The Falkirk FC Thread

22 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Personally think BtB ship has sailed sadly but I would really like to see the MSG/BOD take a fresh look at everything if MC is hunted.

21 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I hope they do look at things afresh.

18 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced protests will work

On 12/08/2019 at 06:50, Back Post Misses said:

The whole thing is just dragging on now.

For what it is worth I actually have some hope that this maybe the point where the MSG actually take a step back and think we have to be more inclusive now, we have to seriously engage with more people to bring a freshness to the club.

Maybe I am just in glass half full mode.

Interestingly on his US Property Business it employs 7 staff. The average salary is $120,000. At that level it doesn't add up that he has a multi-million dollar empire.

The tone shift in these posts in the context of those tweets from the lad Lang is very, very interesting.

I cant understand why BtB would want to create a link to someone thats treated them so shoddily in this case the MSG and everything they have stood against. its like Stockholm syndrome why the hell would you want to stay surely Gowsers one has to be more credible than this. So despite the f**k ups and all they have done to burn bridges with the fanbase we are sticking with the status quo on this one. You couldnt make this sh*t up.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I cant understand why BtB would want to create a link to someone thats treated them so shoddily in this case the MSG and everything they have stood against. its like Stockholm syndrome why the hell would you want to stay surely Gowsers one has to be more credible than this. So despite the f**k ups and all they have done to burn bridges with the fanbase we are sticking with the status quo on this one. You couldnt make this sh*t up.

IF this is true then I think we need more detail from BTB on this before an assessment can be made on it.

If the current board are allowed to stay in place and BTB just take a couple of token seats on the BoD so they can get some free sausage rolls and can brag about being on the board up Behind the Wall then they can take a running jump to themselves. I'd consider it a betrayal if we get a watered down version of fan ownership which sees Lex and co remain in situ.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

IF this is true then I think we need more detail from BTB on this before an assessment can be made on it.

If the current board are allowed to stay in place and BTB just take a couple of token seats on the BoD so they can get some free sausage rolls and can brag about being on the board up Behind the Wall then they can take a running jump to themselves. I'd consider it a betrayal if we get a watered down version of fan ownership which sees Lex and co remain in situ.

Thats what that twitter feed looks like MSG get to be the saviours of the club despite putting us in this position in the first place and this is the gist of it:

image.png.ba46a6d46dca9a0bb62064093272dcbc.png

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Lex and Andy cannot stay under any circumstances, i could maybe accept a new board with BTB involved but has to be a clean break from the old regime. There would have to be a long term plan to sell shares to fans as well.

BtB better not be about to jump into bed with these p***ks! Whatever happens now with Mark Campbell does not change the fact that the MSG are done at this club. Finished completely. After everything that’s happened, for BtB to sit down over a cosy lunch with these arseholes and negotiate a token seat or two on the board doesn’t cut the mustard. That’s obviously a hypothetical but nonetheless realistic scenario which, in my view, would render BtB part of the overall problem instead of being the solution  we’d all hoped for.

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

20 minutes ago, champions said:

Do you actually believe that shite? 😂😂

Nothing actually surprises me any longer as far as Falkirk are concerned we even manage to f**k up a takeover.  Just want the whole thing done and dusted.  though even though whats on twitter is rumours, hearsay and speculation it could be a load of sh*te but then again there could be some truth, end of the day it will pan out one way or the other but for the MSG for to pat themselves on the back should they remain in place for a promotion at first attempt is a situation we should never have found ourselves in in the first place.

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The facts we know
Club has bad 2 seasons
Fans turn on board
Board decide they want to sell up
Board picks the bid they will get most from
Board looking at credibility of new buyer.

The rest is just imagined or made up

Correct ! Including MC's Magic Millions and Pipe Dream Promises. 

30 minutes ago, champions said:

Do you actually believe that shite? 😂😂

Kind of where I am too.

The post has been written as hard fact without any evidence to support it, other than "I've been told". By whom? The fairies who live under the rose bushes at the bottom of his garden?

I don't think the MSG will be staying, for reasons that I've given previously, though obviously I accept that time could prove me wrong. 

But if they are staying, is it really credible that they would be sharing their plans with BTB?

Or with someone who would pass those plans onto a guy who runs  a facebook messageboard? 

At the end of the day the btb bid was all about diluting the shares and not punting the msg. The new bod was to be a 50/50 sllit originally. Half new half current. You've got to get your foot in  the door first and then work at reducing the old bod input.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

At the end of the day the btb bid was all about diluting the shares and not punting the msg. The new bod was to be a 50/50 sllit originally. Half new half current. You've got to get your foot in  the door first and then work at reducing the old bod input.

they would have to agree to dilute though otherwise they can just keep voting together and keep everyone else out but if they only had 31% (even only in voting rights) the majority could finally outvote them.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd still be very happy with this scenario.

I'd definitely do not want the club in the hands of one individual again...….and especially not you know who!