The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant be part of a club run by a man who typed this

“Your bum is in good shape and it is something I’d like to get my hands on. Now with your boobs, I’d like to give an honest opinion after I’ve handled them.”

Unimaginable cringe levels

Is this even true?  

“Your bum is in good shape and it is something I’d like to get my hands on. Now with your boobs, I’d like to give an honest opinion after I’ve handled them.”

Maniqui patter circa 1984.

55 minutes ago, champions said:

Is this even true?  

They're always suing and counter suing in the States, I wouldn't take this too seriously till it goes to court. He accused her of falsifying an invoice and she comes up with a load of counter accusations, including paying commision 8 days late which sounds like she's a bit desperate to come up with something. Might all be true of course and he's a sleazy old pervert.

51 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're always suing and counter suing in the States, I wouldn't take this too seriously till it goes to court. He accused her of falsifying an invoice and she comes up with a load of counter accusations, including paying commision 8 days late which sounds like she's a bit desperate to come up with something. Might all be true of course and he's a sleazy old pervert.

Have we heard anything decent about this guy apart from what he wants us to hear he's going to do?

It's not even unbalanced, its a landslide against him.

34 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

Have we heard anything decent about this guy apart from what he wants us to hear he's going to do?

It's not even unbalanced, its a landslide against him.

When did “he ran his business competently and seems like a nice guy” ever make the press?

Allegedly...No?

We know nothing about this guy so I don't know why anyone even comments good or bad.
What I do know is the amount of guff spouted on here by people who claim/think they know or by never to be known untrue claims by the SUN newspaper (so it must be true)

If MC has any sense he will GTF as quickly as he can and leave us alone, then what happens?

Everyone these days appears to be a lawyer clued up on how the American judicial system operates when in real terms I think in most cases what is not known is "guessed at" at best. Everyone is so happy to dish the dirt, talk about a kangaroo court (Defintion below)

Let's wait to see what happens as we know F£&@ all!!!

kangaroo court
noun
noun: kangaroo court; plural noun: kangaroo courts
an unofficial court held by a group of people in order to try someone regarded, especially without good evidence, as guilty of a crime or misdemeanour.

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I can still see the BoD having Campbell failing the due diligence and carrying on as though none of this has happened.

This has been suggested repeatedly in conversation that they will come out as some sort of saviour to the bad guy, albeit they are why we are in our position.

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And being allowed to because the team is strolling it.

Allowed to ?

If you own something, who does it belong to ?

6 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Strangely I think he will pass due diligence which is basically have you been nicked for doing any dodgy and have you got 400 grand (borrowed or not ) to give us!

Hitler would pass DD

I won't hold my breath for DD stopping owt

Allegedly...No?

We know nothing about this guy so I don't know why anyone even comments good or bad.
What I do know is the amount of guff spouted on here by people who claim/think they know or by never to be known untrue claims by the SUN newspaper (so it must be true)

If MC has any sense he will GTF as quickly as he can and leave us alone, then what happens?

Everyone these days appears to be a lawyer clued up on how the American judicial system operates when in real terms I think in most cases what is not known is "guessed at" at best. Everyone is so happy to dish the dirt, talk about a kangaroo court (Defintion below)

kangaroo court
noun
an unofficial court held by a group of people in order to try someone regarded, especially without good evidence, as guilty of a crime or misdemeanour.
Surely I can laugh at his (alleged) awful patter FFS?

I don’t think that we can claim to know he runs a flourishing property business in NY. I don’t think anyone has provided sufficient evidence to support the case one way or the other. Flourishing implies it’s a business doing very well. Again, i haven’t seen anything in the public domain that supports that belief.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Strange comment.

Are you now saying it's right that the board can do as they please and that a supporter voice is irrelevant?

Again if you own something it's yours to do with what you want, dunno if it's different in England 

More to the point 

Simon Donnelly or Kenny Miller ?

There are a lot of posts about Campbell and his suitability and financial backing to buy Falkirk Football Club.

Due diligence is quoted often, But what it is has to be understood it is a very important part of changing ownership. It is a legal requirement with litigation should it not be done properly.

Lawyers and accountants from both sides will diligently investigate not only the assets and liabilities of both parties. But the financial strength of the parties that they have where with all to fulfill the business plan going forward.

What I would like to see from Campbell is an objective and a timeline. Setting out key performance indictors with 3 - 5 - 10 year objectives.

Can you imagine the reaction  for example.

4th Stand incorporating hotel with facilities to cater for local and international requirements, which will be a year round income generator.

Completed stadium marketed as the first choice central Scotland venue.

The club reverting to it's original ethos as Falkirk Football and Athletic Club catering for all sports. If you are good at sports you will be welcome.

Those that remember the Falkirk Sports pre season will remember that ethos.

Stating what he intends to take out the club as his share of the profits and his exit strategy.

I will keep an open mind but we do require a lot more detail.

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

Allegedly...No?

kangaroo court
noun

Personally I think we need this guy as far away from our club as possible!

Let's work with what's there and bring more fan control in to the mix.