The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't pretend to understand this stuff, but it sounds like Campbell won't have control if only the MSG's shares are on offer.

Why won’t he? He is buying 62% of the current 2.4m share in circulation

Just now, knee jerk reaction said:

I see what you're all saying about the btb bid, but surely the MSG could sell to the fans for 800k as the funding would be available rather than using it to dilute their shareholding? They would then get 800k instead of 400k, I don't see what they gain from going with Mark Campbell's bid when they could obviously get more and leave the club in fan's hands. Unless he is the real deal and is going to transform the club

Is it not totally different. THEY get £400k versus, THE CLUB gets £800k (they get nothing?) 

Sandy Alexander said the people in MSG would never go away, at he time people thought that was him saying they’d hang on, I took that to mean they’d always have some sort of shareholding. I could easily see them giving Campbell 51% and 2 of the MSG keeping around 10% 

Sandy Alexander said the people in MSG would never go away, at he time people thought that was him saying they’d hang on, I took that to mean they’d always have some sort of shareholding. I could easily see them giving Campbell 51% and 2 of the MSG keeping around 10% 

They are selling the lot

13 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I see what you're all saying about the btb bid, but surely the MSG could sell to the fans for 800k as the funding would be available rather than using it to dilute their shareholding? They would then get 800k instead of 400k, I don't see what they gain from going with Mark Campbell's bid when they could obviously get more and leave the club in fan's hands. Unless he is the real deal and is going to transform the club

They were getting nothing from the BtB bid. The money was going directly into the club in exchange for newly issued shares which would upon issue have diluted their shareholding by approximately 50%. They could sell to Campbell tomorrow for a fiver, it's still more than they stood to gain from the BtB bid. That's the whole undercurrent of this never-ending saga, they were fully behind the BtB scheme at the end of last year and allowed months of hard work to be input, ultimately all for nothing when other bidders offering to pay them directly for the shareholding appeared on the scene. Just coincidence?? If Campbell does not get over the line, god knows where we go from there, would they have the nerve to go cap-in-hand to the supporters having already rejected them twice. It won't be pretty.

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

The BTB bid involves the 800k going directly to the club to provide funds for the team. If the MSG take that as payment for their shares there would be nothing available to strengthen. 

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The BTB bid involves the 800k going directly to the club to provide funds for the team. If the MSG take that as payment for their shares there would be nothing available to strengthen. 

Was it not 800k over 3 years?