The Falkirk FC Thread

If you have a Compliance issue you don't alert the person you suspect of being at fault. Take it to the relevant authority.
I'd question going public with it but who can blame them for having no faith in the MSG? This is as serious an issue as it gets so if you piss a couple of people off to raise what you deem as valid info, then so be it.
This is why I would have no problem with BtB completing the info they have released. If its nothing, the MSG can dismiss it. If its something, and the MSG dismiss it, fans who know about it should shout it from the rooftops. And if its something and it blows the bid out the water... Well who gives a f**k who it pisses off. At that point Campbell is gone and the MSG are in an even worse position than they are now having humiliated themselves in what should be their field of expertise.

I am all for BtB acting like a militant trade union tbqh. In fact, any money I pledge would probably increase on that basis. Just my 2 cents of course, its KJs baby and I will be part of it whatever.

tbh I have read numerous comments on this forum also previously on facebook on the coyb group page and it annoys me the fact that there are soo many Falkirk fans unhappy. I have never heard or seen anyone happy about any board, any manager we have had or the way Falkirk have played over the years. too many fans act like Falkirk are like barcelona or real Madrid and we should be owed something. I have been a Falkirk fan for a very long time and we have had amazing times and low times but it seems to me certain fans are never happy. best thing to do is treat each new thing for Falkirk as something new and fresh and see how things pan out. for all you know this could be an amazing turning point for the club that has been needed and instead certain fans are still negative. I just dont get it. if your not happy stop following the club. if you want to follow the club then just roll with it and see the outcome then judge. too many people jumping the gun as always. speculation, speculation, drama, drama.

Edited by ffc1986bornabairn

Are you not familiar with how discussion forums work?
Entirely, this one in particular. And the nature of it means I get to be passive aggressive about it when it gets as tedious as this one has been recently

Brilliant, eh?

So what have we learned from the 200+ posts on this page today?

Mark Campbell either is or isn't genuine, and the BtB guys either have or don't have substantial new information that could discredit him.

Very glad this is being debated at length by a lot of people who don't have a clue about the subject

All the more reason to discuss it on a forum then surely. I admittedly know very little about the situation but it’s a pretty big deal and I’m keen to hear any and all opinions on the matter

Guest Ecosse83

I've been told earlier the deal is dead in the water, he hasn't got the money to back anything up. 

Say what you want about the current board but I genuinely don't think they would sell the club to a dodgy character. 

26 minutes ago, ffc1986bornabairn said:

tbh I have read numerous comments on this forum also previously on facebook on the coyb group page and it annoys me the fact that there are soo many Falkirk fans unhappy. I have never heard or seen anyone happy about any board, any manager we have had or the way Falkirk have played over the years. too many fans act like Falkirk are like barcelona or real Madrid and we should be owed something. I have been a Falkirk fan for a very long time and we have had amazing times and low times but it seems to me certain fans are never happy. best thing to do is treat each new thing for Falkirk as something new and fresh and see how things pan out. for all you know this could be an amazing turning point for the club that has been needed and instead certain fans are still negative. I just dont get it. if your not happy stop following the club. if you want to follow the club then just roll with it and see the outcome then judge. too many people jumping the gun as always. speculation, speculation, drama, drama.

Jeez.

People should "just roll with it and see the outcome"?  I'd have thought it was a bit too important to people for so passive an approach.  

Be grateful that others appear not to share it.

I've been told earlier the deal is dead in the water, he hasn't got the money to back anything up. 
Say what you want about the current board but I genuinely don't think they would sell the club to a dodgy character. 

In this case, my question would be two fold.

First part would be to the MSG. How the f**k did ut get even close to this far on.

Second part, more of a statement. Sell all of your shares to BTB and get so far to f**k out of this town.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez.

People should "just roll with it and see the outcome"?  I'd have thought it was a bit too important to people for so passive an approach.  

Be grateful that others appear not to share it.

the point I am trying to say is its going to happen regardless its out our hands we don't own the club so we have to roll with the cards we are dealt. tbh I think this is gonna be good for the club.

21 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'll say this about the current board/MSG - if they'd broken the habit of a lifetime and selected a preferred bidder in the best interests of the club last Friday, we wouldn't find ourselves foursquare in the middle of yet another embarrassing omnishambles. Fortunately they have finally, finally run out of road. There is nowhere for them to hide. So if Campbell does indeed turn out to be another Whyte/Massone type character and the deal falls apart the MSG and board should be hunted from the club, in their entirety, by whatever means possible. They are finished.

I'll say this about the current board/MSG - if they'd broken the habit of a lifetime and selected a preferred bidder in the best interests of the club last Friday, we wouldn't find ourselves foursquare in the middle of yet another embarrassing omnishambles. Fortunately they have finally, finally run out of road. There is nowhere for them to hide. So if Campbell does indeed turn out to be another Whyte/Massone type character and the deal falls apart the MSG and board should be hunted from the club, in their entirety, by whatever means possible. They are finished.
An embarrassment of unimaginable scale for a group of "businessmen"

Can I ask a really simple question?

Why have the details of a preferred bidder been revealed and said preferred bidder is holding Q&A's at the club before any due diligence has been done or the guy has even been appointed?

Seems absolutely mental. Surely this is all done professional behind closed doors until all necessary checks are completed.

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Why have the details of a preferred bidder been revealed and said preferred bidder is holding Q&A's at the club before any due diligence has been done or the guy has even been appointed?

Seems absolutely mental. Surely this is all done professional behind closed doors until all necessary checks are completed.

Because our board are idiots who have shat it following the EGM and done the first thing they could to deflect attention away from themselves, while at the same time giving a final FU to the fans by rejecting the BTB bid in favour of this joker

Simple...

MSG!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, ffc1986bornabairn said:

the point I am trying to say is its going to happen regardless its out our hands we don't own the club so we have to roll with the cards we are dealt. tbh I think this is gonna be good for the club.

I think the sentiment expressed in your second sentence, informs the laissez faire outlook evident in the first.

Those who are less optimistic, naturally feel less inclined to stand back to see what unfolds.  

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Because our board are idiots who have shat it following the EGM and done the first thing they could to deflect attention away from themselves, while at the same time giving a final FU to the fans by rejecting the BTB bid in favour of this joker

Exactly this. Alexander Alexander is quoted at the EGM on 19th July as saying "the MSG are going nowhere". Precisely seven days later and they're announcing a preferred bidder for the majority shareholding. What changed in a week? No logical explanation for this U-turn either.

14 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I think the answer is they wanted to take the heat off themselves and push through more ST sales.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

I think the answer is they wanted to take the heat off themselves and push through more ST sales.

This is it in a nutshell.

A new low for Falkirk if Campbell is exposed as a con artist. Heads must roll.