The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

No one cried when anyone left with that group, perhaps Sibbald, but we wanted change. However a month into the season I'm sure we realised the grass wasn't greener with Hartley's jokers. 

There were folk on here questioning whether they would take Andy Nelson back. 

It shows how bad the club are at the moment we are at all time low in all aspects i would say, we have change after change the past 2 seasons which has been changed on a 6 monthly basis no players with any affection for the club well with the exception of Buchanan now.  The biggest issue we have at the moment is the divide between club and fans and thats going to take time to heal or change in ownership most probably the latter as dont see the current lot being forgiven regarding their statements and piss poor attempt at PR. 

It just doesnt seem to feel like the Falkirk team we are used too from over the years and we need to get that back.

Edited by AL-FFC

I was playing in business fives earlier on today. The guest speaker afterwards was on John Yogi Hughes. As you can imagine, he spoke at length. Most of it was chat we've all heard many times before. Here were some of the things that were new to me:-

- the 'sour taste in the mouth' he's mentioned before about leaving Falkirk was that once he had arranged his deal with Hibs, the board told him he wasn't getting his bonuses for keeping us in the league, reaching the cup final and qualifying for Europe

- he said there was no one person to blame for our current predicaments, but that the board 'wereny [sic] very good back then' ie when he was in charge, so can only imagine  what they're like now. He added that he 'had to fight the board every week to keep the youth academy open'.

- I asked him what he knew about the MC bid. 'Conman' was his repeated answer, but said that he'd only really heard probably the same things I had - someone had sent him the Bexley etc. stuff. He didn't sound any more ITK about MC than your average reader of this thread.

- his last remark on the MC takeover was 'and who's he in wi? John Park?' He went silent for a minute and pulled a face. 'All the best to you'

- he was surprised I knew none of the details of the Alan Gow bid. Said it too included completing the 4th stand and a hotel and that we should be asking questions as to why the owners didn't go public with the details. He pulled me aside at the end as I was up collecting my runners up (kinda bragging) medal and said, very certainly, that he was 'in the know' about Gowzer's bid. It was the highest price offered and should have been the one to get the go ahead.

21 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

I was playing in business fives earlier on today. The guest speaker afterwards was on John Yogi Hughes. As you can imagine, he spoke at length. Most of it was chat we've all heard many times before. Here were some of the things that were new to me:-

- the 'sour taste in the mouth' he's mentioned before about leaving Falkirk was that once he had arranged his deal with Hibs, the board told him he wasn't getting his bonuses for keeping us in the league, reaching the cup final and qualifying for Europe

- he said there was no one person to blame for our current predicaments, but that the board 'wereny [sic] very good back then' ie when he was in charge, so can only imagine  what they're like now. He added that he 'had to fight the board every week to keep the youth academy open'.

- I asked him what he knew about the MC bid. 'Conman' was his repeated answer, but said that he'd only really heard probably the same things I had - someone had sent him the Bexley etc. stuff. He didn't sound any more ITK about MC than your average reader of this thread.

- his last remark on the MC takeover was 'and who's he in wi? John Park?' He went silent for a minute and pulled a face. 'All the best to you'

- he was surprised I knew none of the details of the Alan Gow bid. Said it too included completing the 4th stand and a hotel and that we should be asking questions as to why the owners didn't go public with the details. He pulled me aside at the end as I was up collecting my runners up (kinda bragging) medal and said, very certainly, that he was 'in the know' about Gowzer's bid. It was the highest price offered and should have been the one to get the go ahead.

Let's hope they havent pissed Gowzer off then and have him on speed dial

It was apparently common knowledge that if Gowzers bid won the day then McKinnon was gone with Yogi being one of the names being mentioned to take over.
I know absolutely nothing about the Gow bid tbh. Maybe I skipped those posts on here?

That would certainly tally with what he said. Last time I heard him on the radio he was talking about trying to get a gig in America. Said today he nearly went to Egypt. Now he's looking for a gig closer to home.

28 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It was apparently common knowledge that if Gowzers bid won the day then McKinnon was gone with Yogi being one of the names being mentioned to take over.

Glad that didnae get any further then. Yogi talking up his mates bid funnily enough.

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

Given the time between Yogi leaving and the Academy closing, the board must have been terrified of him.

Yogi talking pish again. It was clear that the board were fully committed to the academy, up until maybe the start of the Houston years. Bit chicken and egg perhaps but the that seems to be when the ‘conveyor’ stopped producing. The MSG loved the money from Wallace, Kingsley, Fulston, McGrandles, Biabi et al as it papered over their incompetence each season.