The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
"We can't find anything substantial about this guy's pedigree as a businessman"
"Ah! He MUST be trustworthy then"! Open your wallets everyone!"

You should be praying for this. Our cast off quality will surely improve.

I'm still high on Paul Paton's musky fumes for the time being. I'll be sure to want more when he's towing caravans in November.

I'm still high on Paul Paton's musky fumes for the time being. I'll be sure to want more when he's towing caravans in November.
Best get some catching nets sorted. 2 years from now we'll be firing Championship winners out of a Versace trebuchet across the Forth

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

Did he confirm that he was personally providing all of the funds for this? Or is he fronting for others? And yes, I understand I could ask this on Twitter

It's all him, no consortium involved apparently.

So if your so smart when do you trust him. I know wealthy individuals who have little or no visibility. Not everything is in the public domain. Let’s face it the MSG will not sell their shares unless they get paid.

Did he confirm that he was personally providing all of the funds for this? Or is he fronting for others? And yes, I understand I could ask this on Twitter

It’s just him.

Got to say I am completely on the fence with this whole thing. I get all the arguments for being extremely cautious of this guy but will we ever trust anyone apart from our own fans? It just all seems incredibly bizarre that this guy would go to these lengths if he is not legit. Also what does he gain in coming in to a club with no assets to strip? No one seems to have come up with anything concrete that says he’s a well known con man and has ripped folk off his whole life. In New York he is probably a small fish in a huge pond so maybe this is just an ego trip back where sports clubs are cheaper?

Has anything come out of the meeting he has had with the BTB guys?

I will confess to not knowing - or really caring - if this fella is above board or not.

However, I am sure all sane Falkirk fans will be asking what his true intentions are for the club. I'd be suspicious of anyone getting involved in football ownership at any level, when there is so rarely any financial return. No businessman is throwing away money for no reason, so they either feel the club can generate significant profits or feel owning the club will benefit them in some other way.

I think you'd have been better with the fans in charge but I'm maybe just sentimental.

6 minutes ago, brokeville said:

So if your so smart when do you trust him. I know wealthy individuals who have little or no visibility. Not everything is in the public domain. Let’s face it the MSG will not sell their shares unless they get paid.

And I can't see Sunderland opening up their books to him over 2 or three months if they didn't have evidence he was serious.

I've made a Fantasy League for Falkirk fans on the New Fantasy Scotland app,

The League Code is OR3TXVBJ 

Once you've joined give me a DM on Twitter and I'll add you into a Group chat for the League, my name on Twitter is the Same as it is on here, but just in case there's anyone cutting about with the same name as me I've got 319 followers and  the last thing in my bio is 'Support your Local!'

Just now, Falkirk Till_ I Die said:

I've made a Fantasy League for Falkirk fans on the New Fantasy Scotland app,

The League Code is OR3TXVBJ 

Once you've joined give me a DM on Twitter and I'll add you into a Group chat for the League, my name on Twitter is the Same as it is on here, but just in case there's anyone cutting about with the same name as me I've got 319 followers and  the last thing in my bio is 'Support your Local!'

Oh forgot there's no _ in my twitter name, it's simply 'Falkirk Till I Die' Followed by a Scotland Flag

Asked why someone who has real estate company in New York and England and no background in football would be interested in the sport, Campbell said: "Eventually, a financial return would be nice, but this is not a short-term project. It is a 10-year project.

"The club needs to be promoted this season. Is there a business plan in place if we don't get promoted? Yes, but the aim has to be that we go up this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49152156

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seeing as I have you here how many Ex Bairns remain at EEP?

Have you actually?If your "having been to" experiences are  trips to a football stadium, don't bother extending this reply chain any longer because it doesn't qualify you for comment.

I can confirm that I am fully qualified to comment.
I stand by the comment 100%
I will also conclude the reply chain at that.

Thing is, being cautious costs us and Mr Campbell nothing at all. No-one is talking about boycotts or refusing to go to matches in protest at him becoming the next owner of FFC.

When people say we need to back the guy, what does that actually mean? It probably means nothing more than buying STs and going PATG. Beyond that, BtB’S fund raising muscle might be of interest at some point. 

Its damn near certain that a Falkirk supporter being hypercritical of the guy at this stage, and a Falkirk supporter extolling his virtues will both be contributing exactly the same to the Falkirk cause.......their entrance money to games.

On 29/07/2019 at 14:00, Gaz FFC said:

I can't see the council allowing us to build a hotel on our land when they will probably build 1 on the gateway land.

Isn't 1 supposed to be built between Alexander Avenue and our stadium next to the fire station?

Last plan I saw had flats in that spot, even a lake in the middle to deal with/disguise the flooding. 

On 29/07/2019 at 14:14, gav-ffc said:

Any truth in the rumor of a monorail from BTW to the south stand?

As far as I heard it will go straight into behind the goals with automated ticket barriers for season ticket holders.