The Falkirk FC Thread

Agreed. But as with any game I still am happy when Falkirk win. I could not give a damn about this cup and view it as a mere distraction from our one and only goal which is promotion. It does however give our fringe players the chance to get to know each other in a real game situation. Colt teams are shut but let's face it we could have been a Sunderland colt team.
Enough football talk. Was MC at the game?

This is the issue. You are right that no one at the game would be ignored by the powers that be. Just like every other game involving colts.... But now we have gone and given them something to trumpet about. That wont be ignored. It will be added to the brief for encouraging this fucking shit idea. 
[mention=290]champions[/mention] you can call me an arsehole all you want. An arsehole with some fucking integrity though. An arsehole thats an actual football fan who gives a f**k about the state of football in this country. You think we should lay off cos "fellow supporters"? f**k that. Supporting the same team as me doesnt supercede the fact that I believe its norally bankrupt to show any form of support for the Old Firm trojan  horse that is Colts involvement in this cup. 

Haven’t got an issue with whoever didn’t go tonight.

I went because I wanted to see my team play and wanted to see the new lads play. Went there to support my team.

Absolutely no issue with anyone who attended or didn’t.

Seriously who really gives a f**k here?

1700 decided to go and I was one of them!!

I support my team through thick and thin. Anyone who thinks by not going your gonna change the world then think again

Can't believe getting slagged going to support my team... What a fucking fan base we have[emoji23]

35 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Aye but Neil Doncaster still gets his wages so it doesn’t matter whether you go or not.

Do you actually think going/not going to the game is going to mean anything to Neil Doncaster and the SFA? You’re not that important I’m afraid but keep convincing yourself that your gona somehow change the future of Scottish football by not attending a first round fixture in Scotland’s smallest competition 🙈

Just now, JulioBairn said:

Do you actually think going/not going to the game is going to mean anything to Neil Doncaster and the SFA? You’re not that important I’m afraid but keep convincing yourself that your gona somehow change the future of Scottish football by not attending a first round fixture in Scotland’s smallest competition 🙈

Can't win, don't try? 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

....I believe its morally bankrupt to show any form of support for the Old Firm trojan  horse that is Colts involvement in this cup. 

This. Colts out. It’s a disgraceful, brass-necked ploy that undermines any pretence that the authorities act for the good of ALL member clubs. 

And a well done to Raith, Airdrieonians & Clyde tonight for papping out some of the other diddy C**ts.  

What exactly are you trying? They will do what they want when they want. Our attendance tonight will have no bearing on anything

They won't, because so far lower league clubs have held out and held out despite the bully boys trying to pressure them and bribe them. Giving the proposal more credence by attending games will help it to snowball until such times as lower league clubs are crushed under the weight. Bear in mind that we are a lower league club. We are selling out our own. Do you want 8 or even potentially more games a season against these fucking colt teams? Do you want to be promoted after finishing third, 30 points behind a Celtic/Rangers colt team that isn't allowed into the top league? Thats the sort of shambles we are looking at. If you don't think support for it in the Challenge Cup is the precursor to more attmepts to force it into the league structure then I dont know what to tell you?

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is the issue. You are right that no one at the game would be ignored by the powers that be. Just like every other game involving colts.... But now we have gone and given them something to trumpet about. That wont be ignored. It will be added to the brief for encouraging this fucking shit idea. 

@champions

The two Celtic teams out of cup competition will have more publicity than our X crowd. They really don't give a shite about this competition, last season's final in Inverness for Ross County showed how much they bothered. I also love the regional draws where we were in different region from Stennie as well as other mad regions. They seriously couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They won't, because so far lower league clubs have held out and held out despite the bully boys trying to pressure them and bribe them. Giving the proposal more credence by attending games will help it to snowball until such times as lower league clubs are crushed under the weight. Bear in mind that we are a lower league club. We are selling out our own. Do you want 8 or even potentially more games a season against these fucking colt teams? Do you want to be promoted after finishing third, 30 points behind a Celtic/Rangers colt team that isn't allowed into the top league? Thats the sort of shambles we are looking at. If you don't think support for it in the Challenge Cup is the precursor to more attmepts to force it into the league structure then I dont know what to tell you?

If they want the Colts teams in the league they’ll do it. Since when have they started listening to the fans?

The two Celtic teams out of cup competition will have more publicity than our X crowd. They really don't give a shite about this competition, last season's final in Inverness for Ross County showed how much they bothered. I also love the regional draws where we were in different region from Stennie as well as other mad regions. They seriously couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

The papers might not give a f**k, but those pushing the agenda are certainly taking note. Naive to think otherwise.

If they want the Colts teams in the league they’ll do it. Since when have they started listening to the fans?

If thatw as the case, Rangers would have been admitted back into the top league, or ours, as a new club. How di that go?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

If thatw as the case, Rangers would have been admitted back into the top league, or ours, as a new club. How di that go?

You’ve lost me. They put Rangers in the bottom division because some fans made them??

If the fans had a voice we’d have a 16 team top league, tonight’s cup and the league cup wouldn’t have been messed about with and we’d have a fair playoff system. 

The big teams look after the big teams I’m afraid and whether the was 17 or 1700 there tonight matters not one bit 

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

You’ve lost me. They put Rangers in the bottom division because some fans made them??

If the fans had a voice we’d have a 16 team top league, tonight’s cup and the league cup wouldn’t have been messed about with and we’d have a fair playoff system. 

The big teams look after the big teams I’m afraid and whether the was 17 or 1700 there tonight matters not one bit 

The clubs voted against because enough fans of the clubs made it clear they would not support anything but rightful punting to the 4th tier. Stunned that you dont think it matters what the paying customer does or doesnt do. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The clubs voted against because enough fans of the clubs made it clear they would not support anything but rightful punting to the 4th tier. Stunned that you dont think it matters what the paying customer does or doesnt do. 

I think the paying customer should matter but I’m not running the show and I’ve seen plenty of evidence to suggest they don’t care. 

Anyway I’m not a fan of the SFA, Project Brave, the playoff system, the colts involvement or the Welsh teams so I wish you and Hughsie all the best in your quest to send a message. I’m genuinely right behind you in your attempt to force change but I went to support my team tonight