The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Top Bins said:

Not clued up on the ins and outs of the Gowser bid but if one man had this club running through his veins it’s him. 

😂 he was with us for about ten minutes FFS. 

[emoji23] he was with us for about ten minutes FFS. 

Fair do’s. Thought it was longer (it’s an age thing) but remember a couple of good seasons with him in the SPL under Yogi. Probably worded it wrong “through his veins”. [emoji23] Stick with MC then. [emoji6]

24 minutes ago, Rugster said:

😂 he was with us for about ten minutes FFS. 

Scored the hat trick at Tannadice the day after Stokes left though, can get a wee handy fae me anyday he likes. Falkirk. running. through. his. veins.

Guest Ecosse83

Any serious bidder for the club wouldn't keep replying to rubbish on twitter, the quicker this guy is out of the picture the better in my opinion. 

On 13/08/2019 at 22:46, Bairnardo said:

Wish folk who go to the football would pay just a tiny bit of attention to what goes on in Scottish football.

This, I'm afraid is very much the point, and the reality is pretty dispiriting.

I brought it up on here a few weeks ago when the boycott talk was on the go.  It's the case that an awful lot of people just go along to shout for their team with a blissful, sometimes wilful lack of interest in any bigger picture, in any political backdrop, or in any sense of a collective good.

I saw it at my club when we shamefully voted the same way your lot did over the level at which to admit the Rangers re-birth.  

The responses on here confirm that split.  You're getting support, but others are arguing and receiving backing as well, often from those who can't be arsed thinking.  The depressing part of that is that the people on here do not form a representative cross section.  Instead, they'll tend to be among the more interested, better informed members of the support.  If lots of them see no issue in going to a game featuring an OF Colts side, you can guarantee that they speak for lots of others who've never even heard of P&B.

FWIW, you're actually spot on here in highlighting the bigger agenda of Chris McCart and co.  Those saying they've every right to attend whatever games they please are of course correct.  The same freedoms however give you a right, nay a duty, to tear into them for their mindlessness.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This, I'm afraid is very much the point, and the reality is pretty dispiriting.

I brought it up on here a few weeks ago when the boycott talk was on the go.  It's the case that an awful lot of people just go along to shout for their team with a blissful, sometimes wilful lack of interest in any bigger picture, in any political backdrop, or in any sense of a collective good.

I saw it at my club when we shamefully voted the same way your lot did over the level at which to admit the Rangers re-birth.  

The responses on here confirm that split.  You're getting support, but others are arguing and receiving backing as well, often from those who can't be arsed thinking.  The depressing part of that is that the people on here do not form a representative cross section.  Instead, they'll tend to be among the more interested, better informed members of the support.  If lots of them see no issue in going to a game featuring an OF Colts side, you can guarantee that they speak for lots of others who've never even heard of P&B.

FWIW, you're actually spot on here in highlighting the bigger agenda of Chris McCart and co.  Those saying they've every right to attend whatever games they please are of course correct.  The same freedoms however give you a right, nay a duty, to tear into them for their mindlessness.

I have to admit to being sort of ignorant on the Colt side of things, and i can appreciate those that go along to support their team but blissfully ignorant of the agenda but it follows the same path as politics people will vote or go along with what they believe to be right but not following the bigger picture.

The OF are basically putting across they are a big fish in a small pond as far as Scottish Football goes (despite the fact i dont care what anyone says, anyone that supports either side of the arse cheeks (OF) is going because of their religion and a 90 minute bigot fest).  

IF the Atlantic league ever rears its head again or they get the chance to f**k off to England the OF colts teams are a case of its ok you can have our diddier (Colts) to make up for losing us (in other words the ones that cant afford to Support them in an Atlantic or English league) they get to carry on their bigotry on a smaller scale but still make more money of the back of it.

Or thats the way i see it they get double the money so its win/win for the OF and a giant GIRFUY to the rest of us

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

Top Bins with some excellent wind up patter there. Alan Gow bleeds navy blue, stood on the terraces at Brockville, would die for our club.

I did think that he was a smashing player for us to be fair (before the pre contract with the H@^s obviously)

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

So saying one thing opposite to something yet claiming the thing opposite to your opinion will probably will happen(in one case agree it will) more than once is what ?

If you have a strong opinion as you stated, it's best you stick to one side and not dilute to one minute saying 1700 crowd means we are promoting colt teams, then not and creating wildfire over nothing thereafter and on 1 maybe 2 or more scenarios peddle back to the opposite of your claim.

That is sitting on the fence.

Are you Mark Campbell ?

The Drink can be a terrible thing.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Any serious bidder for the club wouldn't keep replying to rubbish on twitter, the quicker this guy is out of the picture the better in my opinion. 

This is what's putting me off more than any of the rumours etc.

Wtf is he trying to get out of replying to every rumour or every moron that asks him a question? He should be silently waiting for DD to complete before interacting with us at all, once that's done he can do this nonsense till his heart's content.

Something really weird about the whole situation. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Just because Chris McCart believes that colt teams should be admitted into the league setup doesn't mean anyone else does.  I'm pretty sure year on year numerous things get brought up at these meetings and get poo pooed straight away. This colt team nonsense will be no different.

Out of interest, have you ever protested outside a game involving a colt team to show your displeasure?

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

This is what's putting me off more than any of the rumours etc.

Wtf is he trying to get out of replying to every rumour or every moron that asks him a question? He should be silently waiting for DD to complete before interacting with us at all, once that's done he can do this nonsense till his heart's content.

Something really weird about the whole situation. 

Will we even be told that DD has been completed?  Maybe it already has and he passed with flying colours, and it's now just a case of completing the purchase.

Just now, champions said:

Will we even be told that DD has been completed?  Maybe it already has and he passed with flying colours, and it's now just a case of completing the purchase.

You could be right but he's been like this ever since the board announced him as the preferred bidder. Really hope I'm wrong but there's just something off.

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Any serious multi millionaire businessman with the amount of alleged financial clout he has would have at least a PA to look after this type of thing instead of replying to every tweet from wee guys from tamfourhill and the like. 

Or am I being a snob? 

Are some folk being serious about gow on here? Played for us for two seasons. Had a handful of good performances mainly because latapy and stokes were in the same side. Couldn't get out quick enough when sevco came calling and then had the riddy of no playing at all for them.  He was a bit of a shitebag as a player and yet people on here seem to think hes some kind of falkirk legend.  He certainly never had falkirk running through his veins ffs. We also know as much about the folk behind him as MC.  There is nothing to say that his bid would be any more reliable than Campbells.

Edited by Shodwall cat