The Falkirk FC Thread

Celtic colts only done well by having a ‘these men won’t bully us’ mentality. It got them through the 90 minutes, but if that had went to extra time they’d have been blown away IMHO.

I don’t think they could compete like that week in week out. Last night was the biggest game of their season, with a chance of progressing in a pro tournament. They came close but not close enough, against a very much ‘reserve’ side from us. 

If we had our first team on from the start I don’t think they’d have done nearly as well. 

We can take from this performance that Gomis and Longridge are the only ones vying for a first team start who aren’t in the last 11 we started with (barring injuries etc to the starting 11)

What was particularly strange last night was the celebrating and I mean proper celebrating of some fans as we put out Celtic Under 20's on penalties.  I mean I went, it being a fiver had a lot to do with it. But deep down I was a bit pissed we went through and continued in this frankly pish tournament. 

Grown men shout get it up you and such at a bunch of under 20's.......Bizarre, specially as they were the better team. I was really impressed with the lad Okoflex. 

What was particularly strange last night was the celebrating and I mean proper celebrating of some fans as we put out Celtic Under 20's on penalties.  I mean I went, it being a fiver had a lot to do with it. But deep down I was a bit pissed we went through and continued in this frankly pish tournament. 
Grown men shout get it up you and such at a bunch of under 20's.......Bizarre, specially as they were the better team. I was really impressed with the lad Okoflex. 

Didn’t see any of that tbh. What part of the stand were you in?

28 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Could hear a bit of over celebrating on ftv, was mostly kids and women by the sounds of things.

First half especially Celtic were excellent, tailed off in the 2nd probably because they put so much into the 1st.

Have a guess at who their big team might be, there’s your answer.

Have a guess at who their big team might be, there’s your answer.
To be fair, the celtic team had a few dirty c***s in it. Taking sly kicks at people, kicking and throwing the ball away and generally losing the head at times, especially as they tired in the second half. The referee let them away with that. As the quote above from FTV said, they teach them to cheat young at parkhead. f**k them.

(for clarity, I wasn't at the game to shout at them)

Can you prove there is ?
Two colt teams met last season with a crowd of 191 and it wasn't Livi.
East Fife got a bye in the semi final last year because the other team couldn't be arsed, yet the 1700 last night proves it matters to you
The only interest they take in this competition is the freebie biscuits
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48179898&ved=2ahUKEwid-4uxp4LkAhXYTRUIHUajCLkQFjAHegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0YxZFalSjIi8tlt6PJVNyP&ampcf=1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/scottish-premiership-colt-teams-spfl-15667434.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/chris-mccart-gives-detailed-insight-11925894.amp

I am a bit surprised it has passed you by, but yes, I can prove that they are trying it. I can prove that the arse cheeks are at the forefront of it, and if you read the arguements against, which most would agree need to stay strong, attendance is always mentioned.

59 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

I'd put it down to Celtic colts showing a few get it up yees throughout the game and even in the penalties, always gonna be a few wanting to rub their noses in it, no matter the competition or level.

I respected this cup when we had Sibbald, Fulton and many more of the academy players in our first 11 under Elvis, I felt it helped develop them with favourable draws for them to get wins under their belts to take into the league. I don't know if it's beneficial for us this season other than players on the fringes getting game time

It's a bit of a farce now, tho has went a step further than the English checkatrade version

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48179898&ved=2ahUKEwid-4uxp4LkAhXYTRUIHUajCLkQFjAHegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0YxZFalSjIi8tlt6PJVNyP&ampcf=1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/scottish-premiership-colt-teams-spfl-15667434.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/chris-mccart-gives-detailed-insight-11925894.amp

I am a bit surprised it has passed you by, but yes, I can prove that they are trying it. I can prove that the arse cheeks are at the forefront of it, and if you read the arguements against, which most would agree need to stay strong, attendance is always mentioned.

First article was interesting !!

The other two didn't reveal owt that anything is even in the pipeline, the Chris McCart one is a typical old firm story, thanks for wasting my time with that trash..

Attendance is mentioned obviously in the low end market, still waiting for 1700 promotes colt team appearance, tho that will be done to the fact no gives a fuk.

Screenshot_20190814-131347_0.jpg

First article was interesting !!
The other two didn't reveal owt that anything is even in the pipeline, the Chris McCart one is a typical old firm story, thanks for wasting my time with that trash..
Attendance is mentioned obviously in the low end market, still waiting for 1700 promotes colt team appearance, tho that will be done to the fact no gives a fuk.

Screenshot_20190814-131347_0.thumb.jpg.86a75c4003a52a93db84a70b64facb82.jpg
Its only not in the pipeline because so far fans and their clubs have been strong against it. You dont think its relevant that the Record are picking up McCarts agenda and pushing it into the public eyeline? Thats how it works in this country. The media will frame it however the arse cheeks want them to and it will be left solely to the fans and the clubs to try and do whats right.

Seems to me like you are not willing to see it rather than it not being there. Pretty obvoius that if low attendance is a frequently used arguement against, providing an easy counter isnt very wise.

I wonder how many of lastnights 1700 were among the 636 fans at Forthbank who watched us beat Rangers Colts last year.... You know, when it was becoming obvious we were shit.....

MrDust, heres another article that you might find interesting. I lifted this from the Colts in L2 thread which again, I suggest you and anyone else who doesnt believe the colts agenda reads. This is happening, and its happening repeatedly, and not one of the 1700 who attended would have any right to complain if we found ourselves playing meaningless league games against a bunch of laddies all season in some contrived setup to appease the bigots.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20190508/283077005683782