The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats what i mean though if he had failed it i think there would have been a mention also the reason for the collapse would have been leaked or mentioned by SD (he seems pretty open to fans) the only reason i can see is that he had about the same money as SD and in order for Sunderland to compete at top end of the CVhampionship had they gone up he would have had to borrow

Do we know if he even went through due diligence with Sunderland as the only place I've seen it mentioned is coming from MC himself. 

The other thing that strikes me a bit strange in all of this is that Park is lined up to do the same role at Falkirk as he was going to do at Sunderland.  Surely the wage for both these roles is not the same given the difference in size/turnover of the two clubs...??

Also, this Toronto guy is clearly EDI - show us the deeds sunderland fan's evidence or piss off.

9 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

Do we know if he even went through due diligence with Sunderland as the only place I've seen it mentioned is coming from MC himself. 

The other thing that strikes me a bit strange in all of this is that Park is lined up to do the same role at Falkirk as he was going to do at Sunderland.  Surely the wage for both these roles is not the same given the difference in size/turnover of the two clubs...??

Also, this Toronto guy is clearly EDI - show us the deeds sunderland fan's evidence or piss off.

Perhaps he is still interested in buying a bigger club to run in tandem with us. Who knows.

3 hours ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Morning. Just a quick post to express my dismay at how underhand your board have acted here. If I've read this correctly it was the board who leaked the information to the national press. That in itself is massively unprofessional but to leak the specific story they did is clearly an attempt to turn fans against your fans group, and potentially rule them out of any future bid for the club. They've deliberately leaked a nothing story and kept the major 'indiscretions' to themselves to make it look like sour grapes from the fans consortium. Skillufully done but really despicable behaviour. I only hope it hasn't conned too many people. Best of luck. 

Eh, your fans forum, please.

We must be BOB right enough, we were even mentioned in a BBC article! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49196823

Falkirk

Their collapse has been pitiful. Five seasons ago they finished a credible fifth in the Championship behind Hearts, Hibs and Rangers. Four seasons ago they were second, topping Hibs on goal difference. Three seasons ago they were second again, three points ahead of Dundee United. Two seasons ago, they slumped to eighth, and last season the sorry demise ended in relegation. They won three league games at home all season. League One had better spark a recovery or Lord knows what might become of them. The early season goal-scoring of Declan McManus must give them some heart.

50 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, shouty, sweary, personal abuse again.

It really is where you're comfiest.  You might even launch some at this post if you like.

Good point m9. The shouty sweary abuse certainly outnumbers my other contributions to the thread right enough. I doubt it outnumbers instances of boring drivel from yourself though. You really are a broken record. 

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

DD was to take 7 to 10 days. In my reckoning we should know a bit more by Monday or is that just being over optimistic?

Thought they were talking end of the month, but that would be the whole takeover, not just the DDs.

DD was to take 7 to 10 days. In my reckoning we should know a bit more by Monday or is that just being over optimistic?

Not sure it started immediately

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Its sheps he wasnt liked that much even when he was with us 

I liked Sheps.  He was shit but quite fun to watch (aka he ran around a lot).  One of the few goals I remember clearly from recent years was Olu absolutely destroying some Cowdenbeath boy and feeding it through for Sheps to score (his only senior goal?)

Morning mic17. Well no that particular part of the document obviously referred to Sunderland. I assume your fans group have done their own digging on the back of that. 
I'm not sure what you mean by the second part. Board name? Username? Of who? You've lost me. 

What bit then? The documents prepared for Sunderland fans over a month ago said documents had been passed to the Falkirk BoD last weekend? [emoji848]

Is the quoted 7-10 days correct to cover the DD ?
I was hoping it could be concluded asap and then we will know which direction we will be going, its been one cycle after another on a subject that wont go till it moves on and the DD will at least take us away from a big part of the current cycle.
Thankfully the football will take a percent of this talk away till the DD results

MC said today on twitter he was still confident it would be completed in this timescale.