The Falkirk FC Thread

Where can you buy the club for 400k? Btb was going to raise 800k to get 25% so how  can the club be getting sold for 400k? Is there not over 2 million £1 shares in falkirk, the original  btb bid was the MSG were willing to dilute their shareholding in the club at a reduced price to btb so we would own 25% , why would they now sell 62% for half that? Unless I'm reading something wrong here 

The MSG have 62% of £2.4m shares. I believe they have sold for under 30p. Do your sums. The original BTB bid was to buy new shares so the 800k was going straight into the club and not into pockets of the MSG.

Where can you buy the club for 400k? Btb was going to raise 800k to get 25% so how  can the club be getting sold for 400k? Is there not over 2 million £1 shares in falkirk, the original  btb bid was the MSG were willing to dilute their shareholding in the club at a reduced price to btb so we would own 25% , why would they now sell 62% for half that? Unless I'm reading something wrong here 

Were they absolutely milking the original BtB scheme then?

Edit : so they were charging BtB £1.33 per share and are now selling at £0.30 per share. That's the most confusing thing I've read this week and pretty damming on the MSG.

12 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Sandy quoted 2.4 million at the egm

Were they absolutely milking the original BtB scheme then?

Edit : so they were charging BtB £1.33 per share and are now selling at £0.30 per share. That's the most confusing thing I've read this week and pretty damming on the MSG.

No, I think that 2.4m extra shares were being released at 33p = 800k

Surely the price for the club would be pretty high. Btb was going to buy out 30% I think and that was taking 800k. Stands to reason to get the rest of the msg shares would cost at least the same again.

The 800k @33p/share would buy the extra 2.4m shares. The MSG had c1.4m between them reducing their shareholding to c30% from 62%

I will repeat that the proof of funding is secondary to me now. I am sure he can show the club he has money to buy them out.

Once he has the club for c400k he and his people can do with it what they wish.

We have just got to be sure he won’t turn us over and look after the club once the sale has gone through. You can do all the DD you wish but there has to be a judgment call in all this based on someone’s past, integrity and track record.

Will we ever get a bid from someone with a successful past in running football clubs though.

I do want to know more about this guy for sure. I just dont see a way for us to stand in his way. This is squarely on the MSG. That unnerves me, but thats what it is. We just might need to pick up the pieces

This doesn't make sense then, if you're selling your shares for 400k when someone else is in with funds of 800k? I know the board take some stick on here but surely no-one is that stupid that they'd sell half price to an unknown rather than actual falkirk fans

They were not selling to BTB just reducing the % shareholding. The 800k was an investment straight into the club.

TBF on most of the MSG the cash is not that relevant on this. They seem to want to ensure the club is in safe hands moving forward and with someone who will develop it. Fingers crossed this guy is it. Big call mind you on someone from Sidcup.

Will we ever get a bid from someone with a successful past in running football clubs though.

I do want to know more about this guy for sure. I just dont see a way for us to stand in his way. This is squarely on the MSG. That unnerves me, but thats what it is. We just might need to pick up the pieces

You are right we are in the hands of 10/11 people who 90% of the fanbase has no confidence in 3 weeks ago.

This doesn't make sense then, if you're selling your shares for 400k when someone else is in with funds of 800k? I know the board take some stick on here but surely no-one is that stupid that they'd sell half price to an unknown rather than actual falkirk fans
They were not selling to btb, they were diluting, and the money was to stay with the club not leave in their pockets.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are right we are in the hands of 10/11 people who 90% of the fanbase has no confidence in 3 weeks ago.

On the flip side though they had confidence in themselves though even if no one else did.

28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The 800k @33p/share would buy the extra 2.4m shares. The MSG had c1.4m between them reducing their shareholding to c30% from 62%

I don't pretend to understand this stuff, but it sounds like Campbell won't have control if only the MSG's shares are on offer.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I don't pretend to understand this stuff, but it sounds like Campbell won't have control if only the MSG's shares are on offer.

He'd have 62% of the shares so, aye, he'd have control.

I see what you're all saying about the btb bid, but surely the MSG could sell to the fans for 800k as the funding would be available rather than using it to dilute their shareholding? They would then get 800k instead of 400k, I don't see what they gain from going with Mark Campbell's bid when they could obviously get more and leave the club in fan's hands. Unless he is the real deal and is going to transform the club