The Falkirk FC Thread

The assertion that John Park could only bring these guys in because it was Celtic is missing out the horses for courses principle. Celtic bring in talent and sell on to Southampton, or similar because thats the next financial step up.

We would be looking to bring in talent to sell to the level above us. Its totally erronenous to suggest Park cant do the same job. You just have to scale it properly. Of course we wont get a Van Dijk. We got a Vaulks though. Its all about proportion.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The assertion that John Park could only bring these guys in because it was Celtic is missing out the horses for courses principle. Celtic bring in talent and sell on to Southampton, or similar because thats the next financial step up.

We would be looking to bring in talent to sell to the level above us. Its totally erronenous to suggest Park cant do the same job. You just have to scale it properly. Of course we wont get a Van Dijk. We got a Vaulks though. Its all about proportion.

Of course it is all about proportion, I understand that and I'm sure he will bring in talent relevant to our size and wage bill.

My point was that there are people on here stating MC would get his investment back by making millions off player sales because John Park is coming. As someone else pointed out he's fishing in a different pond now , credit to him for taking on the challenge though.

The thing is just because we cant see his wealth, doesnt mean it isnt there f**k i cant even see the sheikh of Qatars wealth but its still there in regards to Man City, if you had a shit load of millions and i asked where you got it would you tell me same principle in the end i just suppose we are concerned for the club and future and dare say being nosy b*****ds about it.

There is a model there in buying and selling players on Celtic paid what 450k for dembele and sold him for 22million if you can produce an academy selling that are you going to moan

Can I put a question out there? Would anyone be unhappy with The Brooklyn Coffee Co Falkirk Stadium in exchange for the club owning the main stand outright?

PS I've put no thought into the value of such a deal, just puting it out there as a hypothetical. Having the stadium name would be a decent investment if he has eyes on expanding that brand over here. We're already getting a branded coffee shop, so seems he is keen to.
Brooklyn Ville sounds good

4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Of course it is all about proportion, I understand that and I'm sure he will bring in talent relevant to our size and wage bill.

My point was that there are people on here stating MC would get his investment back by making millions off player sales because John Park is coming. As someone else pointed out he's fishing in a different pond now , credit to him for taking on the challenge though.

I am as cautious as everyone else when it comes to this guy however I don't think he actually expects to make that much money from the football side. I think he sees the potential in the site more than anything football related. Hotel down there would surly give him a return on investment given its location? I am sure I read he had plans to invest in other ventures on the site potentially residential given his background? They have also spoke about concerts and events not sure what the turnover is on those though. Guess we will just have to wait and see if he passes the DD first.

We have had so many false dawns and promises as a club can understand why people are  sceptical end of the day its just another owner and another load of promises to be broken. We sell ourselves massively short as a nation let alone area. With what Falkirk has as a whole including the football team, the distilleries, falkirk wheeel, kelpies etc yet we have one of the most inept councils which brings me onto our situation if his plan comes good we averaged about 4000 last season sitting at the bottom i would imagine if we were successful then folk would come back your talking say another 1000-1500 per week.

I dont think John Park would tarnish his rep with being involved and he wouldnt have done the powerpoint with vision for the future our current board dont have the capital or will to do what MC is proposing.

All we can do is back the plan as much as we can but be ready to help the club out IF it f**ks up again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49152156

Edited by AL-FFC

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
12 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:
Can I put a question out there? Would anyone be unhappy with The Brooklyn Coffee Co Falkirk Stadium in exchange for the club owning the main stand outright?

PS I've put no thought into the value of such a deal, just puting it out there as a hypothetical. Having the stadium name would be a decent investment if he has eyes on expanding that brand over here. We're already getting a branded coffee shop, so seems he is keen to.

Brooklyn Ville sounds good

How about Brookville Park ?

My concern is I cant get my head round why he wants to do this. He says he isnt interested in making money out of the venture. Why not?  He states that all profits from the hotel, new stand etc would be ploughed straight back into the club. If he'd said look I'll make money off the development and I can help the club at the same time then it would've sounded far more plausible. Lets face it I wouldnt give a feck if he made a killing off development whilst the club also benefited. I just don't see why he wants involved apart from the fact he just wants to own a football team and if thats reason then ok but he must be mad. Had a great chat with the guy after yesterdays meeting and he comes across fine but it just seems strange to me the whole thing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My concern is I cant get my head round why he wants to do this. He says he isnt interested in making money out of the venture. Why not?  He states that all profits from the hotel, new stand etc would be ploughed straight back into the club. If he'd said look I'll make money off the development and I can help the club at the same time then it would've sounded far more plausible. Lets face it I wouldnt give a feck if he made a killing off development whilst the club also benefited. I just don't see why he wants involved apart from the fact he just wants to own a football team and if thats reason then ok but he must be mad.

Agree.  It raises questions about his integrity and credibility for me that he gave that answer.  I'd be quite comfortable if he said he wanted to keep a rent going (like sandy Alexander on the ss), or  keep all/most of the profits from the side developments. To suggest he's here out the goodness of his heart is fanciful and simply not true.

That said, while I still have concerns, I hope some of these details will be clarified further over the coming weeks and we can move forward as a change is desperately needed at the top. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

On a positive note, amongst this den of negativity, it’s good that Park and Campbell agree it’s naive to start a league campaign with a squad of 18, some of who are injured.

Thats more than can be said of our current custodians.

Yeah what happened to this covering the budget till new owners come in.  August 31st is far too late.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah what happened to this covering the budget till new owners come in.  August 31st is far too late.

JP did say he had some targets lined up but where he thinks need strengthened and RM thinks needs strengthened may differ and they might only have 2-3 days to get the signings done.

15 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

Agree.  It raises questions about his integrity and credibility for me that he gave that answer.  I'd be quite comfortable if he said he wanted to keep a rent going (like sandy Alexander on the ss), or  keep all/most of the profits from the side developments. To suggest he's here out the goodness of his heart is fanciful and simply not true.

That said, while I still have concerns, I hope some of these details will be clarified further over the coming weeks and we can move forward as a change is desperately needed at the top. 

I feel that we underrate the non-tangible/non-financial aspects of owning a football team, but does he seem like a guy that can afford to do it for the prestige or for a laugh?