The Falkirk FC Thread

Dixon’s crosses brought f**k all yesterday, I said it yesterday, when has a striker ever been able to create something from one of those slow and floaty crosses?

We need another winger imho, play 4-3-3 with Connolly and dare I say DKD on the wing and we’ll create lots x

Its a pure shirk of responsibility from Dixon. Chip the ball in basically straight in.... Sammon or McManus is going to have to run full pelt onto a ball in the air with a defender right on top of them. If the bring it under control they will be down by the byline, back to goal, defender right at their heels and Dixon will be 35 yards back since thats where he lazily shelled the ball at them from. Shite.

Eta, also on the DKD point... I must ask for your forgiveness, since all info I previously framed as ITK on the subject was in fact more, MUS or "Making Up Shite". Hence, I can offer you no comfort in terms of his return....

Or can I [emoji102]

Good article by Gordon Waddel like the guy or loathe him but i wonder if he actually realises that we are probably more sceptical than he seems to think we are, believing in all the promises Mark Campbell has told us:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-campbell-told-falkirk-fans-18823809

This...

The warnings were there during the stranraer game.  Everything one paced through the middle and two defensive fullbacks asked to provide all the width.  We're easy to play against. Flood the middle and edge of the box and allow our fullbacks to have it and you can keep us out all day. Peterhead were poor. A half decent side wouldve taken 3 or 4 off them and a better side than them wouldve csused us problems. Mckinnon is playing the kind of tactics that will bore the life out of all of us.  The guy really is clueless.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Good article by Gordon Waddel like the guy or loathe him but i wonder if he actually realises that we are probably more sceptical than he seems to think we are, believing in all the promises Mark Campbell has told us:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-campbell-told-falkirk-fans-18823809

Unfortunately I pretty much echo what his view is here.

Although there is not much we can prove, apart from scraps of info and a bad vibe around his history, I just don't buy his I'm just a football fan and I want to fix this.

I would actually have preferred if he came clean, told us he did a few deals that upset some and gave his side of the story. In my view he has dodged his way round any question that has been asked of his past with a shrug, a bad divorce story and an almost please believe me while telling the masses what they want to hear. It's pretty easy to read a forum and find out we don't like the decisions on the academy, pitch etc with a few added touches of fill in a stadium side and you get a disillusioned support on your side.

Of course I want rid of Lex and his crew, but not for this, its a risk too far for me.

Thanks for posting , but cant read anything that p***k writes.

5 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

Unfortunately I pretty much echo what his view is here.

Although there is not much we can prove, apart from scraps of info and a bad vibe around his history, I just don't buy his I'm just a football fan and I want to fix this.

I would actually have preferred if he came clean, told us he did a few deals that upset some and gave his side of the story. In my view he has dodged his way round any question that has been asked of his past with a shrug, a bad divorce story and an almost please believe me while telling the masses what they want to hear. It's pretty easy to read a forum and find out we don't like the decisions on the academy, pitch etc with a few added touches of fill in a stadium side and you get a disillusioned support on your side.

Of course I want rid of Lex and his crew, but not for this, its a risk too far for me.

Why should he be explaining it all to us? Surely its those carrying out the due dilligence that he should be answering to.  We seem to be trying to carry out the due dilligence in public here for some reason

Think the last bit is spot on, thinks he’s probably been on the promise of more money at a later date so he’s thought he’ll get away with it but he’s defo overspent on that squad.

I believe the issue runs deeper than the football management it eminates from the MSG,s autocratic management style resulting in the appointment to date of a bunch of useless yes men and woman who are left to run the club .
Such as system creates a distance and lack of connection throughout from the top to the bottom and it affects the players. I heard Hartley was frustrated and Pissed off by the people above many of whom ignored him and his jakey family.( His reaction to to let an agent sign a bunch of crap didn’t have much of an impact on him as he waited for the inevitable pay off ! ) I dont necessarily believe he lacks talent as a manager and it’s possible RM is heading in the same direction . I wasn’t surprised we played badly yesterday the club is injured and needs to re group . My instincts tell me Campbell is bad news yet we are all so eager for any change we could go from the fire into the frying pan The expectation that we will win this league is misplaced we are on a downward spiral and are have not reached the bottom yet. Let’s hound the board to get Kenny and David in place as I see them as our only hope capable of reversing this trend. We all need to stick together and fight for our right to have a decent team on the park who we can relate to .

Waddell has come up with a nice wee line about rainbows and then decided to write an article based on it because the fans that I know range from very cautious optimism to absolute code red. The fans from my experience are eyes wide open. We are just terrified that those we are trusting to do the checks have proven themselves untrustworthy. Can’t remember any articles about ‘them’ from Mr Waddel

5 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Waddell has come up with a nice wee line about rainbows and then decided to write an article based on it because the fans that I know range from very cautious optimism to absolute code red. The fans from my experience are eyes wide open. We are just terrified that those we are trusting to do the checks have proven themselves untrustworthy. Can’t remember any articles about ‘them’ from Mr Waddel

On the limited basis of P&B Falkirk fans, I'd say it's fairly evenly split.

Lots of caution was in evidence early on, but has been overtaken more recently by the splitting of a more vocally trusting set.   Plenty on here have their eyes screwed tightly shut.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

At Peterhead yesterday there were plenty who are still in the Campbell is Father Christmas mode.