The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the answer is they wanted to take the heat off themselves and push through more ST sales.

It worked well another 50 have renewed

Thinking about the on the park issues for a minute, there's chat on the MC twitter that to change the articles preventing any single person holding more than a 20% stake in the club, an EGM needs to be held which needs a period of notice. Anyone know how long that period is and if it would prevent any new owner taking charge and providing funds to the first team before the window closes?

If this would prevent any new owner improving the squad, the current decision makers have to step up and allow Ray to sign some more players.

That statement is pathetic (and the Sun story is meaningless).  BtB really not covering themselves in glory here.  Part of the attraction of their approach has been how credible they’ve been up to now.
You either say nothing (other than direct to the board) or you share your concerns.  This comes across as an attention-seeking emotional teenager on Facebook.  U ok ***?  Don’t wanna talk about it.

PM me babez

Thinking about the on the park issues for a minute, there's chat on the MC twitter that to change the articles preventing any single person holding more than a 20% stake in the club, an EGM needs to be held which needs a period of notice. Anyone know how long that period is and if it would prevent any new owner taking charge and providing funds to the first team before the window closes?

If this would prevent any new owner improving the squad, the current decision makers have to step up and allow Ray to sign some more players.

Need to give 21 days notice

Keep in mind that until we know anything concrete slagging MC is stupid

Innocent till proven guilty

Correct to be suspicious and sceptical but no point getting the Pitchfork's out until we know the hard facts of the matter

Not to say we can't discuss don't get me wrong but think some people need to remember that we don't actually know this guy isn't who he says he is so why are we already directing rage at him?

Need to give 21 days notice
Thanks.

So there's a little over a week for that to be called, or we're playing at least the first 19 league games, Scottish Cup and challenge Cup, more than half of the season, with a miniscule playing staff.

I hope the BoD are glaringly aware of this.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

‘Well I’m not sure where that is coming from, but I could not be further from the truth. Everything is progressing so far’

Straight from Campbell on Twitter. Although as weird as it sounds, he doesn’t sound that shocked about what’s being said.

If he's a quiet lad who likes to keep low key the last few days have been an eye opener

For me I can't see what the BTB guys could unearth in the last few days that we haven't all raised on here, could it be that they are just raising the general concerns we are all raising to the board.

Hopefully due diligence and SFA checks are thorough and this guy is genuine and we get the academy back and a team to be proud of again.

But we have to remember due diligence works both ways Campbell could find something and decide to walk as well

3 hours ago, ffc1986bornabairn said:

tbh I have read numerous comments on this forum also previously on facebook on the coyb group page and it annoys me the fact that there are soo many Falkirk fans unhappy. I have never heard or seen anyone happy about any board, any manager we have had or the way Falkirk have played over the years. too many fans act like Falkirk are like barcelona or real Madrid and we should be owed something. I have been a Falkirk fan for a very long time and we have had amazing times and low times but it seems to me certain fans are never happy. best thing to do is treat each new thing for Falkirk as something new and fresh and see how things pan out. for all you know this could be an amazing turning point for the club that has been needed and instead certain fans are still negative. I just dont get it. if your not happy stop following the club. if you want to follow the club then just roll with it and see the outcome then judge. too many people jumping the gun as always. speculation, speculation, drama, drama.

Y’see, streams of consciousness  don’t really work on a footie forum. Is what you are saying “express no misgivings about anything until it goes badly wrong”?

You know, I looked in on this thread when I heard about the MC deal...and damned if I haven’t kept up cause this s**t is some of the best pyrrhic posting I've seen outside SEC NCAA College Football boards (and even then, some of those put this to shame).  My prediction, MC ends up walking and spending somewhere else because of the hue and cry around this mess. The Sunderland deal had size issues, this deal is perfectly sized, but a whole ton of people are really enjoying kicking the gift kelpie in the mouth.

Honestly, if he’s a fraud or crook, it’ll be found out at some point, before the purchase is complete. If he’s a straight arrow, he’s probably being turned off as we speak. So, keep the tin foil hats on and enjoy the ride.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You know, I looked in on this thread when I heard about the MC deal...and damned if I haven’t kept up cause this s**t is some of the best pyrrhic posting I've seen outside SEC NCAA College Football boards (and even then, some of those put this to shame).  My prediction, MC ends up walking and spending somewhere else because of the hue and cry around this mess. The Sunderland deal had size issues, this deal is perfectly sized, but a whole ton of people are really enjoying kicking the gift kelpie in the mouth.

Honestly, if he’s a fraud or crook, it’ll be found out at some point, before the purchase is complete. If he’s a straight arrow, he’s probably being turned off as we speak. So, keep the tin foil hats on and enjoy the ride.

@Enigma , get him on track, he's claiming to be one of yours. And wtf is SEC NCAA?

32 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

For me I can't see what the BTB guys could unearth in the last few days that we haven't all raised on here, could it be that they are just raising the general concerns we are all raising to the board.

Hopefully due diligence and SFA checks are thorough and this guy is genuine and we get the academy back and a team to be proud of again.

He went through the DD with English FA and the people at Sunderland. I gather they never threw anything up and chased him so given the Scottish FAs history of allowing shysters to waltz into clubs i will actually be amazed if they find and act on anything.

I'd be even more spewing if I was a fan of any of the many clubs who have been taken in by various crooks the last decade

7 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I’m actually stunned at the stick BtB are getting on here. They’re the only ones with our club at heart furfucksake.

I think the reason they are getting stick is probably because people don't know them. There are a few posters on here who obviously know them as individuals and vouch for them a lot, but myself and probably most of the support have never met them.

I know exactly as much about Mark Campbell as I do about the BTB guys (which is to say the square route of f**k all), I was willing to get involved in btb because it seemed like a sound plan, it helped that a few of our fans spoke so highly about them but in reality I was putting my trust in them not being wrong for the club in exactly the same way I would need to with an outsider like Campbell.

The statement they released this morning could damage their standing going forward, it sounded as though they had found something extremely important, if it turns out it was just 'Park won't accept job until it exists' they could end up looking like shit stirrers. On the other hand if they have uncovered something important our board didn't then they will have shown they were looking out for the club, I will reserve judgement but to think you won't get some negative reaction from some of the fans over a cryptic statement like that is pretty naive.

2 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I think the reason they are getting stick is probably because people don't know them. There are a few posters on here who obviously know them as individuals and vouch for them a lot, but myself and probably most of the support have never met them.

I know exactly as much about Mark Campbell as I do about the BTB guys (which is to say the square route of f**k all), I was willing to get involved in btb because it seemed like a sound plan, it helped that a few of our fans spoke so highly about them but in reality I was putting my trust in them not being wrong for the club in exactly the same way I would need to with an outsider like Campbell.

The statement they released this morning could damage their standing going forward, it sounded as though they had found something extremely important, if it turns out it was just 'Park won't accept job until it exists' they could end up looking like shit stirrers. On the other hand if they have uncovered something important our board didn't then they will have shown they were looking out for the club, I will reserve judgement but to think you won't get some negative reaction from some of the fans over a cryptic statement like that is pretty naive.

Let's suppose they found something unsavoury about Mr Campbell. Why did they assume that the DD wouldn't find it or that the board knew already?

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Let's suppose they found something unsavoury about Mr Campbell. Why did they assume that the DD wouldn't find it or that the board knew already?

I think that they'd have to make those assumptions TBH.