The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Mentioned it in the match thread but got to say again binning Robson in favour of Dixon was a desperately bad decision by the manager.

Lost count of the times Dixon was asked to put crosses in (not 30 right enough!) and every one was a chronic effort.

Could well be that the manager had other issues with Robson but from a playing point of view an attacking full back able to deliver dangerous crosses is exactly what we need in this division.

Dixon will never be that type of player.

Obviously went with the fact that its a tight squad and dixon can play 2 positions. Bit rificulous though to then set up the team in a way that needs a left back exactly like robson though.

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

What i had been told/heard (rumoured) his fitness was in question i.e. bit of a swally merchant

Wouldn't be the first but to be honest a player could be sitting in a puddle of his own pish every night of the week as long as he produces the goods on a Saturday and is not a disruptive arsehole in the dressing room.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Wouldn't be the first but to be honest a player could be sitting in a puddle of his own pish every night of the week as long as he produces the goods on a Saturday and is not a disruptive arsehole in the dressing room.

Also, we loved him and he loved us. 

Now those fucking hipster wanks in Maryhill have him and they just wont get him. Hes a young lad from an industrial area, not some houmous eating tosser. If they see him wasted on Ashton Lane they will all be turning their noses up at him or throwing their soy based snacks at him. It saddens me. 

Raith havent got two pennies to rub together though. Their budget over the last 3 sessons is nowhere near that of mckinnon.

Falkirk’s budget is probably higher than ours the first season we were down here where we missed out on promotion to Ayr by a bawhair and finished with a points tally that would win the league comfortably most other seasons. With the calibre of player and as the only fully full time team Falkirk should be making mincemeat out of this league.

I'm not a fan of 4-2-3-1 but actually longed for it on Saturday, a 4-1-4-1 surely is doable also, altho I feel we could play 3-2-5 and McKinnon would drain it to his way.

I longed for a 3-5-2 this season but can see why with a small squad why it's not the best option.

A January window at Raith rescued his season there, going to 4-4-2 did similar at Utd, hopefully we see a player or formation that at least comes close to previous for this season but I don't see him being the man to lead us far, I said that when he was appointed

Wow. That took a full two hours. Two fucking hours man. That is seriously slow by the standards of this summer.
I really hope Mr Campell has a good brush for all the sweeping out that he needs to do. 

Mr.Campbell is better than that. He tells every c**t what they want to hear before it happens.