The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What are people expecting, someone asked?

Link me to his coffee company's website

Name the 'hotel chain' he bought and sold at a profit 

Explain why a divorce would mean he has little to no record online

If his end game is to build a hotel, buy and sell land around the stadium or build out space within the stadium which can be rented out, explain why he wanted to buy Sunderland, which is a complete shit tip with no tourist attractions whatsoever

Give some reasoning for why his main company website was made on the same day he made his pitch to the board, contains a generic picture and a blank contact form with nothing else on it whatsoever, and give me detail on why it was made using Squarespace, a build your own website style thing which is advertised on every podcast going

The whole thing seems ludicrous to me. 

Some good questions. If you are on Twitter you could maybe ask him cos I doubt anyone on here has the answers. 

If his end game is to build a hotel, buy and sell land around the stadium or build out space within the stadium which can be rented out, explain why he wanted to buy Sunderland, which is a complete shit tip with no tourist attractions whatsoever
Give some reasoning for why his main company website was made on the same day he made his pitch to the board, contains a generic picture and a blank contact form with nothing else on it whatsoever, and give me detail on why it was made using Squarespace, a build your own website style thing which is advertised on every podcast going

May aswell try and get an answer from him on Twitter. No point spouting here where no one will really pay attention.

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why didn't you ask him?

May aswell try and get an answer from him on Twitter. No point spouting here where no one will really pay attention.
When you say no one will pay attention, presumably you mean no one on here can possibly answer on Campbells behalf, nor should anyone attempt to?

Sunderland may be a manky hole of a place in general (no potential for developing land/ stadium as far as I know) but you can see the comparisons between the two clubs sitting at League 1 level. Buy in 'on the cheap' and sell on when they're 'back where they belong' in the top league. If he's confident he can get his investment to stack up over the next 10 years between all of the above plus stadium naming rights etc I'd treat the investment with cautious optimism. 

If he was prepared to buy in to Sunderland I'd be pretty surprised if he hasn't got the 7-10 million quid he'd need for a bit of development and investment for ourselves by comparison (Jack Rodwell's wage alone was £3.5m last season). My main question would be exactly how he intends to recoup his investment? 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

It is a bit wierd nobody (myself inc) can find a link to this mail order coffee site, they must have a website if the r taking orders.

It's only just been registered as a business, doesn't appear to be up and running yet. Nothing very suspicious about that. And as has been said, if his money came from private property deals there wouldn't necessarily be an easily traceable internet trail. Lots of people make money in property without needing an online presence.

It's only just been registered as a business, doesn't appear to be up and running yet. Nothing very suspicious about that. And as has been said, if his money came from private property deals there wouldn't necessarily be an easily traceable internet trail. Lots of people make money in property without needing an online presence.

Didnt he say yesterday he has made some of his money from the coffee business?...wasnt there but sure someone mentioned that.

It is a bit wierd nobody (myself inc) can find a link to this mail order coffee site, they must have a website if the r taking orders.
Might be a bit simplistic this maybe you have tried it already but with all the location based search algorithms etc, it might be worth using a US VPN?

14 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Didnt he say yesterday he has made some of his money from the coffee business?...wasnt there but sure someome mentioned that.

Don't know, but there could be a connection with this lot. https://twitter.com/kobrickcoffee . One of the directors of the Brooklyn Coffee Company used to work for them, before setting up his own cafe selling their coffee.

Edited by welshbairn

Might be a bit simplistic this maybe you have tried it already but with all the location based search algorithms etc, it might be worth using a US VPN?
Possibly, but plenty other NY based coffee sites/shops show up.

Not claiming conman status on him at all but still a few things need to cleared up IMO.

2 hours ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Falkirk's just another run-of-the-mill shite town in Scotland, very like Greenock actually. It hasn't "got" anything going for it. A fucking statue of a horse isn't going to entice anyone to come support Falkirk.

Aye, very good. I think you may be missing the point somewhat.

Ask him on twitter

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/live-falkirk-fans-q-a-with-mark-campbell-1-4973223/amp?__twitter_impression=true

In the wee video half way down the page he says "most of my money has came from coffee and real estate" so fair to say his coffee company has been goin a while , no?.