The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

At the moment we are short of numbers, short of pace and have no width, that said there is time to rectify it.

Mark Campbell’s people / Lawyers doing HIS DD are apparently Top Notch, no Micky Mouse outfit, so if he’s paying for top lawyers he might have some kudos. Time will tell.

Connolly, Telfer and Leitch are all capable of providing the necessary width, just the formation played yesterday meant that Telfer was playing more centrally and the other two were on the bench. Don't confuse a stupid formation with not having width in the squad though. If we can bring in three more players I'd be looking at:

- A left back who can cover for Dixon, possibly even challenge him for the jersey

- Another utility defender to cover for injuries

- A big b*****d holding midfielder to give Tidser/Gomis more licence to get forward

Connolly, Telfer and Leitch are all capable of providing the necessary width, just the formation played yesterday meant that Telfer was playing more centrally and the other two were on the bench. Don't confuse a stupid formation with not having width in the squad though. If we can bring in three more players I'd be looking at:

- A left back who can cover for Dixon, possibly even challenge him for the jersey
- Another utility defender to cover for injuries
- A big b*****d holding midfielder to give Tidser/Gomis more licence to get forward

Jamie McQuilken, Scott McKenzie and Davie Nichols?

The sheer arrogance from some Falkirk supporters is bizarre! Turning on yer team and manager after one game is comical! Clearly Falkirk are favourites for the league and rightly so but this definitely won't be as easy as some of you are suggesting! Get behind yer team ffs it's a long season....

The sheer arrogance from some Falkirk supporters is bizarre! Turning on yer team and manager after one game is comical! Clearly Falkirk are favourites for the league and rightly so but this definitely won't be as easy as some of you are suggesting! Get behind yer team ffs it's a long season....
You're in for a long season of disappointment if you think they'll let up.

43 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Wrong. We are turning on him after almost one year of negative, ultra cautious tactics.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, EFFC1938 said:

Pish!

Most of us had our doubts after last season but were willing to give him another shot at proving us wrong, 90 minutes on Saturday was the same old boring shite we were subjected to last season. 

Edited by Ecosse83

11 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

I thought we'd done the 'how many points should we win the league by to death last week. Mibbes not.

Generally, second placed teams over the past half dozen or so seasons have finished with between 61-67 points. Raith 2 seasons ago achieved 75 points, which is a real outlier.

The average (as calculated by someone else on another thread) points accrued by the league winner is 76 points. Shankland powered Ayr achieved this 2 seasons ago, 1 point ahead of Raith.

Most seasons 76 points is good enough for a 10+ point lead.

Putting 76 points into context, the season I rank as the most entertaining I've seen was 2002-03. Other 30 somethings like myself, too young to have properly experienced Jeffries, will probably agree. That season, jobby's team with Samuel, Coyle, Yogi and the gang finished with 81 points, 9 ahead of Clyde. In that context, 76 is probably a decent points total.

Having made it this far through this post, you'll be wondering what that looks like. On average, it's 19 points per quarter. You could have 5 wins and 4 draws OR 6 wins, one draw and 2 losses.

Over a season it could mean 22 wins 10 draws and 4 losses.

That, usually, will mean you win the league by a double figures amount, but you cannot control how another team may do in any given season.

You need help.

14 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

He turned up after Queens scrapped by Montrose in the playoffs, a good week or so after we had been relegated and the dust had settled. He seems to be in here every day with his utter boring analysis of everything and getting annoyed at people cursing on a football forum and correcting everyone’s grammar.

I believe he’s trying to troll, to wind us up, to get us angry. All he does is make me pity him. Sad really.

Did you mean scraped rather than scrapped?

It was after we beat Raith Rovers and it came two weeks after your relegation.

Willing to give him another shot but turn on him after gaining a point away from home in the first league game of the season! I don't think this season will be as easy as some of you think.

Pish!
Most of us had our doubts after last season but were willing to give him another shot at proving us wrong, 90 minutes on Saturday was the same old boring shite we were subjected to last season. 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Willing to give him another shot but turn on him after gaining a point away from home in the first league game of the season! I don't think this season will be as easy as some of you think.

I think your missing the point. Only getting a point wasn't the issue. The issue was the negative style of tactics again, it's boring as hell to watch and he won't change now. 

I'd rather we got beat trying to win games rather than playing not to lose. We could have won 1-0 on Saturday and if still moan about the style. 

2 hours ago, EFFC1938 said:

Sevco, dunfermline, queens and livi seemed to find it easy enough when they won this league. If we dont scoosh this league it will be down to the manager and his awful tactics and nothing else.

Edited by Shodwall cat

42 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Were you at the game on Saturday? If you were you would have seen that it was same clueless pish carried over from last season.  We should have been all guns blazing with the aim of making a real statement of intent to our fans and opposition, but we barely laid a glove on peterhead.

47 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

It should be very easy with our budget. But we're applying the handbrake by having this clueless arsehole straight from the Largs Mafia school of football holding us back.

Fair enough! Just seems a bit harsh all the negativity after one game. Of course with the budget Falkirk should win the league quite comfortably but it won't be a walk in the park like some people think, Raith thought the same and their know attempting roaring back 3

2 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Fair enough! Just seems a bit harsh all the negativity after one game. Of course with the budget Falkirk should win the league quite comfortably but it won't be a walk in the park like some people think

Feck sake! Have you read any of the posts replying to your post? This has been going on for almost a year, not just one game. 

16 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Fair enough! Just seems a bit harsh all the negativity after one game. Of course with the budget Falkirk should win the league quite comfortably but it won't be a walk in the park like some people think, Raith thought the same and their know attempting roaring back 3

Raith havent got two pennies to rub together though. Their budget over the last 3 sessons is nowhere near that of mckinnon.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Wrong. We are turning on him after almost one year of negative, ultra cautious tactics.

The handbrake is slightly released, Id say he has no real idea of a pattern of attacking play, which I said after Stranraer. He came out Saturday and suggested Dixon had 30 crosses(a new one on manager sees different game, this one tops the list for me as it really didn't happen) to come out and point to a full back shows how much attacking bones he has in his body, most managers have an outline how to attack, Ray is clueless in that department, in fact I dunno what his expertise is with management.

2 hours ago, EFFC1938 said:

Thanks to Ray, until he gets a bit luck with a player or a formation, it's how his career has panned out so far

Mentioned it in the match thread but got to say again binning Robson in favour of Dixon was a desperately bad decision by the manager.

Lost count of the times Dixon was asked to put crosses in (not 30 right enough!) and every one was a chronic effort.

Could well be that the manager had other issues with Robson but from a playing point of view an attacking full back able to deliver dangerous crosses is exactly what we need in this division.

Dixon will never be that type of player.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Mentioned it in the match thread but got to say again binning Robson in favour of Dixon was a desperately bad decision by the manager.

Lost count of the times Dixon was asked to put crosses in (not 30 right enough!) and every one was a chronic effort.

Could well be that the manager had other issues with Robson but from a playing point of view an attacking full back able to deliver dangerous crosses is exactly what we need in this division.

Dixon will never be that type of player.

What i had been told/heard (rumoured) his fitness was in question i.e. bit of a swally merchant

Edited by AL-FFC