The Falkirk FC Thread

Too many changes to the team this evening with players out of position, none of the backup players offered anything to suggest that they should be starting. First half Celtic were really dangerous but thought we were better in the 2nd, still didnt create enough chances but longridge had a few opportunities where his decision making let him down.  

Hopefully we get dunfermline or cove in the next round.

Edited by champions
Typo

A makeshift team in a cup none of us really care about. Got the result.

A lot of players got a good run out this evening in a reasonably competitive match. Longridge, McLean and the new lad in particular, so a mostly worthwhile exercise.

A number of those celtic lads would get a game in league 1, some maybe the championship. Wasn't long ago people were wanting us to get Ralston on loan. Oko flex looks like he might be a real player some day. He just breezed past players at times.

Can the moans of we, a league 1 club, should be hammering celtic colts please stop.

Being run that close by a Colts team is a riddy on the face of it but looking at their lineup, 5 of those players are probably just about premiership level. As a team probably as good as anything we'll face in L1

Some way off the pace from us but decent run-out for some of the 'fringe' players, and through to the next round. Meh.

Bigger fish to fry this weekend anyway

Over 1,000 at the game.
f**k me.
Far more pathetic than the performance of the team. Folk who cant see beyond getting out the house obviously. Wish folk who go to the football would pay just a tiny bit of attention to what goes on in Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, champions said:

Imagine giving your fellow supporters grief for going to a game. Arseholes

Sometimes it’s more important to send a message to the powers that be though.

I don’t think any of the games against the colts have even broken 500, I’m seeing now we had 1700 at the game. 

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

I’d have been disappointed with conceding in a 3 or 4-1 victory tbh.

Absolutely mortifying to draw with a bunch of laddies, the majority of whom will end up at League two clubs.

8 changes obviously doesn't help, tbh I didn't think we could make 8 changes

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
27 minutes ago, Hughsie said:
Over 1,000 at the game.
f**k me.

Far more pathetic than the performance of the team. Folk who cant see beyond getting out the house obviously. Wish folk who go to the football would pay just a tiny bit of attention to what goes on in Scottish football.

And if there was no one there, it wouldn't make any difference to the clowns that run our game.

I don't agree with colt teams in the competition, none of them bring anything to the competition other than shitting on league teams but I don't agree with Welsh or Irish teams either.

I couldn't even tell you if there is teams outside our country this season, it's a cup comp that only gets a bit serious at the semi finals, no one wants to lose a semi but winning it doesn't get me hard.

Just now, MrDust said:

8 changes obviously doesn't help, tbh I didn't think we could make 8 changes

And if there was no one there, it wouldn't make any difference to the clowns that run our game.

I don't agree with colt teams in the competition, none of them bring anything to the competition other than shitting on league teams but I don't agree with Welsh or Irish teams either.

I couldn't even tell you if there is teams outside our country this season, it's a cup comp that only gets a bit serious at the semi finals, no one wants to lose a semi but winning it doesn't get me hard.

This is the issue. You are right that no one at the game would be ignored by the powers that be. Just like every other game involving colts.... But now we have gone and given them something to trumpet about. That wont be ignored. It will be added to the brief for encouraging this fucking shit idea. 

@champions you can call me an arsehole all you want. An arsehole with some fucking integrity though. An arsehole thats an actual football fan who gives a f**k about the state of football in this country. You think we should lay off cos "fellow supporters"? f**k that. Supporting the same team as me doesnt supercede the fact that I believe its norally bankrupt to show any form of support for the Old Firm trojan  horse that is Colts involvement in this cup.