The Falkirk FC Thread

A Brooklyn Coffee Shop perhaps?

His coffee business is mail order I was told. You subscribe (monthly fee) and you get your coffee delivered. (May have that wrong but don’t think it is retail/shop based)

How did they gauge him ? or the general feeling.

At least this morning he acknowledged the divide and said he cant do it without the fans on board and backing the club.

Not really anything more than I posted earlier. All looks decent on paper but meat on the bone required.

He certainly has big plans that will take a good bit of funding. For example the Main Stand (last time I heard) was on the council books north of £10m. That won’t come cheap. Building a 4th stand, hotel, academy and buying the SS won’t be buttons either.

Just see how it all pans out.

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not really anything more than I posted earlier. All looks decent on paper but meat on the bone required.

He certainly has big plans that will take a good bit of funding. For example the Main Stand (last time I heard) was on the council books north of £10m. That won’t come cheap. Building a 4th stand, hotel, academy and buying the SS won’t be buttons either.

Thing is the council thing can be played 2 ways. They are under pressure to plug a black hole so they will either sell it which they do away with another building requiring maintenance and land about it, so they can get it at a decent price to benefit both parties and/or worse case scenario if the Labour side and Billy Buchanan have anything to do with it they will make the price so astronomical that Billys extra terrestrial friends will be reporting a near miss on their UFO.

Edited by AL-FFC

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Surely SA will just donate the SS to the club?? :unsure2:

Just now, Taxi for De Massis said:

It's Kenny Rogers right? That's who I see on the picture

Well he did say that he and his wife had split, at which point Brian Stewart asked him if her name was Lucille! :lol:

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think I saw a post which showed evidence that our potential new owner was a director of five dissolved companies. Add a couple of new ones being created just before he was awarded preferred bidder status and it sets alarm bells ringing. .

I wouldn’t worry about these points too much - there are lots of reasons that could be the case.  If he thought he was likely to proceed he’d probably set up a newco just for that purpose.  And plenty of people have been directors of companies that subsequently dissolve (legitimately) - me included.   If it’s possible to see why they dissolved - eg were they subject to insolvency proceeding - that might be more of a concern.

Good feedback on the meetings all, much appreciated.  As for me, I’m cautious.  Not because I think there’s anything untoward now, but because I’m always wary of single outright ownership.  Someone mentioned Calum Melville earlier in the thread, and that’s my concern - a brief good period followed by being left in the shit.

My miserable approach, I think - look at the potential downside.  Can he asset strip?  No, the only real asset we have is the neighbouring land and that’s worthless if we can’t use it.  Could he leave us in the lurch/lose interest?  Yes, but then we wouldn’t be any worse off than now.  Could he saddle us with debt?  Yes - that would be a concern for me.

I’d like to see a board with fan representation and some sort of protection around indebtedness, but that’s difficult to do.  A club with no assets and minimal profitability isn’t a great bet for lenders in any case I guess.

Ultimately we can say what we like on here - it’s up to whether the MSG want to sell.  Campbell will have his diligence to do (will mostly be legal I’d imagine, around the land and ownership potential of the rest of the stadium).  Board won’t be doing much on him other than what their solicitors need to do to ensure Campbell meets anti money-laundering checks.

Edited by Disco Duck

I have to say Campbell put my mind a bit more at ease tonight in terms of who he is but I’m still cautious.

Whether his intentions are good or not I’m still wary of a single person aiming to own 62-70% of the club. Interested to hear who the additional 5-8% of shares he believes are also available to him? It would be ideal if there was an agreement at some point to give more shares to a BtB scheme, even just for the ‘supporters’ parliament side of things.

I have to say Campbell put my mind a bit more at ease tonight in terms of who he is but I’m still cautious.

Whether his intentions are good or not I’m still wary of a single person aiming to own 62-70% of the club. Interested to hear who the additional 5-8% of shares he believes are also available to him? It would be ideal if there was an agreement at some point to give more shares to a BtB scheme, even just for the ‘supporters’ parliament side of things.

Paul Healey has c7%

Question for those shareholders on here - if MC were to offer for your shares at the same price the MSG are getting (not that I know what that is) would you sell?

No

17 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Question for those shareholders on here - if MC were to offer for your shares at the same price the MSG are getting (not that I know what that is) would you sell?

I would think 99% of ordinary shareholders are in it the for love and not the money.

Unless someone was unlucky enough to be going through a hard time atm and so was looking for a quick buck, I doubt many would sell.

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I would think 99% of ordinary shareholders are in it the for love and not the money.

Unless someone was unlucky enough to be going through a hard time atm and so was looking for a quick buck, I doubt many would sell.

A fair point.  A slightly different question - if he had to secure say 90% of shares (iirc you can force the last 10% to sell), or he walks away - would you sell then?

(Hypothetical, I should emphasise)

Edited by Disco Duck