The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, squeekybairn said:

if it is a reality check for some, then it's only because of Ray "another draw" McKinnon's nervous nellie tactics.

IMO with the squad we have, we should be ramming it up most of the the teams in this league. I'm not buying this 'oh they're great wee teams in tight wee parks" line.......if they were so great they would be getting promoted and staying up. The reality is these are, on the whole, part timers with half of the funds/facilities we have and nowhere near the quality of players.

There's only one of two reason we won't romp this league and it's either because the players don't put in the effort, OR our manager's tactics are too negative. And it's starting to look like the latter if he continues to get the same results with this new squad (his squad) as he did with the last bunch. We have the players, we have the fans, we have the resources.........if we don't win this thing clearly it will be a monumental failure set squarely on the shoulders of the manager.

Enough with the peely wally pish, let's get tore into these teams every week.   

Absolutely.

Just wish we had two fullbacks who could get the ball in. These two couldn't cross their legs. I'd rather play two wide players and accept they might not be great defensively. In this league, they wouldn't be doing much defending anyway. 

Peterhead just defended well enough and we couldnt break it down. I didnt see a grouo of players not up for it or anything.

Well I certainly did. Negative tactics, a team that didn’t gel and a couple of lazy b*****ds up front.
When Houstie signed Scottish players they were ‘lazy signings’. Most unfortunately were poor, but some were decent incidentally. When McKinnon signs virtually all his ex-players, we’re about to embark on something special.
That will only happen if McKinnon knits them into a team willing to show fight and effort. We certainly didn’t see much evidence of that today...
Ps. I’m no supporter of our board but has anyone even considered the possibility that they provided McKinnon with a decent budget, and he spent it on higher than planned earnings meaning we have a thinner squad than intended?That’s my gut feel to what has happened here. Sometimes it’s just too convenient to blame the board for everything...

6 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I think sluggish turgid pish is Ray's style. If we win the league it will be a shitfest.

Thanks for this. I am now looking for an image of "sluggish turgid pish" to use as my new avatar.

Guest Ecosse83

McKinnon won't change, anyone that thinks he will are deluding themselves. 

He has a team capable of playing good stuff but he simply doesn't know how to get them to do it. 

We will probably still win the league at a canter but it will be boring. I just want him out of our club. I'm more depressed watching us than reading the takeover pish on here!

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly dont see any evidence of us doing that. Its game 1 but id say players got stuck in today, It just never happened. I dont think any of this "community club" stuff counts for anything real.

Peterhead just defended well enough and we couldnt break it down. I didnt see a grouo of players not up for it or anything.

We have a manager that is way to negative who will be delighted with a clean sheet and a point. Not good enough.

8 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

McKinnon won't change, anyone that thinks he will are deluding themselves. 

He has a team capable of playing good stuff but he simply doesn't know how to get them to do it. 

We will probably still win the league at a canter but it will be boring. I just want him out of our club. I'm more depressed watching us than reading the takeover pish on here!

I agree with most of your post but can't say that I agree with this part. We are badly handicapped with McKinnon in charge,

I agree with most of your post but can't say that I agree with this part. We are badly handicapped with McKinnon in charge,
The praising of Paul Dixons attacking threat though..... see if I see that ball clipped in to the box at a very slight angle again, the one that a striker can do f**k all with even if he does anticipate it.....

Its the new "Mark Kerr floated free kick"

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

There's no way we're winning the league at a canter with him in charge.

We'll be 3rd at Christmas after 8 draws in our previous 9 games and have to listen to him peacock about "being hard to beat" and "this is the position we want to be in".

Edited by Bairn Necessities

Well I certainly did. Negative tactics, a team that didn’t gel and a couple of lazy b*****ds up front.
When Houstie signed Scottish players they were ‘lazy signings’. Most unfortunately were poor, but some were decent incidentally. When McKinnon signs virtually all his ex-players, we’re about to embark on something special.
That will only happen if McKinnon knits them into a team willing to show fight and effort. We certainly didn’t see much evidence of that today...
Ps. I’m no supporter of our board but has anyone even considered the possibility that they provided McKinnon with a decent budget, and he spent it on higher than planned earnings meaning we have a thinner squad than intended?That’s my gut feel to what has happened here. Sometimes it’s just too convenient to blame the board for everything...

Think the last bit is spot on, thinks he’s probably been on the promise of more money at a later date so he’s thought he’ll get away with it but he’s defo overspent on that squad.

The big issue yesterday (and what I suspect will be the case this season) is a severe lack of width.

Doyle seems like a character and a decent defender, but relying solely on him and Dixon (my god) to provide your crosses/attacks isn’t going to win you the league.

Most teams will sit in, keep the middle of the pitch compact which will make it difficult for Tidser and Telfer to play balls through the middle.

High floated crosses from 30 yards out by Dixon are not only terrible but it doesn’t suit the strikers we have either.

A reality check for those who’d thought we would win the league at a canter, can see many away games being like that this season. It’s up to us to pass it quicker, use the full width of the park, and provide proper chances for our strikers.

Good article by Gordon Waddel like the guy or loathe him but i wonder if he actually realises that we are probably more sceptical than he seems to think we are, believing in all the promises Mark Campbell has told us:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-campbell-told-falkirk-fans-18823809

16 hours ago, AGPar said:

What arrogance?? You're referring to the players and manager I assume? Because the vast majority of supporters knew we would be in for a tough game up there and certainly did not expect to just turn up and walk away with three points. What the thick-end of 900 Falkirk fans who made a 300 mile+ round trip certainly did have a right to expect was far, far, far better than a continuation of the turgid, slow, narrow, hoof-ball dross we were subjected to in the final 7 or 8 weeks of last season. That second-half in particular was an absolute disgrace, the only consolation is that Dixon's laughable performance will have finally shut-up the "Robson is crap" brigade once and for all.

If Campbell does get a hold of the club and installs John Park I suspect McKinnon may not be in situ for very long. I won't shed a single tear. He's cost us a boatload of cash and hassle and never come within a million miles of justifying it. Time he started delivering or get to GTF. I thought relegation from the worst 1st div in recent memory would be where we bottomed out, at least on the pitch. With The Sainted Ray in charge, we've probably got a bit to go yet. He's on borrowed time. 

Referring to a small % that were posting about diddy teams and seaside leagues and it would be boring running up big scores every week. You know who you are when you read this. Remember the days at Brockville when Hearts , Hibs , Aberdeen and the Old firm supporters turned up to play this diddy team and troop out the ground with faces that looked like they had just licked piss off a nettle having been turned over in a small bearpit of a stadium. Who were up for it and stop them playing they way they want. We have signed good players so it is up the management and coaching team to find a lineup and system that gets the best out of them. That will take a few competitive games so lets keep things in perspective. 

22 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Good article by Gordon Waddel like the guy or loathe him but i wonder if he actually realises that we are probably more sceptical than he seems to think we are, believing in all the promises Mark Campbell has told us:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-campbell-told-falkirk-fans-18823809

Gordon Waddell is a rat.

Dixon’s crosses brought f**k all yesterday, I said it yesterday, when has a striker ever been able to create something from one of those slow and floaty crosses?

We need another winger imho, play 4-3-3 with Connolly and dare I say DKD on the wing and we’ll create lots x