The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Can I put a question out there? Would anyone be unhappy with The Brooklyn Coffee Co Falkirk Stadium in exchange for the club owning the main stand outright?

PS I've put no thought into the value of such a deal, just puting it out there as a hypothetical. Having the stadium name would be a decent investment if he has eyes on expanding that brand over here. We're already getting a branded coffee shop, so seems he is keen to.

Anything is better than the deal we have with the council.

Anyone got a link to this mail order coffee company's website? Must be pretty high profile and easy to find if it gives you 7m disposable income to sink into a League One Scottish football team.

He’ll have made most of his money from the US real estate deals imho, especially if they have been hotel chains as he mentioned.

He’ll have made most of his money from the US real estate deals imho, especially if they have been hotel chains as he mentioned.

The guy allegedly grew up in England , someone will know about his character / history etc . I’m convinced Bairns minded sleuths cover the UK and can undertake the kind of due diligence we really need . Who is he what’s his background and how trust worthy is he. !

I might be wrong but I’m not seeing any dirt with any substance being thrown up. 

Sometimes good things happen to clubs and maybe this is our turn?

If he’s true to his word we are about to embark on a really exciting time. If not then we aren’t really in a place where we’ve got much to lose. 

If all he does is get rid of the terrible 6 and bring John Park to our club then he’s already improved us. 

3 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Aye, maybe. I think Kilmarnock have a hotel at their ground that makes money?

If it is all about the land around the stadium then surely it doesn't matter a f**k if we're in the top league or the seasides...?

We don't need a fourth stand in the championship, never mind league 1, if we were happy littering around the championship then grass also isn't a big issue either

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Hard to remember everything that is said at these events but that summary does confirm that he's dodged a couple of questions.

The one flashback I got was John Park discussing teams this season will come playing 4-5-1 and 5-4-1 making it difficult for us to break them down, then someone piped up with that's our formation for now !!

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

Can I put a question out there? Would anyone be unhappy with The Brooklyn Coffee Co Falkirk Stadium in exchange for the club owning the main stand outright?

PS I've put no thought into the value of such a deal, just puting it out there as a hypothetical. Having the stadium name would be a decent investment if he has eyes on expanding that brand over here. We're already getting a branded coffee shop, so seems he is keen to.

I'll be surprised if it doesnt come soon, Livi, Hamilton and St Mirren have all changed name in recent years. I suppose its easier when its a new ground as there is no real heart strings plucked of the name you have had for less than 10 or so years.

If it brings in the £s, they could call it what they want

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I would think 99% of ordinary shareholders are in it the for love and not the money.

Pretty much my thoughts.

When I bought them it wasn't an investment but an opportunity.

It goes with my brick, my son's name plate on the stairs and my ST that I've had every season since I started working.

#superfan

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We don't need a fourth stand in the championship, never mind league 1, if we were happy littering around the championship then grass also isn't a big issue either

The one flashback I got was John Park discussing teams this season will come playing 4-5-1 and 5-4-1 making it difficult for us to break them down, then someone piped up with that's our formation for now !!

I'll be surprised if it doesnt come soon, Livi, Hamilton and St Mirren have all changed name in recent years. I suppose its easier when its a new ground as there is no real heart strings plucked of the name you have had for less than 10 or so years.

If it brings in the £s, they could call it what they want

I agree.

What w****r actually uses the sponsors name anyway when they are talking about going?

When we play Livi away I don't ever ask my mates if they're going to the xxxxxxxxx. I just ask if they're going to Livi. But I'm not a complete melt.

Folk use a ton of different names for our stadium already with Bairnabeu, Westfield, TFS and Brockville all getting used regularly.

If he wants to make a few quid calling it something only the media will ever use then knock yourself out.

We need a fourth stand, we need a completed stadium. We need to look like proper football club. An open end is disgrace.

If this guy builds us a fourth stand and nothing else, he’ll be a bone fide Falkirk hero in my eyes. 

I can also see why the MSG went for this guy over BTB, we all need hope, not 1500 people making up the Sandy Alexander soft loan money 

For Bairnardo

For me the biggest risk we are exposed to is no improvement on the football side, and opportunity lost on the real estate side. 

Here’s why I feel this way:

1. The investment potential in our club, purely relates to the developable land. If the club ever sells that land or gets into a bad deal regarding its usage then that’s a huge opportunity stolen from us. The land has residual value, it would get an instant uplift from just getting planning consent. The club could make money out of just selling land and splitting a planning gain. But ideally you want to own the asset that gets put on it and earn forever on the income it can generate. 

2. The no improvement thing is highly unlikely , I would say but a possibility none the less. As with the current owners, as he has the majority stake you couldn’t even force him to put money in from club revenue.

All in the very little to loose here. The question is really this. Do we believe that this guy has a greater ability to implement the development of the stadium as strategic advantage for the club, and is is more able to speculatively fund the football side of the business than the incumbents. 

For me the incumbents have proven unable to achieve these crucial points. So I’d be inclined to give full support to Mark Campbell’s consortium. That being said, thought he’s unlikely to agree to a similar dilution of control, there must still be a play for BtB to act as a fans body with representation on his new board.