The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Yip that’s exactly what will happen as I have repeatedly stated they will crawl back to BTB . Repeat nobody but a fan would buy the MSG shares as there is no money to be made. If there was any low hanging fruit ie develop a hotel etc the current board could have done that or sold on the opportunity long ago . They have booted Kenny and David in the balls to flirt with this probable chancer .
Why only they will know? but I suspect this is yet another f—k up by those in control.I predict the fans have had enough and will make life unbearable for them if they don’t do the right thing . What a mess

That’s one way of looking at it.  But if the MSG are now being offered money for their shares, as opposed to being diluted for nothing, they are perfectly entitled to consider that offer fully and see if it’s credible (and assess if it has value for the club moving forward - stop sniggering at the back).  If you were offered £400k or nothing, you’d be daft not to, fan of the club or not.

They will also have concluded, rightly so imo, that if diligence fails for whatever reason the BtB bid will still be there.  That money isn’t going away, and it’s not like BtB can reduce the money they’re paying because they’re the only show in town - they aren’t paying the MSG anything!

I know the majority of people on here want fan ownership, and I’d rather see it too, but they’re not my shares to sell.

3 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

That’s one way of looking at it.  But if the MSG are now being offered money for their shares, as opposed to being diluted for nothing, they are perfectly entitled to consider that offer fully and see if it’s credible (and assess if it has value for the club moving forward - stop sniggering at the back).  If you were offered £400k or nothing, you’d be daft not to, fan of the club or not.

They will also have concluded, rightly so imo, that if diligence fails for whatever reason the BtB bid will still be there.  That money isn’t going away, and it’s not like BtB can reduce the money they’re paying because they’re the only show in town - they aren’t paying the MSG anything!

I know the majority of people on here want fan ownership, and I’d rather see it too, but they’re not my shares to sell.

Thanks for your post above... Very informative.

And what Stainrod is right about here is that the BtB bid was used by the board to hawk the club around. I question if they were ever genuinely going to approve that model. I think not. It was a useful tool for them to solicit interest - nothing more. 

So essentially they wasted Kenny and David's time. Probably money too as I'm sure all their work wasn't free. 

Whatever happens with Campbell I think any fans deal that isn't a direct purchase of shares like this deal is dead in the water. 

These absolute arseholes should never be forgotten by Falkirk fans.

31 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I don’t think the fans will turn on them to be honest.

Enough have turned on the BtB guys already because of the statement to prove that they’ll go along with anything. Couple that with the season ticket sales I think it’s safe to say that we’ll do f**k all whatever happens.

Yep, if Campbell disappears in an embarrassing climb down and it's business as usual, the crowds will be stable if we are winning. We're a pretty supine fanbase.

New York-based businessman Mark Campbell, the preferred bidder to buy Falkirk, has dismissed concerns by fans group Back The Bairns, saying some allegations made about him on social media relate to another person. (Daily Mail, print edition)
From BBC rumours page
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-league-1/mark-campbell-responds-falkirk-fan-16686057

I imagine this is a cut and paste job from the Mail article.

13 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Thanks for your post above... Very informative.

And what Stainrod is right about here is that the BtB bid was used by the board to hawk the club around. I question if they were ever genuinely going to approve that model. I think not. It was a useful tool for them to solicit interest - nothing more. 

So essentially they wasted Kenny and David's time. Probably money too as I'm sure all their work wasn't free. 

Whatever happens with Campbell I think any fans deal that isn't a direct purchase of shares like this deal is dead in the water. 

These absolute arseholes should never be forgotten by Falkirk fans.

No problem, it’s sort of my area (not football clubs though!).

I don’t think I agree with your conclusion. I think if MC no longer proceeds, for whatever reason, there will be a period of scouting round to see what else is there but the MSG will come back to BtB.  But I guess we’re both speculating, and I can’t speak for you but I certainly am not itk.  There are people on here who are closer to all parties and would have more insight into people’s leanings.

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

No problem, it’s sort of my area (not football clubs though!).

I don’t think I agree with your conclusion. I think if MC no longer proceeds, for whatever reason, there will be a period of scouting round to see what else is there but the MSG will come back to BtB.  But I guess we’re both speculating, and I can’t speak for you but I certainly am not itk.  There are people on here who are closer to all parties and would have more insight into people’s leanings.

The BtB bid could have been concluded earlier if that's what they really wanted to do. I'm certainly far from itk as well (and thank f**k for that to be honest ) but the way this was done certainly stinks.

I have no skin in the game of BtB (other than ponying up a measly £30 a month) but the way they were stalled so frequently in the spring makes me think they were just a useful diversion. 

Are we really to believe the MSG acted in good faith here? Highly skeptical. 

Are we really to believe they were keen to conclude the BtB deal then completely out of the blue these alternative deals came up? I'm just not buying that.

7 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

The BtB bid could have been concluded earlier if that's what they really wanted to do. I'm certainly far from itk as well (and thank f**k for that to be honest ) but the way this was done certainly stinks.

