The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The piece in the Sun is an absolute non-story (probably why that rag printed it). I'm assuming BtB had other concerns which haven't been made public? 

Depends how it reads, I don't read the Sun but this is from the BBC page:

Former Celtic chief scout John Park won't take up a director of football role at Falkirk until preferred bidder Mark Campbell proves he has the money to complete his proposed takeover. (Sun)

Now its either John Park hasn't seen evidence of the money yet (which would be very strange given he has been working with this guy for a while) or he won't take up the job until the takeover is complete. 

Why is John Park "waiting to see if Campbell`s got the money" ? I thought they`ve been a "team" for a few months at least. Wasn`t he involved with Campbell in the Sunderland deal which would have required a shedload more cash than this takeover will, why the doubts now??? 

The only reason can be he has doubts and does want any dirt to land on him . If he was certain of his mans ability to deliver there would be no need to distance himself !

Just now, Stuperman01 said:

Former Celtic chief scout John Park won't take up a director of football role at Falkirk until preferred bidder Mark Campbell proves he has the money to complete his proposed takeover. (Sun)

Now its either John Park hasn't seen evidence of the money yet (which would be very strange given he has been working with this guy for a while) or he won't take up the job until the takeover is complete. 

I'd imagine the Latter

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The piece in the Sun is an absolute non-story (probably why that rag printed it). I'm assuming BtB had other concerns which haven't been made public? 

Yeah someone has jumped the gun. Nothing from the Sun story gave me pause in the slightest

1 minute ago, Stuperman01 said:

I would imagine it's the latter, highly doubt Park would be with him for months on the promise he's got some cash. However I'm sure it's all gonna come out soon either way.

That statement is pathetic (and the Sun story is meaningless).  BtB really not covering themselves in glory here.  Part of the attraction of their approach has been how credible they’ve been up to now.

You either say nothing (other than direct to the board) or you share your concerns.  This comes across as an attention-seeking emotional teenager on Facebook.  U ok ***?  Don’t wanna talk about it.

Just now, Disco Duck said:

That statement is pathetic (and the Sun story is meaningless).  BtB really not covering themselves in glory here.  Part of the attraction of their approach has been how credible they’ve been up to now.

You either say nothing (other than direct to the board) or you share your concerns.  This comes across as an attention-seeking emotional teenager on Facebook.  U ok ***?  Don’t wanna talk about it.

they did say it direct to the board, it was then leaked by the board (persummly to the sun) therefore they felt they had to put a statement out.....they have done nothing wrong IMO.

They have shared it with the club though. Is that not what they should do?

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeepers, I almost feel a bit sorry for you lot.

It really does sound as if this guy could be a total saviour, a complete chancer, or all points in between.

Some are drawing parallels with Rangers, but in fairness to you, many seem a Hell of a lot less easily seduced than those idiots were.

I genuinely hope you don't get burned here.  It sounds like BtB aren't going to have the role that was envisaged, but they could still have an important role in advising people, if they've met him.  Is it fair to ask that of them though?  Vetting someone else, is not what they were set up to do.

Meeting someone means the root of fuk all tho, around 200 fans did and in politicianesque way Campbell has said his plans is giving the fans basically what they want.

Talk is always cheap

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Nothing to feel sorry about. Worst case scenario hes a chancer fails due diligence and we're back at square one. If hes a total con man like some think it wont get very far. Hes still got to come up with the money for 62 percent of the shares. The whole thing is still early days. Problem is the msg/bod have jumped the gun parading this guy before the deal is complete or not.  I still feel that guys like alexander and Ritchie whilst not the greatest at running football teams know all about big business and after they have invested time and cash in falkirk I can't see them handing the club over to any chancer that happens to turn up with a pipe dream. 

Worst case scenario is he runs up debt that kills us.

I have no faith in the DD checks

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

They would be well aware it might be looked at as sour grapes but if they have uncovered something dodgy they are right to put it out there and make sure the MSG know about it.

there is no way they would just make something up for the sake of it.

Id have preferred if the BTB guys had remained silent other than privately contact the current owners regarding their issues, tho if they feel strongly regarding the issues they have highlighted then its better to go public.

They are of course in a difficult position but now we all want to know what the issues are

We are back in limbo once again it seems

8 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

That was the BBC misquoting the sub headline from the Sun.

FORMER Celtic chief scout John Park has stepped back from the Falkirk buyout — while preferred bidder Mark Campbell proves he’s got the cash to take over.

That was based on this line in the text.

But SunSport understands Park has made it clear he will not be involved until directors are satisfied and a concrete deal is in place with all parties.

ie. A non story.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So the information they gave to the Board is that Park won't become director of football until DD is done on both sides and the deal is done? Am I misunderstanding something?

I've no idea. Someone asked if BTB had given the story to the  press and I supplied recent quotes from one of their leaders which suggested they hadn't. 

I have no idea what the information is. I'm not part of BTB. 

I’m failing to see why people are jumping over Kenny on here and the Facebook page?

Questions were given to the board and the board (it seems) leaked to the press, so Kenny tells the fans that’s what he did so they knew.

Fans on both sites have been questioning this bid and whether it’s all above aboard. Now that some points that have been raised by BtB, people are giving them a hard time about it.

Sun story in a nutshell:   Man won't start a job until company takeover is complete and his contract of employment is sorted out.    One of a long list of reasons I have never bought a Sun "newspaper".

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

13 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

they did say it direct to the board, it was then leaked by the board (persummly to the sun) therefore they felt they had to put a statement out.....they have done nothing wrong IMO.

it's all a bit meh for me, agreed they haven't done anything wrong at the end of the day as BPM said they were basically humped either way, however the statement is pish and can totally appreciate at how it comes across as sour grapes to some fans.

P.s Feel pure shite just want the football back x

12 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I’m failing to see why people are jumping over Kenny on here and the Facebook page?

Questions were given to the board and the board (it seems) leaked to the press, so Kenny tells the fans that’s what he did so they knew.

Fans on both sites have been questioning this bid and whether it’s all above aboard. Now that some points that have been raised by BtB, people are giving them a hard time about it.

Exactly but too many are scared about chasing away the messiah so they’re lashing out at anyone who raises any concerns.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the statement.

Edited by Hughsie

I guess BtB guys have the most to lose if the Mark Campbell bid goes ahead and the present Falkirk board lose out if it doesn’t, so weird if the BtB concerns were leaked by the current regime?