The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If it's the same player I've heard, the initials are PM

Started to be quite hopeful that it was going to be Paul McKay, one of a number of trialists who was on show v Brechin. But I believe he’s signed with Airdrie.....

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

And then been sent off.

Would anyone have noticed if Tidser was sent off on Saturday ?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree the board have had a negative impact but it’s Ray’s job to get the players mindset correct.

We have the biggest budget in the league as it stands with only 18 players, don't see where we can point finger at the board here for once. I'm pretty sure for seasons a budget has been set and the manager spends it. Ray obviously has spent it on higher wage players, some who will be on more than players in the championship

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Would anyone have noticed if Tidser was sent off on Saturday ?

We have the biggest budget in the league as it stands with only 18 players, don't see where we can point finger at the board here for once. I'm pretty sure for seasons a budget has been set and the manager spends it. Ray obviously has spent it on higher wage players, some who will be on more than players in the championship

I don’t disagree with you.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Didn't think you did, we will have a good few on top dollar which is why we have 18 players, that's Ray managing his budget

Yeah the only question would be whether he got the full budget as agreed.  If indeed that is the case then its his choice that we have such a small squad and we should be expecting some excellent performances and results when they are fit to play like just now.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah the only question would be whether he got the full budget as agreed.  If indeed that is the case then its his choice that we have such a small squad and we should be expecting some excellent performances and results when they are fit to play like just now.

Aye but in his defence remember the statement saying any shortfall would be met by the MSG

Early season is when we will have the biggest advantage over part time teams in terms of fitness.(especially in the last 20 mins )Unfortunately Peterhead looked fitter than us in the last 20 on sat ! The players react on the mood and expectation of the crowd. I remember both Jeffries and McCalls teams when we all turned up expecting a win and it usually happened. Despite having good players as yet for whatever reason I don’t have that confidence we will steamroller anyone , maybe it’s a hangover from last season! but if we are going to win this league then we need to start playing with the arrogance of champions elect and pretty soon . I don’t see Dumbarton will not be shaking in their boots on Saturday so let’s put our problems aside for a day and try to generate an atmosphere of expectation and hopefully that can be the beginning of something special!.that can only happen if we attack with pace and energy from the first minute.

52 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Aye but in his defence remember the statement saying any shortfall would be met by the MSG

Only mckinnon and the bod know what was agreed. If he was promised more money and didnt get it then thats one thing. If he was given a budget and spent all of it thats another. Who knows.

Early season is when we will have the biggest advantage over part time teams in terms of fitness.(especially in the last 20 mins )Unfortunately Peterhead looked fitter than us in the last 20 on sat ! The players react on the mood and expectation of the crowd. I remember both Jeffries and McCalls teams when we all turned up expecting a win and it usually happened. Despite having good players as yet for whatever reason I don’t have that confidence we will steamroller anyone , maybe it’s a hangover from last season! but if we are going to win this league then we need to start playing with the arrogance of champions elect and pretty soon . I don’t see Dumbarton will not be shaking in their boots on Saturday so let’s put our problems aside for a day and try to generate an atmosphere of expectation and hopefully that can be the beginning of something special!.that can only happen if we attack with pace and energy from the first minute.
Really?
I'd have thought later in the year, after ploughing through horizontal weather and iffy pitches for a few months, would be when part timers might get more leggy than full timers.

Really?
I'd have thought later in the year, after ploughing through horizontal weather and iffy pitches for a few months, would be when part timers might get more leggy than full timers.
Definitely this. Players are fresh for the start of the season, whereas, injuries and fatigue start to set in the second half

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

Didn't think you did, we will have a good few on top dollar which is why we have 18 players, that's Ray managing his budget

Interestingly Bielsa at Leeds is happy to go with 18 players for the gruelling EFL Championship season ahead.

But then he does have a great academy and a shit hot U23 team to dip in to.

Craig Campbell - you ruinous c*ntpuddle.