The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, brokeville said:

The more people are digging and basically getting nowhere would suggest that this guy ‘could’ be the real deal. 

It should be a massive red flag to all Falkirk fans that they are getting nowhere in regards to his background.

7 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

So you are looking at an outlay of 10-15 million minimum which you need to recoup plus a profit at the end. Unless you are looking at a massively long term view and want to say have a hotel and facilities that generate 1m a year for many years. 

The RoR on this project has to be extremely high risk. 

This.

The costs on buying the stadium, building a hotel, running a youth academy, putting a team together on and off the pitch that can make Falkirk consistently one of the Top 6 clubs in the SPFL are massive - I don't see any profit made on selling these things on covering the initial outlay and running costs.

The more people are digging and basically getting nowhere would suggest that this guy ‘could’ be the real deal. It’s now time for the supporters that haven’t renewed to get down and back the club. The money will supplement the squad. We need to get out this league in 1 season to allow all the plans to kick in. You know who you are and the shops open.
Its no secret who we are, we havent exactly kept quiet about it.

As above, when they are out, il be back in

27 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Greenock can't be that bad given the amount of cruise ships that pile into it.

Terrible example IMO.  Invergordon has cruise ships queuing up to get into the port, and its an utter fucking cunthole.  There's always 20 odd coaches waiting to bus the passengers straight out of there and down into the trendy and urban Inverness.  Plus places like Loch Ness, Ullapool, Forts Augustus and William for day trips.

28 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Ok I present to you 2 businesses. 

Business 1 is in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, has a half finished stadium that it doesn’t fully own, boycotting fans and no functioning youth academy to generate income. 

Business 2 is the 6th best club in the country, owns a fully finished stadium with hotel attached and a successful academy. 

Which business is more valuable? 

I appreciate there’s a lot of big IF’s and a massive amount to be done to get anywhere near where he’s talking about but if he’s successful his business is surely now much more valuable?

Business 2 is more valuable but why would you buy it as in that prospective scenario it would already be at its peak with nowhere else to realistically go/grow to. 

This, alongside any debts accrued getting there (or building hotels and indoor facilities etc) would negate the return on investment.

43 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Why bother?

Indeed - but I have concerns about someone who doesn't appear to have verifiable bona fides, far too many people on here are just taking some random Kenny Rogers lookalike word as gospel without considering the potential consequences.

Business 2 is more valuable but why would you buy it as in that prospective scenario it would already be at its peak with nowhere else to realistically go/grow to. 
This, alongside any debts accrued getting there (or building hotels and indoor facilities etc) would negate the return on investment.

Business 2 would be fucking class for money laundering IMO*, so theres that market for us to tap into.

*Might need some sunbeds.

We have the car wash for money laundering already. That's probably why he opted for us.
And here we are... Finally fought our way to the outside of the box and it all becomes clear.....

We are basically an upmarket Livingston now.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Business 2 would be fucking class for money laundering IMO*, so theres that market for us to tap into.

*Might need some sunbeds.

We've no sunbeds, and seem to be managing just fine.

20 minutes ago, drs said:

Indeed - but I have concerns about someone who doesn't appear to have verifiable bona fides, far too many people on here are just taking some random Kenny Rogers lookalike word as gospel without considering the potential consequences.

See, this is clearly just what you want to see.

The vast majority of posters here are EXTREMELY cautious about this guy.

He said the key thing yesterday we are the only club up for sale with no debt, he could have bought into Bolton, bury etc but they are  riddled with debt there’s the attraction he doesn’t need to pump millions into a club just to pay off their debt. Then have the added hassle. Way I see it clean slate club at lowest ebb no debt only way is up.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

And that profit has to be something greater than "current purchase price plus investment in playing side plus investment in developing locale of the ground".

So you are looking at an outlay of 10-15 million minimum which you need to recoup plus a profit at the end. Unless you are looking at a massively long term view and want to say have a hotel and facilities that generate 1m a year for many years. 

The RoR on this project has to be extremely high risk. 

£10-£15million is a complete guess so why make that up? 

Why are we suddenly the only club that the owner needs to make a profit? How much profit has any other owner of any other club made? 

If he’s true to his word then we are going places and he’ll have plenty opportunity to make some money back. If he’s not then he’ll struggle to get in the door.

Greenock can't be that bad given the amount of cruise ships that pile into it.

Having been to both places, I can confirm that whilst Falkirk is no Beverly Hills, It’s less of a shitehole and has a wee bit more going for it

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am fed up with this.

Why can my club not just so things sensibly without a drama, the Hibs takeover a month or so ago as an example.

By all means appoint the guy as PB, do the DD and only then let him lose on the supporters once it is completed.

The beauty parade of yesterday will go down like the Michael Knighton keepy up as being up there if this goes wrong.

Have we not been made a c**t of enough?

Totally this. What a waste of time if he gets p****d off at the MSG (very possible) and tells them to jam it up their pipe.

I’m struggling to get my head around it all. I hope it is what he’s telling us and we have actually got lucky for a change but those meetings yesterday from a guy who’s miles away from owning the club. Slightly ahead of themselves. 

Im sure he said the hotel was Maddison Avenue NYC for whoever was wondering.

55 minutes ago, drs said:

We seem to be considering every consequence apart from the one where this actually works and has been what we’ve all been waiting for 🤷🏼‍♂️

What are people expecting, someone asked?

Link me to his coffee company's website

Name the 'hotel chain' he bought and sold at a profit 

Explain why a divorce would mean he has little to no record online

If his end game is to build a hotel, buy and sell land around the stadium or build out space within the stadium which can be rented out, explain why he wanted to buy Sunderland, which is a complete shit tip with no tourist attractions whatsoever

Give some reasoning for why his main company website was made on the same day he made his pitch to the board, contains a generic picture and a blank contact form with nothing else on it whatsoever, and give me detail on why it was made using Squarespace, a build your own website style thing which is advertised on every podcast going

The whole thing seems ludicrous to me. 

Edited by Marshmallo