1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:
“Final piece of the jigsaw”, Dixon at LB for 36 games, quality

Did you read what McKinnon said?

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Hasn’t read what McKinnon said^

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
29 minutes ago, nofixedability said:
Lewis Moore is a left winger. We had him last season and he was OK, nothing special though. 

Did he ever slot in at LB for you? Its obviously part of the basis on which he was signed for us.

No, he was always used as an attacking option. Was far too lightweight for defence imo. Had a good cross on him though.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Injuries because  burn out and high tempo press, dead on their feet versus an average at best Derby team, weren't Leeds top of the league a large part of the season.

One win in the last 6 games doesn't sound like burn out tho !! 

No you are wrong , the injuries were not stress related but in fact pretty much all resulted during matches as a result of tackles or unfortunate twists.

All the so called Bielsa experts were predicting burnout around January/February yet as I say they were second at the end of April and took it to the second last game of the play offs - hardly burnout for God's sake. You might not remember how crazy the Championship goes in the last few weeks being a Tranmere fan but it is totally cut throat with teams fighting for their lives at the bottom. 

And I do not know Derby on what basis you are judging Derby last season as average at best, they were pretty good although Leeds did beat them 3 times.  

Dixon will do fine in the right formation. Just make him a traditional left back . Solid defensively and supporting a left winger in front of him.  Both our fullbacks are solid defensively and ideal to allow two wide players to attack in front of them.  Instead ray thinks we've got andy robertson and phillip lahm in our squad.

17 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Why is it EVERY TIME a  club plays Rangers/Celtic they manage to link someone from the club who is a huge fan of said club?

Every week I seen the Saturday papers as Rangers went through league 2 + 1 they had a big bit from a player telling us all how is family/mates are all sitting in the home end at Ibrox and he usually would be too. It's a dream to play at Ibrox even if it's for the opposition. 

Great night. I recall the Copland Road clock being stuck on 90 mins for about 5 - 6 mins. 'Gers' get-out-of-jail time no doubt. Receiving a fusillade of pies from the Broomloan upper stand at full time. And an apoplectic *** bawling out "But..but..ye've no' got any internationals in yer team!" Priceless.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

If we are finished, as Ray suggests, then here is full squad;

Cammy Bell
Robbie Mutch

Michael Doyle
Mark Durnan
Gregor Buchanan
Paul Dixon
Lewis Toshney
Lewis Moore

Michael Tidser
Charlie Telfer
Morgaro Gomis
Aidan Connolly
Robbie Leitch
Ian McShane
Ross MacLean
Aidan Laverty

Connor Sammon
Denny Johnstone
Declan McManus
Louis Longridge

Hooray for the coffee van takings and estate agent commissions!

A new era beckons.

That's a League 1 winning squad in my book.  

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dixon will do fine in the right formation. Just make him a traditional left back . Solid defensively and supporting a left winger in front of him.  Both our fullbacks are solid defensively and ideal to allow two wide players to attack in front of them.  Instead ray thinks we've got andy robertson and phillip lahm in our squad.

Agree if you are playing as a fullback. Then you are a defender first anything else you have in your game is a bonus. 

With Moore signed what the point of Laverty. He must have though being a left footed wide player he had a chance as the season went on. But with Moore signed the poor guy must be gutted. Suspect he will go out on loan then away at the end of the season.

Pretty sure McKinnon already confirmed Laverty would be loaned as soon as he’s fit, also don’t believe he’s left sided or left footed either tbh? Could be wrong on that one but McKinnon did say he definitely needs to go on loan when fit.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly. We've spent years and years shoehorning players into unfamiliar positions with no success whatsoever, the right-back farce being the perfect example. Dixon and Doyle will never be wingbacks in a million years, they're fine as traditional full-backs. Moore and Connolly are out-and-out wingers. So here's a really radical idea: play them there. The personnel for 3-5-2 simply is not there. Ridiculous that five minutes after signing, folk are trying to conjure up Moore as some sort of Robson replacement. He isn't. 

11 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

No you are wrong , the injuries were not stress related but in fact pretty much all resulted during matches as a result of tackles or unfortunate twists.

All the so called Bielsa experts were predicting burnout around January/February yet as I say they were second at the end of April and took it to the second last game of the play offs - hardly burnout for God's sake. You might not remember how crazy the Championship goes in the last few weeks being a Tranmere fan but it is totally cut throat with teams fighting for their lives at the bottom. 

And I do not know Derby on what basis you are judging Derby last season as average at best, they were pretty good although Leeds did beat them 3 times.  

5 defeats till December, 11 defeats Jan till May suggests the experts had a point.

The bottom of the championship was also done and dusted early on this year.

Derby had David Nugent and Waghorn leading the line, that's as average as it gets, they couldn't even beat a poor Forest team.

Former players words below

When asked about that season, Ander Herrera was forthright with his opinion about the underlying cause: “I can’t lie to you, in the last months we couldn’t even move. We had five games to play in the league and were in two cup finals and I think we lost all of them. [They lost three in the league, drew one and won one].”

“Our legs said ‘stop’,” he continued. “We used to play always with the same players and were not at our best in the finals. We were a completely different team than we had been before because, to be honest, we were physically f*cked

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With Moore signed what the point of Laverty. He must have though being a left footed wide player he had a chance as the season went on. But with Moore signed the poor guy must be gutted. Suspect he will go out on loan then away at the end of the season.

As far as i know we only signed him as he was injured and it would look bad if we punted him . Obviously st mirren dont have the same morals as we have.

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

5 defeats till December, 11 defeats Jan till May suggests the experts had a point.

Derby had David Nugent and Waghorn leading the line, that's as average as it gets, they couldn't even beat a poor Forest team.

When asked about that season, Ander Herrera was forthright with his opinion about the underlying cause: “I can’t lie to you, in the last months we couldn’t even move. We had five games to play in the league and were in two cup finals and I think we lost all of them. [They lost three in the league, drew one and won one].”

“Our legs said ‘stop’,” he continued. “We used to play always with the same players and were not at our best in the finals. We were a completely different team than we had been before because, to be honest, we were physically f*cked

Mason Mount , Harry Wilson ...….hardly average  and I am sure Waghorn scored a bucket load of goals despite his injuries.

Not taking one player from a completely different team as  word of affirmation of burnout. Leeds will win the Championship this season with 18 first team players (perhaps 19 if the Arsenal kid signs today) .  

Leeds didn’t fail to get promoted because of burn out. If anything they failed to convert their chances and their keeper was always due a clanger. That’s personnel rather than style of play. In fact the style of play remained throughout the season.

Anyway Leeds thread for this pish.