The Falkirk FC Thread

That Colt team will be better than half the team’s we’ll come up against this season. Whether that was down to their ability or the fact we made 8 changes I don’t know. Ralston and Flex (Number 11?) were decent. Rather we had the number 11 from Celtic than that guy from Hearts on loan.

A trip to Ireland or England please or failing that, Cove.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
34 minutes ago, MrDust said:
The two Celtic teams out of cup competition will have more publicity than our X crowd. They really don't give a shite about this competition, last season's final in Inverness for Ross County showed how much they bothered. I also love the regional draws where we were in different region from Stennie as well as other mad regions. They seriously couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

The papers might not give a f**k, but those pushing the agenda are certainly taking note. Naive to think otherwise.

I await evidence of naivety 

They really don't give a fuk about anything outside the top league,championship (play offs proof) and rest of the league's has no real importance to them other than its there.

The league cup is a mockery now, starting before world cups or euros finishing.

If your point on being naive is based on 1700 at a cup game, colt teams in a nothing cup, colt teams entering the league structure but are nowhere near that, really don't see where you are barking but it's not hard to grasp they don't give one fuk about championship or below and again they will feel they have improved our game that the old firm are our top 2 clubs again

26 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I await evidence of naivety 

They really don't give a fuk about anything outside the top league,championship (play offs proof) and rest of the league's has no real importance to them other than its there.

The league cup is a mockery now, starting before world cups or euros finishing.

If your point on being naive is based on 1700 at a cup game, colt teams in a nothing cup, colt teams entering the league structure but are nowhere near that, really don't see where you are barking but it's not hard to grasp they don't give one fuk about championship or below and again they will feel they have improved our game that the old firm are our top 2 clubs again

Are you suggesting that there is not an ongoing effort to get the colt teams into the league? Thats how this reads and thats demonstrably untrue. 

Did we boycott when they started home teams keeping the gate money in the league giving the old firm a massive advantage (1980 I think)? No. Did we boycott when the league split so the top teams could get more tv cash? No. If by some miracle we got to the champions league would we boycott a competition that is virtually rigged to suit a few big clubs in a few leagues? No. But anyone going to a challenge cup game v a colt team, scabs, it's time to make a stand, save scottish football etc etc... 

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Did we boycott when they started home teams keeping the gate money in the league giving the old firm a massive advantage (1980 I think)? No. Did we boycott when the league split so the top teams could get more tv cash? No. If by some miracle we got to the champions league would we boycott a competition that is virtually rigged to suit a few big clubs in a few leagues? No. But anyone going to a challenge cup game v a colt team, scabs, it's time to make a stand, save scottish football etc etc... 

This is just another "can't win, don't try" post though

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The clubs voted against because enough fans of the clubs made it clear they would not support anything but rightful punting to the 4th tier. Stunned that you dont think it matters what the paying customer does or doesnt do. 

Absolutely this. They were trying like hell to just place Sevco into the Championship but enough clubs fans made it clear through phone calls, letters, emails etc. that this was not acceptable and they had to put them in the 4th tier - so fan pressure can sometimes have an influence. What should never be forgotten, and to our eternal shame, is that Falkirk FC, under Martin Ritchie's chairmanship, were one of the few clubs who voted to have  Sevco go straight to the Championship or whatever it was called then. What a black mark to have against our name.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This is just another "can't win, don't try" post though

So why don't you protest against the SFA outside hampden? You and hughsie can immobile the masses the next time any colt team is in action.  

Fair enough you don't agree with colt teams in the competition, but taking digs at people going to the game is out of order. 

You guys actually remind me of the 'Millie Tant' character from the VIz

12 minutes ago, champions said:

So why don't you protest against the SFA outside hampden? You and hughsie can immobile the masses the next time any colt team is in action.  

Fair enough you don't agree with colt teams in the competition, but taking digs at people going to the game is out of order. 

You guys actually remind me of the 'Millie Tant' character from the VIz

Aren't you in the lead as far as digs go, calling people arseholes? I haven't gone anywhere close to that thanks. 

Absolutely this. They were trying like hell to just place Sevco into the Championship but enough clubs fans made it clear through phone calls, letters, emails etc. that this was not acceptable and they had to put them in the 4th tier - so fan pressure can sometimes have an influence. What should never be forgotten, and to our eternal shame, is that Falkirk FC, under Martin Ritchie's chairmanship, were one of the few clubs who voted to have  Sevco go straight to the Championship or whatever it was called then. What a black mark to have against our name.

I was unaware we voted to put them in the Championship, totally ashamed to be associated to a club who were in favour of that. Junior football at best for those cheating scumbags!

9 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Really surprised folk would hand over cash to watch us play a youth team. 

This is my view as well, the weather was lovely last night. A nice walk was a much better use of the time for me.

Guest Ecosse83

Didn't go and only ever went to the final of that diddy cup which is always a good piss up. 

I couldn't care less who we come up against but it is a good opportunity for the fringe players to get some game time especially with no reserve team this season.

1 hour ago, JinkyBairn said:

Didn’t even realise we had a game last night.

37 minutes ago, Top Bins said:

Didn’t even check the score till this morning.

You call that ambivalence?.  I didn't realise there was a game until I just read this thread, but am now going to bash my head off a brick wall until i'm unconscious and  forget that we ever played the match.  That's how little i care.

Sometimes it’s more important to send a message to the powers that be though.
I don’t think any of the games against the colts have even broken 500, I’m seeing now we had 1700 at the game. 

Bet they wish they had charged a tenner now. Most would have gone anyway, just because it is what they do.

49 minutes ago, Top Bins said:

Is this the competition we beat Hamilton with a Darren Dods header at Livingston a few years back. Think that was the last game in this competition I attended. Didn’t even check the score till this morning.

Yep, that's the one, 2011-12 season.