The Falkirk FC Thread

Sluggish, turgid pish. Nowhere near good enough offensively, entire forward line completely anonymous. Not a single shot on goal in the second half and little to test their keeper with in the first half is a concern. Tidser played like he was on the piss last night. Gomis best of a poor bunch. C minus.

This result could in the long run be the best of the season. Wake up call for the fans and maybe a few of the players that looked upon the opposition as from the seaside league and diddy teams. These are cracking little community clubs at tight grounds with the fans on top of the players. The sooner the complacent and the arrogant recognise that fact and don't turn up expecting to win the better the results will be.

2 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

Sluggish, turgid pish. Nowhere near good enough offensively, entire forward line completely anonymous. Not a single shot on goal in the second half and little to test their keeper with in the first half is a concern. Tidser played like he was on the piss last night. Gomis best of a poor bunch. C minus.

I think sluggish turgid pish is Ray's style. If we win the league it will be a shitfest.

This result could in the long run be the best of the season. Wake up call for the fans and maybe a few of the players that looked upon the opposition as from the seaside league and diddy teams. These are cracking little community clubs at tight grounds with the fans on top of the players. The sooner the complacent and the arrogant recognise that fact and don't turn up expecting to win the better the results will be.

I don’t think that was the issue today at all. I think we could have turned up petrified and the outcome would have been the same.

I thought, after keeping it tight in the first half & being fairly comfortable, he’d go for it in the 2nd half. Never looked like hurting them after the break though.

I honestly dont see any evidence of us doing that. Its game 1 but id say players got stuck in today, It just never happened. I dont think any of this "community club" stuff counts for anything real.

Peterhead just defended well enough and we couldnt break it down. I didnt see a grouo of players not up for it or anything.

Currently making my way back down from Peterhead.

We are shite, same negative pish as last season. Too narrow, midfield completely fucking missing the whole game.

If that keeps up there is no way McKinnon will keep his job if we get a new owner who can afford to punt him.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

At least the idea from a few that winning by less than 15 points would be a failure will go out of the window. When you look at the teams in the league I don't see any rollovers. 

Afternoon guys. Just wondering what the prevailing mood was at today's game regarding the potential takeover? I notice it was a fair distance to travel so understandable there was less than a 1000 there but still enough to make your feelings known. First time I've ever checked Scottish lower league scores. Oddly feel a bit of affinity. Maybe it's because fans of our clubs are working together for the greater good.  f**k the Stenhousemuir haha! 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What arrogance?? You're referring to the players and manager I assume? Because the vast majority of supporters knew we would be in for a tough game up there and certainly did not expect to just turn up and walk away with three points. What the thick-end of 900 Falkirk fans who made a 300 mile+ round trip certainly did have a right to expect was far, far, far better than a continuation of the turgid, slow, narrow, hoof-ball dross we were subjected to in the final 7 or 8 weeks of last season. That second-half in particular was an absolute disgrace, the only consolation is that Dixon's laughable performance will have finally shut-up the "Robson is crap" brigade once and for all.

If Campbell does get a hold of the club and installs John Park I suspect McKinnon may not be in situ for very long. I won't shed a single tear. He's cost us a boatload of cash and hassle and never come within a million miles of justifying it. Time he started delivering or get to GTF. I thought relegation from the worst 1st div in recent memory would be where we bottomed out, at least on the pitch. With The Sainted Ray in charge, we've probably got a bit to go yet. He's on borrowed time. 

Afternoon guys. Just wondering what the prevailing mood was at today's game regarding the potential takeover? I notice it was a fair distance to travel so understandable there was less than a 1000 there but still enough to make your feelings known. First time I've ever checked Scottish lower league scores. Oddly feel a bit of affinity. Maybe it's because fans of our clubs are working together for the greater good.  f**k the Stenhousemuir haha! 

f**k off ya wet wipe

1 hour ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Get this melt emptied pls.

2 hours ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

"F**k the stenhousemuir".....naw just f**k you and your tiresome p**h. 

FFS a lot of precious b*****ds on here!! you are the 'big' team in a poor division and if you dinna run awa wi the title then god only knows....882 a the wye tae peterheid is fair shout - good luck for season cause i've got ye in a double wi cove

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Agree ! reality check for some.

if it is a reality check for some, then it's only because of Ray "another draw" McKinnon's nervous nellie tactics.

IMO with the squad we have, we should be ramming it up most of the the teams in this league. I'm not buying this 'oh they're great wee teams in tight wee parks" line.......if they were so great they would be getting promoted and staying up. The reality is these are, on the whole, part timers with half of the funds/facilities we have and nowhere near the quality of players.

There's only one of two reason we won't romp this league and it's either because the players don't put in the effort, OR our manager's tactics are too negative. And it's starting to look like the latter if he continues to get the same results with this new squad (his squad) as he did with the last bunch. We have the players, we have the fans, we have the resources.........if we don't win this thing clearly it will be a monumental failure set squarely on the shoulders of the manager.

Enough with the peely wally pish, let's get tore into these teams every week.