The Falkirk FC Thread

Played with us last season, did ok.  Thought our team played better without him, reason he was in and out all the time.
3 goals and 5 assists 18 starts 11 subs app.
Sounds as if he'll be a decent squad option then, really all we need for the time being. Can he play left-back by any chance...

1 minute ago, Nedelko said:
31 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:
Played with us last season, did ok.  Thought our team played better without him, reason he was in and out all the time.

Sounds as if he'll be a decent squad option then, really all we need for the time being. Can he play left-back by any chance...

And does he know how to mark the near post? 

3 minutes ago, Nedelko said:
34 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

not a chance

2 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

And does he know how to mark the near post? 

he doesn't do the heading thing, messes with his hair.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

Longridge should be a good signing, we were crying out for width at the weekend and that's something he should be able to offer.

That's the thing, I don't think he offers much as a winger, doesn't have the pace. I would have preferred a LWB.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I asked the question when I was down earlier. The DD is underway; I don't think we'll hear anything more until everything is complete. Once that happens I'm sure there will be press conferences, photocalls, statements of intent etc. Assuming all goes well of course.

No idea of the likely timescale. I guess the two signings make it slightly less critical that the new owner gets the keys before the transfer window closes.

I presume you were taking photies so why is there nothing on the site?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I asked the question when I was down earlier. The DD is underway; I don't think we'll hear anything more until everything is complete. Once that happens I'm sure there will be press conferences, photocalls, statements of intent etc. Assuming all goes well of course.

No idea of the likely timescale. I guess the two signings make it slightly less critical that the new owner gets the keys before the transfer window closes.

Did you ask about DKD when you were in? 

7 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Not sure people remember him ditching our offer for the fifers 

Tbf we only offered what he was worth....the pars topped it for not so value for money.

I didn't cry when he left and didn't fear him coming back to bite us.

His Brother would've been a top signing back then

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I didn't cry when he left and didn't fear him coming back to bite us.

Must admit I don't get the negativity about him. I always rated the guy and if we had kept him I'm sure he would have been our most creative player last season. Let's face it, his only competition would have been Petravicius and he wasn't up to much.

Longridge was only with us for six months yet in that time he was voted players player of the year, finished up as joint top goalscorer and was top of the assists table. What more did we expect from him?

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Must admit I don't get the negativity about him. I always rated the guy and if we had kept him I'm sure he would have been our most creative player last season. Let's face it, his only competition would have been Petravicius and he wasn't up to much.

Longridge was only with us for six months yet in that time he was voted players player of the year, finished up as joint top goalscorer and was top of the assists table. What more did we expect from him?

Agreed. Very pleased to see him back, for all the reasons you've highlighted BB, plus his link-up play. I think he would have made a significant contribution last season, working with Zak as he had done with Andy Nelson previously.  His goals compilation on Twitter is quality. 

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn