The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

MrDust, heres another article that you might find interesting. I lifted this from the Colts in L2 thread which again, I suggest you and anyone else who doesnt believe the colts agenda reads. This is happening, and its happening repeatedly, and not one of the 1700 who attended would have any right to complain if we found ourselves playing meaningless league games against a bunch of laddies all season in some contrived setup to appease the bigots.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20190508/283077005683782

Seriously, calm down. If you read the full article it states that 75% of votes in favour are required to carry this motion. There is not a chance that this will pass, similar to our refusal to the top league ,it will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.  You keep going on about 1700 fans, how many were Celtic fans? How many rangers fans turned up for their Colts game? If they were taking thousands then maybe the lower league clubs would consider it, but they don't so theres no financial benefit, it also increases the risk of being relegated.

These articles are just sensationalist scaremongering which you have fallen for hook, line and sinker.

3 minutes ago, champions said:

Seriously, calm down. If you read the full article it states that 75% of votes in favour are required to carry this motion. There is not a chance that this will pass, similar to our refusal to the top league ,it will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.  You keep going on about 1700 fans, how many were Celtic fans? How many rangers fans turned up for their Colts game? If they were taking thousands then maybe the lower league clubs would consider it, but they don't so theres no financial benefit, it also increases the risk of being relegated.

These articles are just sensationalist scaremongering which you have fallen for hook, line and sinker.

Except thats not whats happened is it? I have spoken against something I feel quite strongly about. Others have disagreed that its even happening. Probably because they dont feel as strongly or just werent aware so I have posted stuff relating to the fact that it is happening. 

All done in a pretty respectful way as discussion should be, except for you calling folk arseholes or telling folk to calm down of course.  

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Except thats not whats happened is it? I have spoken against something I feel quite strongly about. Others have disagreed that its even happening. Probably because they dont feel as strongly or just werent aware so I have posted stuff relating to the fact that it is happening. 

All done in a pretty respectful way as discussion should be, except for you calling folk arseholes or telling folk to calm down of course.  

Good for you, but I'm telling you that it wont happen for the reasons I've stated. 

Also stop being such a wetwipe.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Its only not in the pipeline because so far fans and their clubs have been strong against it. You dont think its relevant that the Record are picking up McCarts agenda and pushing it into the public eyeline? Thats how it works in this country. The media will frame it however the arse cheeks want them to and it will be left solely to the fans and the clubs to try and do whats right.

Seems to me like you are not willing to see it rather than it not being there. Pretty obvoius that if low attendance is a frequently used arguement against, providing an easy counter isnt very wise.

I wonder how many of lastnights 1700 were among the 636 fans at Forthbank who watched us beat Rangers Colts last year.... You know, when it was becoming obvious we were shit.....

Quoting a McCart article is just tosh you read weekly regarding the old firm, I had to wash myself after reading it.

Year in year out its reported how unfair the play off system is in the championship and they simply protect the top league, that's how it works.

I can't see them getting 75% of the votes required in any case if it comes to the forefront, 1700 last night won't be mentioned other than Celtic went out of two cups last nite.

So far we have had most colt teams pumped out of the cup and crowds of under 200 between them, showing enough that it's a stupid idea, tho tbf our governing body like a stupid idea but it's in the clubs hands not a farcical cup competition.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Do you have a time frame for when the colts join ?

Please no more Chris McCart 

6 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Time wise it looks like the Campbell bid is toiling. Don't see what he has gained as his name has been dragged all over the papers

and not for the right reasons, hopefully they revisit the other options but it looks like the MSG live for another season.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Do you have a time frame for when the colts join ?

Please no more Chris McCart 

FWIW I agree with you that I dont think they will ever get the votes. But that is very dismissive of the pressure being exerted on smaller clubs to accept this and much like in politics, industrial disputes etc there is always a tipping point where one or two of those taking astand changing is enough to make the others see only the potential rewards. Pressure that, unless I am wrong, you were unaware existed until we were having this discussion? Are you still saying that there isnt real efforts to make this happen? Because the article fro. McMenemy pretty clearly spells it out for you that this proposal is being brought to clubs to vote on year on year and they are not letting it die. Im not sure what else you want me to provide on the subject to demonstrate that it is real?

