The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Crawford Baptie said:

They did the right thing advising the board.

What they did wrong was wrote a half arsed statement.

Pretty much this, unless they are doing it to increase the pressure on the board to properly investigate Campbell. 

Assuming we're heading back to square one...

We don't need multi million pound investment, site development and all that other pish. We simply need someone running the club who can spend income, generated by having 4000+ fans in L1, in a way that will get us promoted this season. 

Get the fans-backed bid back on, get the Kenny Rogers unicorn coffee c**t tae f**k and clear out ALL of the current regime. Fuckng wankers.

If we are dealing in the info available it looks like the whole massive bombshell uncovered is that john park wont start until the deal is done........then its leaked by the board.

What kind of huge news is this? John Park would be off his head committing to anything other than that. If there is further info available through the due diligence then it needs to fully investigated and kept confidential until the point we can tell this guy to bolt. For things to be getting leaked is pretty poor and paints no one in a good light

The only question mark for me is whether it’ll be Gomis or McShane but think he’ll go Gomis. The rest picks itself IMO. 
Bell
Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan, Dixon
Tidser, Gomis, Telfer, Connolly
McManus, Sammon
4-4-2 Diamond

Ray was giving rave reviews about McShane after the Ayr game and he was really good at Berwick.

Gomis undoubtedly gives the better defensive cover though.

3 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

DM’ed MC on twitter regarding if he knew about the concerns, says he dosent know what the concerns are so it would be unfair to comment.IMG_4119.jpg

That's a bit of an odd way to reply. I can get him not commenting, but saying "unwise to comment" just has something off with it. It's like he's implying there are concerns that could be had and he doesn't know which ones have been found out.

The statement tells us nothing and the story in the Sun tells us nothing. 

We’ve had days of people complaining they can’t find any info about Campbell anywhere and by all accounts he passed the EFL DD test but yet KJ manages to uncover some ‘potential concerns’. What is KJ’s experience in private investigation?

Even this Toronto guy has come up with nothing substantial and they paid someone to look for dirt. 

My head hurts. 

We’ve had days of people complaining they can’t find any info about Campbell anywhere and by all accounts he passed the EFL DD test but yet KJ manages to uncover some ‘potential concerns’. What is KJ’s experience in private investigation?
Even this Toronto guy has come up with nothing substantial and they paid someone to look for dirt. 
My head hurts. 
Mine too, but the fault for the mess lies with the MSG who should have been unveiling to us a new owner, not an incomplete due diligence process. All Mark Campbell has done is put in an offer to take on something the MSG have said is for sale.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:
My head hurts. 

Mine too, but the fault for the mess lies with the MSG who should have been unveiling to us a new owner, not an incomplete due diligence process. All Mark Campbell has done is put in an offer to take on something the MSG have said is for sale.

Yeah, I'm sure the Hibs takeover was done properly. i.e.they presented this new owner once everything was 100% complete. Very odd to announce this guy and let him talk to the media and fans before they know if he's a chancer or not. 

No idea how this will pan out now, what a fucking mess.

39 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

That's a bit of an odd way to reply. I can get him not commenting, but saying "unwise to comment" just has something off with it. It's like he's implying there are concerns that could be had and he doesn't know which ones have been found out.

Jesus, Campbell's going to have to have his every tweet examined by lawyers and psychologists before pressing send. Think you might be reading a bit much into it. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

Yeah, I'm sure the Hibs takeover was done properly. i.e.they presented this new owner once everything was 100% complete. Very odd to announce this guy and let him talk to the media and fans before they know if he's a chancer or not. 
No idea how this will pan out now, what a fucking mess.

Maybe doing what the police do with child killers? Let them speak to the media and watch out for body language [emoji23]

2 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Clearly someone at the club leaking it to the sun, Kenny said it wasn’t them. Apologies guys xx

Didnt someone mention that a couple of members of the MSG wont go without a fight, it could be this ?

5 minutes ago, southstand_bairn said:

Maybe doing what the police do with child killers? Let them speak to the media and watch out for body language emoji23.png

Things are getting out of control here.   

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

22 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Ray was giving rave reviews about McShane after the Ayr game and he was really good at Berwick.

Gomis undoubtedly gives the better defensive cover though.

McShane was dire at Ayr. Weakest link in the side. God knows how he could rave about him after that performance.

I suppose it all depends on what the btb guys have come up with. Is it anything new? Is it anything we didn't know already. Are they simply trying to make sure that the bod/msg are carrying out due dilligence in the proper way and not missing anything? Sun story tells us nothing we didn't know already.  

The Sun (on-line) has a story (31 July) on the John Park revelation (wont start working until money in place) and also a story (30 July, updated 22:51) containing the lines 

But it’s understood fans have voiced fears over the real estate mogul who failed in a bid to take over Sunderland FC. A source said: “Falkirk chiefs are now in possession of fresh information relating to Campbell’s past business interests.”

I think it was the article 30 July that prompted the BtB statement, that they supplied the aforementioned  information to MSG/BoD. 

The BtB DID NOT leak details to The Sun.

Thing is a lot of this just comes across as differing perspective:

BtB mention concerns to BoD/MSG MSG leak info to the media

2 ways to look at this 
1. Sour grapes for not winning the bid 

2. Found concerns and want to alert the MSG before more dealings are done.

My view is Kenny done what was right if you want to point fingers at the story being leaked, then point it to the MSG (add it to the list of f**k ups to date)

Other way to look at things is, for someone that is a Millionaire to stay under the radar for this long that's a difficutl ask, as i mentioned it is possible to have your name removed from all google results and only 3rd party like companies house etc would have his name.

Just for once i would love to have the club portrayed in a positive light without f**king up evetything that goes near us, we seriously need someone competent in PR at the club but we cant get a full subs bench so there no chance of that.

Edited by AL-FFC

7 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

The Sun (on-line) has a story (31 July) on the John Park revelation (wont start working until money in place) and also a story (30 July, updated 22:51) containing the lines 

But it’s understood fans have voiced fears over the real estate mogul who failed in a bid to take over Sunderland FC. A source said: “Falkirk chiefs are now in possession of fresh information relating to Campbell’s past business interests.”

I think it was the article 30 July that prompted the BtB statement, that they supplied the aforementioned  information to MSG/BoD. 

The BtB DID NOT leak details to The Sun.

Sun reporter reads pie and bovril shocker ..lol