind of falkirk legend.  He certainly never had falkirk running through his veins ffs. We also know as much about the folk behind him as MC.  There is nothing to say that his bid would be any more reliable than Campbells.

Not remotely close to being a legend (that comment was obviously a wind up anyway!) but I certainly think that he was a decent player for us.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-quiet-on-takeover-talks-and-campbell-1-4984338

Maybe a continuation of what we already know but it appears to indicate MC's preference to address concerns via Twitter rather than take questions from the press. Of course, Lex Miller trumpeting the arrival of three new players thanks to the board.

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not remotely close to being a legend (that comment was obviously a wind up anyway!) but I certainly think that he was a decent player for us.

Agreed, could never be classed in the "legend" category but certainly was a decent player. I think when he looks back on his career, he`ll see that his time at Falkirk was probably the most successful period of it with good memories. Having been a player here he will also know the considerable potential at the Club in terms of support & capacity to grow. 

5 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Agreed, could never be classed in the "legend" category but certainly was a decent player. I think when he looks back on his career, he`ll see that his time at Falkirk was probably the most successful period of it with good memories. Having been a player here he will also know the considerable potential at the Club in terms of support & capacity to grow. 

Agree that he was a decent player. Got a Scotland B run out while with us, but he's more Airdrie or Exeter City legend if anything

Not to mention did he not knock us back twice before Airdrie went down the tubes and there was no club there till the incarnation of Airdrie Utd
Really? Airdrieonians went bust in 2002 and Airdrie United took over Clydebank that summer.
Alan Gow didn't join us until summer 2005.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Really? Airdrieonians went bust in 2002 and Airdrie United took over Clydebank that summer.
Alan Gow didn't join us until summer 2005.

He still knocked us back twice when he was at Airdrie if i recall correctly, 

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
39 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Maybe, I don't recall that. Did we pay a fee for him? I know he was highly sought after at the time.

£60,000 rings a bell.

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-quiet-on-takeover-talks-and-campbell-1-4984338

Maybe a continuation of what we already know but it appears to indicate MC's preference to address concerns via Twitter rather than take questions from the press. Of course, Lex Miller trumpeting the arrival of three new players thanks to the board.

I heard a wee rumour, which of course may be nonsense, that Lex was desperate for somebody to come out in public and give him all the credit.

It seems nobody else was willing to do it. Ach well, if you want a job done right....

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I heard a wee rumour, which of course may be nonsense, that Lex was desperate for somebody to come out in public and give him all the credit.

It seems nobody else was willing to do it. Ach well, if you want a job done right....

It might just be me but if he wants credit for the 3 signings then he can also take credit for his part in the past 2 shambolic seasons, relegation, fines, Paul Hartley, 17 imposters rocking up at the stadium last season claiming to be professional football players, the axing of the academy, the employment of CC and why the f**k do we have empire biscuits for a snack at a football ground but thanks for the 3 signings Lex

57 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Maybe, I don't recall that. Did we pay a fee for him? I know he was highly sought after at the time.

We had been after him for a while i remember that much we had approached him twice and i remember him knocking us back if i mind right he was scoring for fun at Airdrie and there were a few clubs chasing him over the years, i couldnt remember the right reason why he ended up leaving Airdrie i thought it was at that time they became Airdrie United but thinking back mind now did we not take on the bulk of that Airdrie team.