The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Tbf we only offered what he was worth....the pars topped it for not so value for money.

I didn't cry when he left and didn't fear him coming back to bite us.

His Brother would've been a top signing back then

Yeah, whilst I agree I'm not sure he's the type of person I want at the club given how easily he jumped ship to our biggest rival. Saying that, I can't deny he gave me some of happy memories over the last couple of years.. Especially the 6-1 v Dundee Utd 

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Must admit I don't get the negativity about him. I always rated the guy and if we had kept him I'm sure he would have been our most creative player last season. Let's face it, his only competition would have been Petravicius and he wasn't up to much.

Longridge was only with us for six months yet in that time he was voted players player of the year, finished up as joint top goalscorer and was top of the assists table. What more did we expect from him?

Not disputing his credentials in the Navy blue whilst he was here, however; I am still disappointed with the circumstances in which he left us and who he left us for. . 

31 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

They made him a better offer, why would that be an issue now?

I'm happy to have a player of his quality and goal scoring ability back. I was just highlighting the fact he ditched us for them and a little more money... Which disappointed me and  now he's come running back. 

1 minute ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Not disputing his credentials in the Navy blue whilst he was here, however; I am still disappointed with the circumstances in which he left us and who he left us for. . 

If its the choice of having a job and not having a job i think the circumstances are justified, not to mention everyman has their own price of what they think they are worth and if someone offered you more money even if it was a rival company then i dont think you would be too bothered.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, GMBairn said:
Longridge should be a good signing, we were crying out for width at the weekend and that's something he should be able to offer.

I have to say, I always liked him better up top, although we didnt have room for wingers when he was here. He was murder in the deeper role he got shoehorned into. Get him wide or up top.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

That's the thing, I don't think he offers much as a winger, doesn't have the pace. I would have preferred a LWB.

I have to say I liked him on the wing, he isn't the fastest but he can beat a man, him and someone else playing wide and high on the other side of the park should give us a team that can actually go past players and provide good delivery leaving the full backs to sit a little deeper. I would have us basically playing a 2-4-4 when we were in possession.

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If its the choice of having a job and not having a job i think the circumstances are justified, not to mention everyman has their own price of what they think they are worth and if someone offered you more money even if it was a rival company then i dont think you would be too bothered.

I totally agree. It just hurts a little more when it's a rival and probably pennies more. 

Not sure people remember him ditching our offer for the fifers 

Our offer to him was really poor, especially when compared to what we were giving young players coming up from England. Considering how influential he had been since signing it’s no surprise he was able to get a far better deal elsewhere...although he didn’t have to choose that lot.

20 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

At the end of the day he's probably no different from the majority of players; he'll play for the club that offers him the most cash, or the longest deal, or perhaps even the one where he feels most wanted. In LLs case there was may have been a lure in playing with his brother too. 

I think it's safe to assume that Paul Hartley wasn't very good at making people feel wanted, so I wouldn't hold Longridge's previous departure against him. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Must admit I don't get the negativity about him. I always rated the guy and if we had kept him I'm sure he would have been our most creative player last season. Let's face it, his only competition would have been Petravicius and he wasn't up to much.

Longridge was only with us for six months yet in that time he was voted players player of the year, finished up as joint top goalscorer and was top of the assists table. What more did we expect from him?

Took 8 frustrating games to get going then had probably 8 decent games then back to 8 frustrating games, he is 28 now and settling for a 6 month deal tells you where his career is.

If we are signing Johnstone on, I hope it's also for 6 month, don't think as of yet he has proven he is worth that and I would say I'd trust Rays judgement....but I dont

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought he looked best when behind the striker (s) than out wide. Nice touch but too slow at times to make the final ball. Should be absolutely fine in the seasides though

That's where I'd play him, he isn't a top end striker and he isn't a wide player for me. He is decent with the ball at his feet tho his decision making is 50/50 at best

That's where I'd play him, he isn't a top end striker and he isn't a wide player for me. He is decent with the ball at his feet tho his decision making is 50/50 at best
You really are a negative person. I can't recall you saying a positive thing about anyone

37 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If we are signing Johnstone on, I hope it's also for 6 month, don't think as of yet he has proven he is worth that and I would say I'd trust Rays judgement....but I dont

Signed a one year deal on the clubs twitter page

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
40 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You really are a negative person. I can't recall you saying a positive thing about anyone

I generally was half glass full type person, still am outwith FFC, last 2yrs have killed me, praise needs to be earned now and not before then.

No one cried when Longridge went, the only plus he got was he was gonna be a squad player sub at best(I couldn't get my head round that statement that many carried, no 26yr old signs to be a sub)

We could sign Messi and I'm sure Ray would break him, back to praise needs to be earned