The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interestingly on his US Property Business it employs 7 staff. The average salary is $120,000. At that level it doesn't add up that he has a multi-million dollar empire.

No it doesn't.

He has a real estate company , surviving off commission and rental fees.  He is not a developer and he is not in construction. He does not own these hotels/buildings  - but he subconsciously tries to give the impression he does,  in my opinion.  

We have only got his word for that. 

In US real estate you have to work for 2 years as an agent before you can own a brokerage given he says he went there 3 years ago the chances of him (or anyone else) making millions in that market in a couple of years is virtually nil on 3 % commissions .
If he’s made millions it’s not in that game or in that timeframe.

4 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Most people who work for the broker are self employed in US real estate so it’s a bit of a play on words but she could have been a self employed colleague

Yes that's correct but the story goes on to state he got another colleague to register a company in her name so she could not go out on her own.

Either way, I do not believe he is someone you could trust. 

It could of course be another case of mistaken identity. 

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

In US real estate you have to work for 2 years as an agent before you can own a brokerage given he says he went there 3 years ago the chances of him (or anyone else) making millions in that market in a couple of years is virtually nil on 3 % commissions .
If he’s made millions it’s not in that game or in that timeframe.

Correct ....so it's back to the coffee van then.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Omg can we not just let the bosses do their due dellegence n enjoy a gr8 win over a handy dumbarton team at the wknd! 6 goals n still folk moanin lol. What will be will be with Craig but so far he's saying lots of good things, academy would be fantastic and believe he is the man to take us to the Spl. Let's all pull together n back a great falkirk team. COYB

Oh and before any of you haters start this is jst my opinion having been going to games for 32 years young

I thought you had stopped going to home games in protest as you didn’t want to be ripped off.

58 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I have reservations about this guy but IF the guy has made millions then doesnt that say something from those failures .  Even the likes of Trump etc have been declared bankrupt during their time . So somewhere along the line he has made a success out of all those failures.

Hardly a good comparison, if Trump wasn't in the White House he would be in prison.

People are wanting MC to be the real deal so much they have their blinkers on IMO,

For me there is way too much smoke for there not to be a fire. I personally don't like the idea of 1 person owning so much of the club, no matter who it was.

I hope the MSG don't go with him and go back to the drawing board, hopefully with BTB.

People are wanting MC to be the real deal so much they have their blinkers on IMO,
For me there is way too much smoke for there not to be a fire. I personally don't like the idea of 1 person owning so much of the club, no matter who it was.
I hope the MSG don't go with him and go back to the drawing board, hopefully with BTB.

Personally think BtB ship has sailed sadly but I would really like to see the MSG/BOD take a fresh look at everything if MC is hunted.

36 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Explain, please.

Maybe not "in prison" but there is a distinct possibility that he could go there one day.

The Justice Department has a longstanding policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted, meaning Trump is more or less safe, for now. The filings released Friday have made real the possibility that Trump could be in serious trouble as soon as he leaves office. Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) raised the issue Sunday on Face The Nation. “My takeaway is that there is a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office the Justice Department may indict him,” he said. “He may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time. We have been discussing the issue of pardons the president may offer to people or dangle in front of people. The real pardon question may come down the road as the next president may have to determine whether to pardon Donald Trump.”

As the New York Times pointed out last week, the statute of limitations for Trump’s alleged crime (or crimes) is likely to run out in 2022, which means he’ll probably be in the clear if he leaves office in 2025 rather than 2021. When voters go to the polls in two years, then, they may not only be voting to remove Trump from the White House, but to put him into prison.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Personally think BtB ship has sailed sadly but I would really like to see the MSG/BOD take a fresh look at everything if MC is hunted.

Could they not invite interested parties to forward new/revised proposals if/when the MC bid fails?

Agree with an earlier poster that no one really knows this guys true wealth, but from owning a minicab company roughly 5 years ago to being able to invest "£20m of his own money" into Sunderland sounds like pure fantasy.

They surely have to. The status quo is not an option and lets face it theres no credit for them in chasing Campbell. They are the ones who said the BtB got delayed as it was only fair to take time to consider other bids. They then, over a number of weeks fucked off BtB, the patrons consortium and Gowsers bid to give this guy preferred status.

If they are only finding out during DD that the guy is at it, it doesnt speak highly of whatever the f**k thamey have been doing in the months since they commenced treating KJ and DW like shite. In fact, it represents the worst of their many failings.

If they think theres any kudos in chasing away a bid you clearly solicited then pushed to the brink at the expense of any and all others then they have gone fully wrong, but you wouldnt put it past them to think the fans will see them as heroes over it.

Only falkirk outsode the old firm could have a takeover dragged through the media with one embarrassing article after another doing the rounds. Any other club would have this all sorted out in house and yet we have everyone and their dug doing due dilligence via google and leaks here there and everywhere.  I frankly cant see anyone else being interested in buying the club anyway after these shenanigans so its more than likely going to be the status quo that prevails unless btb gets revisited. On the field hopefully saturday shows we're gettjng there but off the field we're still a complete shambles

Edited by Shodwall cat

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Only falkirk outsode the old firm could have a takeover dragged through the media with one embarrassing article after another doing the rounds. Any other club would have this all sorted out in house and yet we have everyone and their dug doing due dilligence via google and leaks here there and everywhere.  I frankly cant see anyone else being interested in buying the club anyway after these shenanigans so its more than likely going to be the status quo that prevails unless btb gets revisited. On the field hopefully saturday shows we're gettjng there but off the field we're still a complete shambles

it's another black stain on the MSG, absolutely crazy they paraded MC out to the fans before any DD. Was only done to take heat off them IMO

I dont think anyone's in denial about MC, i am realistic to know they would never entertain the BtB bid as lets face it there is no love lost between the board and the fans and reckon the only reason they heard it out was due to the fact they had to be seen to be showing a level playing field,

I would be happy with the Academy back and not a complete shambles or basket case of a club off the field.

If anything i am more inclined to think the reason all this is happening to take any heat off them and make them out to be the saviour of the club, it wouldnt be so bad but it was their own doing thats put them in that position in the first place.