The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In fairness, he only lost his place due to a stomach injury and then couldn't get back in because Thomson was playing well.

Wasn’t it an eye injury happened around April 1st😉

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

It’s clear that fan interest in these colt teams is a big factor in this whole argument though? It’s clear the SPFL want them but they can’t pitch them due to no fan interest, if nobody turns up against them, they won’t have a leg to stand on. How can you not see that?

Think a lot of you are just looking at someway to get out the house, try look at the bigger picture for once, this isn’t just about falkirk fans it’s about every professional team in Scotland.

I can get out the house whenever I want, I don’t need a football match as an excuse. 

I see the bigger picture and believe that attending last nights has no impact on it. If they want the colts teams in the leagues they’ll do it. If it goes to a vote the vote will be no. Me supporting my team last night doesn’t influence either of those things 👍🏻

Right fellow Bairns.
Can those that want to go to games and support the team just go to games and support the team.
Can those that don’t want to go to games, just not go to games.
I don’t want to come on here and listen to it all day.
Thanks.
GB.
Thats fine. So whats on the approved content list for the thread today?

Disagreement doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss stuff. No one wants an echo chamber surely?

It’s clear that fan interest in these colt teams is a big factor in this whole argument though? It’s clear the SPFL want them but they can’t pitch them due to no fan interest, if nobody turns up against them, they won’t have a leg to stand on. How can you not see that?

Think a lot of you are just looking at someway to get out the house, try look at the bigger picture for once, this isn’t just about falkirk fans it’s about every professional team in Scotland.

Just going to get out the house? On a Tuesday night having been at work all day? Anyone there last night was there to watch Falkirk ffs, not as a pat on the back to the SPFL. It’s hardly a vote of confidence for Doncaster to plow on with whatever he wants (he does & will anyway).

If he wants to persuade the clubs to allow colt sides into a tournament, after 2 years of doing it, he’s not going to use crowd sizes as justification (as they are in the most, awful).

40 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Any Falkirk fan going to the game last night, or any game, are going to see Falkirk. 

A better indicator would be how many fans of Colt teams attended. Looking at the attendances it's safe to say not a lot.

If the SPFL really wanted to push the colts agenda off the back of attendances then surely they wouldn't be incompetent enough to have them playing the same night as a Champions' League Qualifier.  Oh wait...
No ones saying its the only thing, but I cant quite get my head around that people arent seeing its ONE OF the factors which will influence the continued pushing and pressure. Thin end of one of many wedges if you will.

People are asking me to accept blindly that "they will never get the vote through". How naive is that? Do things never change? Do people not have price and a threshold for pressure? Its not helping anyone to pretend this doesnt exist.

Anyway that will probably do it for me. I've said my piece and I think i've done it in a reasonable manner.

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No ones saying its the only thing, but I cant quite get my head around that people arent seeing its ONE OF the factors which will influence the continued pushing and pressure. Thin end of one of many wedges if you will.

People are asking me to accept blindly that "they will never get the vote through". How naive is that? Do things never change? Do people not have price and a threshold for pressure? Its not helping anyone to pretend this doesnt exist.

Anyway that will probably do it for me. I've said my piece and I think i've done it in a reasonable manner.

I'm not as worried about "the thin edge of the wedge" as you, but the ugly sisters are certainly looking for any precedent to get their Colts into the pyramid. Rangers got very excited when ICT were trying to slot their youth team into the Highland League, which was resoundingly rejected before they did it by the back door by loaning nine to Fort William.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/could-rangers-colts-become-a-reality-thanks-to-highland-league/

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats fine. So whats on the approved content list for the thread today?

Disagreement doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss stuff. No one wants an echo chamber surely?

One minute it was 1700 makes it a talking point for a colt game, next your message it doesn't, then it's happening but won't go through.

You were sitting on the fence

2 hours ago, champions said:

Any Falkirk fan going to the game last night, or any game, are going to see Falkirk. 

A better indicator would be how many fans of Colt teams attended. Looking at the attendances it's safe to say not a lot.

191 last season when two colt teams met and I'm sure 204 in another.

59 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The B&Q Cup was guid. The 2019 version is utter shite unless you get a lash up in Ireland, England or Wales away from home.

I wouldn't even use England, Wales or Ireland when the Irish team couldn't be arsed playing the quarter final and East Fife got a bye into the semi. Any other organisation in the world would've got hounded for that but they really don't give a fuk about it

The cup is now a car crash event and they have got away with murder with it,ruining what was a decently run diddy cup, mirrors the checkatrade cup but at least it's just English u21 teams, which have more clout obviously than the Scottish colt teams.

If they were looking at another country tie in, they should've approached a northern English non league and tried to work it without the colt teams, travel not a huge issue as it is with Wales, Ireland and even the recent English teams, it was simply who they could get and watch it explode, shrug shoulders and repeat

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

One minute it was 1700 makes it a talking point for a colt game, next your message it doesn't, then it's happening but won't go through.

You were sitting on the fence

I dont think you can accuse me of being on the fence

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The B&Q Cup was guid. The 2019 version is utter shite unless you get a lash up in Ireland, England or Wales away from home.

My first ever Falkirk game was the cup final at fir park against St Mirren. Never looked back. 

Edited by Believe The Hype