I have no skin in the game of BtB (other than ponying up a measly £30 a month) but the way they were stalled so frequently in the spring makes me think they were just a useful diversion. 

Are we really to believe they were keen to conclude the BtB deal then completely out of the blue these alternative deals came up? I'm just not buying that.

"Like a group of Grangemouth Docks painted ladies, lifting their skirts for passing investors"

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I will repeat that the proof of funding is secondary to me now. I am sure he can show the club he has money to buy them out.

Once he has the club for c400k he and his people can do with it what they wish.

We have just got to be sure he won’t turn us over and look after the club once the sale has gone through. You can do all the DD you wish but there has to be a judgment call in all this based on someone’s past, integrity and track record.

Can I ask what you think this guy would be capable of doing? 

6 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I think I was £30/month as well.

i don’t think the other offers came out of the blue - my guess would be they decided to sell after the debacle of last season and the pelters they were getting.  With the BtB deal on the table, they decided to see what else was out there before giving up half of their shares for nothing.  Maybe I’m mercenary, but I would do that too.

They’ll only do the BtB offer if it’s the only one available, and absolutely this could have been done and dusted by now.  But then we’d find some other soap opera to focus on!

Gut feel says that by the end of this season, we’re 50% likely to be under the BtB scheme, 30% still under MSG ownership and 20% under MC.  I wouldn’t want to speculate on anything having happened before Christmas if it’s BtB, fan ownership schemes are messy and of course there is the risk of people not following up on pledges.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Wonder if it’s worth pointing out that those apparent diddy minnows from Liechtenstein tonight overcame a 1-0 first leg deficit to beat recent Hungarian champions Videoton 2-1 on aggregate to qualify for the third round of the Europa League?

The Scottish media emoji23.png

On occasion I've had a look at Europa lge results over the last decade and have never really stumbled over a bad Vaduz result.

To be fair I don't look out for every score but when I do notice them they tend to win.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

And that theory only holds water if you believe that, having fully endorsed the BtB scheme last December and tasked the supporters to proceed with securing the pledges, multiple other interested parties almost immediately appeared on the scene looking to buy their shareholding by pure, unadultered coincidence, following years of seemingly little to no interest. Maybe it is coincidental. Or maybe not.

What was the long term vision of BtB? Was it just a case of the money being invested into the 1st team, or were there plans to finish the stadium and restart the academy? How was that going to be achieved if the 800k was going to the first team only?  

Regarding the actual sale, say you're selling a house, you don't just accept the first bid especially if someone was to come in with a far better offer. That's just crazy.

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

On occasion I've had a look at Europa lge results over the last decade and have never really stumbled over a bad Vaduz result.

To be fair I don't look out for every score but when I do notice them they tend to win.

Eintracht Frankfurt in the next round, probably gone as far as they can this year.

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And that theory only holds water if you believe that, having fully endorsed the BtB scheme last December and tasked the supporters to proceed with securing the pledges, multiple other interested parties almost immediately appeared on the scene looking to buy their shareholding by pure, unadultered coincidence, following years of seemingly little to no interest. Maybe it is coincidental. Or maybe not.

See my post above.  I never said they were unsolicited offers.

22 minutes ago, champions said:

What was the long term vision of BtB? Was it just a case of the money being invested into the 1st team, or were there plans to finish the stadium and restart the academy? How was that going to be achieved if the 800k was going to the first team only?  

Regarding the actual sale, say you're selling a house, you don't just accept the first bid especially if someone was to come in with a far better offer. That's just crazy.

The 10,20,30 per month income stream was to be an ongoing one.

So the patrons largely funded the first tranche of payment for the shares and the smaller investors kept the money rolling in year after year. 

That was my impression.

29 minutes ago, champions said:

My understanding is that the funds went to the club, both up front and then (as the monthly subs come in) on an ongoing basis.

i don’t remember there being specific allocation to eg players or stadium works - it would just have been available to the board to use, in addition to normal income from tickets, the league, etc.  What it would then be used for would be up to a board which presumably would include fan representation.

Would agree if they were selling a house, but their not, they r selling our club and and the long term future/sustainabitily should be the biggest factor in their decision IMO.

35 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Isn't it a case that nobody was interested because it wasn't really for sale?

As far as I'm aware nobody comes round and makes me an offer for my house but I'm pretty confident of getting offers if I put it on the market.

4 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

My understanding is that the funds went to the club, both up front and then (as the monthly subs come in) on an ongoing basis.

i don’t remember there being specific allocation to eg players or stadium works - it would just have been available to the board to use, in addition to normal income from tickets, the league, etc.  What it would then be used for would be up to a board which presumably would include fan representation.

Can you imagine anyone giving money for lex and Andy Thomson to spend as they see fit in the current climate?

They clearly all need cleared out but it’s looking like we get rid of boris Johnston and get a Donald trump. Need to be careful what we wish for.