Ignoring it or not taking it seriously because "ach they wont get the votes" is exactly how Brexit and Donald Trump are in our lives. Thats not a credible argument to shut down discussion of attending the guinea pig games in the Cup. 

6 minutes ago, madton said:

Danny Rogers has signed for us, thoughts on him? 

Good signing for you guys, he should be challenging for the no 1 jersey at Aberdeen but for some reason he always ends out on loan, McInnes obv has other plans but definitely good enough. he was always solid enough for us well when we had a competent team.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

FWIW I agree with you that I dont think they will ever get the votes. 

Im not sure what else you want me to provide on the subject to demonstrate that it is real?

You have had a feet in both camps throughout, why change now.

I asked for timeframe to when it will actually happen ?

10 minutes ago, madton said:

Aberdeen bought a keeper to stop him being No1, St Mirren career lasted minutes and he lost his place with us in the end.

He had a bit gallus approach but mistakes made him lose that, he used to come for crossed balls he shouldn't but latterly he was tied to his goal posts. 

His career has nose dived since Dumbarton and the first season with us

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You have had a feet in both camps throughout, why change now.

I asked for timeframe to when it will actually happen ?

How are you proposing I answer that? They will keep bringing it to the table. If it goes through then they will sort the particulars. Genuinely not sure what you are getting at here?

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How are you proposing I answer that? They will keep bringing it to the table. If it goes through then they will sort the particulars. Genuinely not sure what you are getting at here?

The next time there is a meeting or vote why don't you organise a protest against it? Make the effort to go through to Hampden to make your feelings known.

Whining about something that hasn't happened, and will not happen, on an internet message board, will achieve nothing.

Just now, champions said:

The next time there is a meeting or vote why don't you organise a protest against it? Make the effort to go through to Hampden to make your feelings known.

Whining about something that hasn't happened, and will not happen, on an internet message board, will achieve nothing.

What a load of fucking shite. 

Lads, stop talking about games, you cant influence the results.

Stop discussing Mark Campbell, you cant influence the result.

I actually contacted Falkirk on the subject when it first reared its head and did my best to encourage others to do the same. Should there be another vote I will contact them again. Of course, me contacting the club might not change the world, but it does further serve to rubbish the pish you have posted above. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What a load of fucking shite. 

Lads, stop talking about games, you cant influence the results.

Stop discussing Mark Campbell, you cant influence the result.

I actually contacted Falkirk on the subject when it first reared its head and did my best to encourage others to do the same. Should there be another vote I will contact them again. Of course, me contacting the club might not change the world, but it does further serve to rubbish the pish you have posted above. 

It’s not the talking that’s the problem, although it is becoming a bit boring.

It’s the fact that people believe that by attending/not attending last nights game they are somehow influencing the future of our game and have a right to tell people they shouldn’t be going  

Sadly, the people running our game will make decisions and the bigger teams will protect their own interests whether Falkirk fans turn up or not. 

49 minutes ago, madton said:

First season with us he was one of the best keepers in the league  but his second spell wasn’t the best and ended losing his place to Robbie Thomson in the end.

It’s not the talking that’s the problem, although it is becoming a bit boring.
It’s the fact that people believe that by attending/not attending last nights game they are somehow influencing the future of our game and have a right to tell people they shouldn’t be going  
Sadly, the people running our game will make decisions and the bigger teams will protect their own interests whether Falkirk fans turn up or not. 

It’s clear that fan interest in these colt teams is a big factor in this whole argument though? It’s clear the SPFL want them but they can’t pitch them due to no fan interest, if nobody turns up against them, they won’t have a leg to stand on. How can you not see that?

Think a lot of you are just looking at someway to get out the house, try look at the bigger picture for once, this isn’t just about falkirk fans it’s about every professional team in Scotland.