The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

The sun has been reading P&B again i see:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4552591/falkirk-fans-probe-bidder-mark-campbell/

Actually nothing that has not been posted to death on here in the past few days

Thats the other strange thing here. I would've thought the tabloids would've managed to come up with some real dirt on this guy if its going about. So far they seem to have come up with absolutely hee haw.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Thats the other strange thing here. I would've thought the tabloids would've managed to come up with some real dirt on this guy if its lying about. So far they seem to have come up with absolutely hee haw.

Do you think they care enough about Falkirk to do their own research when they can just copy and paste off here instead?

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Do you think they care enough about Falkirk to do their own research when they can just copy and paste off here instead?

I'm still waiting on a wealth off the radar front page from Journo extrodinair Keith

6 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Sunderland are a big club and yet nowt appeared then either. The stuff on here is hardly a smoking gun.   

Edited by Shadwell Dog

You seem to have a strange objection to people discussing the future of the club. There’s a match thread discussing Saturday’s game in any case.
Don’t like, don’t read.

No objection at all to discussing it, the problem is the utter nonsense that’s being posted. It’s boring and virtually nothing based on fact. At least OneF had a rumours section.

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sunderland are a big club and yet nowt appeared then either. The stuff on here is hardly a smoking gun.   

By all accounts, he wasnt close as the estimated 90% (Campbells words) he is with owning our club and according to Sunderland he was nowhere near being part of the club.

If we were a top 6 club, then maybe they would investigate, but they will use a filler that they can read of the internet as they have done in the last couple of days with 1% resources used

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

By all accounts, he wasnt close as the estimated 90% (Campbells words) he is with owning our club and according to Sunderland he was nowhere near being part of the club.

If we were a top 6 club, then maybe they would investigate, but they will use a filler that they can read of the internet as they have done in the last couple of days with 1% resources used

He'll need to prove that the cash is there though.

I’ll settle for Europa league football in 2023 instead of the champions league if things aren’t looking as good as first thought.

Watch out for those giants from Lichtenstein when you do qualify!

11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Watch out for those giants from Lichtenstein when you do qualify!

Sound advice. Team playing in the Swiss leagues and full of well paid German pros is definitely a tie we should be looking to avoid this time.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Sound advice. Team playing in the Swiss leagues and full of well paid German pros is definitely a tie we should be looking to avoid this time.

Fantastic away trip though, probably best I have been on. Tops any Scotland away game I have been to. 

On 31/07/2019 at 19:33, Shadwell Dog said:

Can you point me to an area where he promised to do anything? These are his plans and ideas. He would be foolish to promise to do any of them as we may still be in league one this time next season for all we know and thats with or without new players and more cash injected into the budget.  To me any of these things are a bonus over having a decent team playing in a league trying to get into the premier league with a bod who arent slagging the fans off every 5 mins.

We have to own that stand , it's within our 90 day strategy - Mark Campbell said this. If that's not an immediate promise then I don't know what is. . 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fans-q-a-with-mark-campbell-as-it-happened-1-4973223

On 31/07/2019 at 19:49, JulioBairn said:

Why are they stupid comparisons? You said people with no affiliation to clubs don’t just throw money at them, I’m pointing out that they do. 

OK so it's not the bleeding obvious to you so I will help you - The Russian and the Sheik are MULTI - BILLIONAIRES. They can afford to throw money about for an ego trip, vanity project or just publicity.  

This guy Campbell has maybe a coffee shop in Manhattan and sold a few hotels according to him. He cannot -  unless he comes clean on his business empire , but even then f**k me not in the same stratosphere.  

If you cannot see this is a stupid comparison then I cannot help you any further.   

9 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

We have to own that stand , it's within our 90 day strategy - Mark Campbell said this. If that's not an immediate promise then I don't know what is. . 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fans-q-a-with-mark-campbell-as-it-happened-1-4973223

That's not a promise . He never said I promise you we will own that main stand within any timescale. Hes not even spoken to the council yet.

13 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Strategy - a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That's not a promise . He never said I promise you we will own that main stand within any timescale. Hes not even spoken to the council yet.

Jesus Christ ! Are you at the wind up ?

In fact what about a quote from Jesus Christ (Superstar)

"'ALL YOUR FOLLOWERS ARE BLIND, TOO MUCH HEAVEN ON THEIR MINDS'"

How very apt.