The Falkirk FC Thread

I think some of us are allowing our mistrust of the msg to cloud our judgements here a bit.  As I said lets not forget we wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for the likes of Ritchie and Liddell. Why save the cub and then move it on to any old punter risking its entire future. Yes they've not had a great record of running the  football club but lets face it business men with far bigger empires than them have made a mess of running football teams .  Lets try and forget that side of things and look at whats actually happening now.  Alexander and Ritchie have both sold big companies before successfully so they should know what that entails and how that needs to be managed. I doubt Alexander sold Schuh to the first guy that turned up with a few quid and a powerpoint presentation.  

2 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Why is John Park "waiting to see if Campbell`s got the money" ? I thought they`ve been a "team" for a few months at least. Wasn`t he involved with Campbell in the Sunderland deal which would have required a shedload more cash than this takeover will, why the doubts now??? 

Is this based on the sun article? 

It's a nothing piece and just confirms that he wont start work until the deal has been concluded, which we already knew

4 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Why is John Park "waiting to see if Campbell`s got the money" ? I thought they`ve been a "team" for a few months at least. Wasn`t he involved with Campbell in the Sunderland deal which would have required a shedload more cash than this takeover will, why the doubts now??? 

I don't think he's waiting to see if hes got the money. He's waiting till the deal goes through.

2 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

The Sun have less credibility than Edi.

24 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Craig Whyte bought Rangers for £1. He didn’t need to have the money, he just pretended he did. 

Do you think Lex n co are leaving their seats for £1. Campbell needs to have the cash to buy them out or this dies in 2 weeks and everything has been pointless. 

Proper DD will be done whether ‘Honk Van Hell’ raises their concerns on P&B or not. 

None of us know if this guy is the real deal or not and we won’t until he’s in the chair but if he passes DD then surely it’s a risk worth taking?

Murray agreed to sell Rangers to Whyte for a pound if Whyte paid the debt back to the bank . Whyte had to provide proof of funds which he did by borrowing the money from Ticketus  against future ticket sales.

Murray was duped and he is a helluva lot smarter than Lex.

If proper DD is done then great but it will be one of the few things this BOD has done right in the last few years.

Just now, Hank von Hell said:

Murray was duped and he is a helluva lot smarter than Lex.

Murray didn't give a f**k so long as he got shot of his liabilities, the banks were after him big style.

5 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

The Americans and the Hibs guy are not promising to build a new stand, buy out another, set up an academy, new pitch ,hotel …… I cannot remember the rest.  They could well get a return on their investment - I can't see Marky boy ever getting his money back , he seems a very generous guy. 

Abramovich and The Sheiks is a stupid comparison 

Can you point me to an area where he promised to do anything? These are his plans and ideas. He would be foolish to promise to do any of them as we may still be in league one this time next season for all we know and thats with or without new players and more cash injected into the budget.  To me any of these things are a bonus over having a decent team playing in a league trying to get into the premier league with a bod who arent slagging the fans off every 5 mins.

I don't think he's waiting to see if hes got the money. He's waiting till the deal goes through.
The actual substance of that article is "John Park doesnt work for Falkirk FC yet because the takeover hasnt gone through".

Why its being presented as something other than that I dont know.

It's a funny situation this, Campbell seems to be desperate to buy a football team and the 3 clubs we know he's been interested in are clubs at their lowest ebb for a while. Bolton, Sunderland and us. All three would probably consider themselves to be upper 2nd tier/potentially lower top tier sides.

His plans are to give Falkirk fans everything we could realistically dream of for the club. In house elite academy, training ground, 4th stand and to aim to get top 6. I suppose if he did this successfully it should increase the value of the club accordingly so potentially wouldn't be losing money through this. Getting John Park on board gives him credibility as others have said.

Developing around the stadium could be huge if done correctly, at the moment it's a stadium in the middle of nowhere but if you make it more of a hub connected to the park and Kelpies etc then you could really be onto something. I think that's where he could make some real money out of this but I'm a bit puzzled by him saying that all of this money would go straight back into the club and making a profit would be 'nice'.

Hopefully he's just some football daft rich guy who wants to build a club up football manager style and in global terms, Falkirk would be a relatively cheap way to go about it.

Being a miserable suspicious b*****d though I can't shake the feeling that it all sounds too good to be true.

21 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

The Americans and the Hibs guy are not promising to build a new stand, buy out another, set up an academy, new pitch ,hotel …… I cannot remember the rest.  They could well get a return on their investment - I can't see Marky boy ever getting his money back , he seems a very generous guy. 

Abramovich and The Sheiks is a stupid comparison 

No he’s throwing all his money at Lawrence Shankland instead. What’s a better long term investment, a hotel in the central belt beside a tourist attraction or Lawrence Shankland. 

Why are they stupid comparisons? You said people with no affiliation to clubs don’t just throw money at them, I’m pointing out that they do. 

9 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

It’s all getting a bit repetitive. If he doesn’t have the money he won’t get the keys as the MSG will not be going anywhere until their pockets have been lined. 

Nobody knows if he’ll keep his promises if/when he takes over but he’ll have to go some to be worse than the current regime. If he is true to his word then things are going to get pretty exciting. 

This to me is the crux. Does any Bairn really believe the MSG are going to hand over the club without receiving full payment into their collective hips?

If he has the cash and buys the club, the majority of fans, including myself, get what they want....The MSG gone.

IMO this single act will see the majority of fans get behind the new owner. Mr Campbells vision for the club is certainly an ambitious one and if he is the real deal it could mean exciting times ahead for all Bairns.

I he doesn't pony up the cash to complete the deal he won't be buying the club anyway and all his proposed plans and promises will become irrelevant.

The spotlight will then quite rightly turn again turn to the MSG. Let's face it,  if they have got this one wrong there will be no hiding place....

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'm a bit puzzled by him saying that all of this money would go straight back into the club and making a profit would be 'nice'.

From the BBC.

Eventually, a financial return would be nice, but this is not a short-term project. It is a 10-year project.

From that I'm assuming he hopes to make his money by increasing the value of the club and eventually selling his stake.

35 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Your first problem is reading the sun.

37 minutes ago, champions said:

Is this based on the sun article? 

It's a nothing piece and just confirms that he wont start work until the deal has been concluded, which we already knew

The only mention of Park in the article.

But SunSport understands Park has made it clear he will not be involved until directors are satisfied and a concrete deal is in place with all parties.

"SunSport understands" = "We haven't talked to Park"

The due diligence thing works both ways, the complexity of the Council's areas of ownership could be the bigger stumbling block than Campbell proving his bona fides. 

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

From the BBC.

From that I'm assuming he hopes to make his money by increasing the value of the club and eventually selling his stake.

That makes sense and its what McCann did at Celtic. Maximise the potential of the stadium and the surrounding land. Put in sound management and financial controls on the business. Put a successful team on the park resulting in increased attendances , sponsorship , hospitality. Once he puts in a few years of consistent profits he cashes in and sells up. McCann was up front he would do that and walked off with a deserved profit leaving a sound business behind.

Is Campbell Falkirk's McCann ? wait and see I think.

7 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

who do we reckon will be in the starting midfield for the opening game and what formation will we play?

The only question mark for me is whether it’ll be Gomis or McShane but think he’ll go Gomis. The rest picks itself IMO. 

Bell

Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan, Dixon

Tidser, Gomis, Telfer, Connolly

McManus, Sammon

4-4-2 Diamond