The Falkirk FC Thread

Totally agree, many on here asked the BTB boys to put out a statement and now they have they are getting slated.

I have followed the Bairns for 46 years and I can honestly say, apart from the administration era I have never felt this low towards the club. I am sick of the whole episode, I still haven't renewed my ST and I am not far away from giving up.

Nothing ever seems to run smoothly at the club and as fans we constantly get shafted. Why oh why couldn't the board have taken the fans money.

As I said earlier. They were damned if they did speak and damned if they didn’t. This situation is not of their making. They have sent the info to the club for them to look at and said that is it.

I say it again the decision to roll out the red carpet on Monday was just wrong before everything was concluded.

Jesus I am sick of this.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My only issue with the BtB statement is that I think they would have been correct to lay out their concerns. They are after simply a body to represent us

They'd be useless as representatives if they can't keep stuff like this confidential until whatever their concerns are, are properly checked out. I'd say their statement was as far as they could go in terms of keeping fans informed, unfortunately they've probably just unleashed a feeding frenzy.

Edited by welshbairn

They'd be useless as representatives if they can't keep stuff like this confidential until whatever their concerns are, are properly checked out. 
But right now they arent representatives. Campbell is the boards preferred bidder. BtB are ours. At this point however, they have reverted to a group of Falkirk fans and as such, have every right to take the gloves off IMO. Unless its not viewed by them as something terminal to the deal. They have given the MSG the chance to sweep it under the rug

As I said earlier. They were damned if they did speak and damned if they didn’t. This situation is not of their making. They have sent the info to the club for them to look at and said that is it.

I say it again the decision to roll out the red carpet on Monday was just wrong before everything was concluded.

Jesus I am sick of this.

I don’t think there is one person who will give them stick for airing their concerns to the MSG. However there was no need to leak it to a newspaper which it looks as though they have. Also the statement for me gives the fans more worry and anguish when,
If things are not correct would have come out.

Guest Ecosse83

f**k me let the fans bid guys take over the club already. The English guy might be legit but at least we know 100% the BtB guys are in it for the right reasons. 

Not gonna lie the formation bingo was more fun last season than reading the last 50 odd pages on here!

I don’t think there is one person who will give them stick for airing their concerns to the MSG. However there was no need to leak it to a newspaper which it looks as though they have. Also the statement for me gives the fans more worry and anguish when,
If things are not correct would have come out.

Is there a link to anywhere that confirms BTB leaked details to a newspaper?

Good to see the email was acted upon. 
I've been led to believe that your board are maybe not quite as competent as I'd hoped. In normal circumstances this would be terminal. Hopefully it is here. 

f**k up, you had your chance to show us something and you gave us f**k all.

Arrrggh !!!  Sometimes I hate being a Bairn, this is one of them.   I joke to people who ask what team I support that I've been a Bairn since the late sixties and as a result my life has been nothing but pain and disappointment.  Of course there have been great times here and there and we might be on the cusp of great times ahead if Campbell's plan comes true.

BUT, after everything I've read on Pie and Bovril recently it seems very unlikely it's going to go ahead.   Rich (to be confirmed) and internet invisible guy comes from nowhere, offers to get rid of the board we all want booted, promises us what we have all been dreaming of and we are all in our sheds looking for pitchforks and torches.

It's about time something good happens for us fans who have put up with crap for years.  Please, please, please let this work.

bloody hell i'm actually starting to feel sorry for you lot, this boy sounds too good to be true but i genuinely hope someone across there gets their shit together, see's sense and the fans bid comes back on the table if/when this boy is found out

sounds like he's more interested in the associated investment potential (real estate) and would just hand off the football side while he concentrates on making his money, could be a win win but it's smelling fishy even for the seaside league down there 

9 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Is there a link to anywhere that confirms BTB leaked details to a newspaper?

Not that I can see. This is a copy and paste from a post made earlier today by KJ on the COYB FB page: 

Kenny Jamieson The Sun has reported on it this morning. Only fair that we tell fans that it's true and that it was us. The MSG/Board are in possession of the content and it's now up to them to investigate it. Hope that clarifies.

Kenny Jamieson I didn’t say we told the Sun. We told the club but as the Sun are now reporting it, we’re confirming it to fans, which is the right thing to do.

That seems fairly clear. They gave the club information, the info ended up with the Sun who ran what seems to be a non-story, and as a result they're now confirming publicly that info was passed to the club - but not the paper. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You must have the cheap google. Recommend the Dolphin Cafe by the docks for a fish supper, just below the bottom right hand corner of this map.

image.png.5bda6cc452c5b35d24fc26f452b1ab3a.png

That's a bit better!!

As for the rest of the shambles I have came back and read after my lunch: We truly are a shambles at the moment. Again no idea what to make of it all.............Something seems too good to be true and maybe it just is.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not that I can see. This is a copy and paste from a post made earlier today by KJ on the COYB FB page: 

Kenny Jamieson The Sun has reported on it this morning. Only fair that we tell fans that it's true and that it was us. The MSG/Board are in possession of the content and it's now up to them to investigate it. Hope that clarifies.

Kenny Jamieson I didn’t say we told the Sun. We told the club but as the Sun are now reporting it, we’re confirming it to fans, which is the right thing to do.

That seems fairly clear. They gave the club information, the info ended up with the Sun who ran what seems to be a non-story, and as a result they're now confirming publicly that info was passed to the club - but not the paper. 

So the information they gave to the Board is that Park won't become director of football until DD is done on both sides and the deal is done? Am I misunderstanding something?

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

So is their concern the fact that Park won't be taking up the role until the deal happens if it does? thats the only thing I read from seeing pictures of the Sun article.