The Falkirk FC Thread

I made the full of the later meeting, I only caught half of the earlier one tho discussed outside with folk who were there for it all.

He touched on the undeveloped land surrounding the stadium and hinted he has a couple of projects in mind which he cant say much about at the moment, I'd guess he wants to build up the area with varying businesses.

I hope the deal goes through asap tbh as the longer it goes on, the less chance we will have to reap the initial benefits on the park. I have to say he comes across well, two meetings today to cater for various fans and driving back to London afterwards shows he isn't like the old owners recently putting the recent EGM on a time which made it difficult for some/most.

Its easy to slag the previous owners/MSG with last season especially and previous seasons but Mr Campbell does seem pretty proactive and wants clarity between him and the fans, he wasnt afraid to mention they have plans in place if we dont go up this season and 3 or 4 seasons in the championship as they know its not an easy league to get out of. 

As said earlier, talk is cheap but its refreshing to hear an open vision than the mess that will be leaving the club hopefully soon

26 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Wait... what?! He didn’t really say that did he?

Aye am pretty sure i heard right and he did suppose when you look at it its cheaper to get a Scottish team up the leagues and how many milions would he have to pump in Sunderland to get them to the English Premiership

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He touched on the undeveloped land surrounding the stadium and hinted he has a couple of projects in mind which he cant say much about at the moment, I'd guess he wants to build up the area with varying businesses.

A Brooklyn Coffee Shop perhaps?

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'd like to know more about his plans for the existing parts of the stadium. He's obviously buying SA's shares but will we continue to pay circa £75K pa rent for the SS? As already mentioned, getting the council out of the Main Stand won't be easy - has the complexity of this been made clear?  The 4th stand is irrelevant really, certainly the type he described anyway, as getting access to the hospitality aspects of the Main Stand will always be the better option. Maybe he just means buying this part of the stadium from the council - they continue to have their offices?

I'd be happier if he was clearer about his aims - saying he wants to get us up to 6th spot "where we should be" is all very nice but it's flannel and means nothing to a non-football businessman.  It should be about pounds, shillings and pence - how much is he investing, how much does he expect in return and on what timescale? 

Would he be open to a fans buy-out in a few years when he's got his money and a reasonable profit out?

I really wish I could go back tonight and ask those questions. Any chance someone here could?

A couple of people tonight skirted around the issue of 'what's in it for him'? His reply was to also skirt around it by reiterating his plans for the club and in getting us to the Premier. That's his motivation apparently.

A rather handsome, slightly older gentleman then asked outright: 'do you plan to make money from the club, either for you personally or for your company'? He gave a resounding no. I have to say that this concerned me a wee bit as I just can't see why he would do all of this out of the goodness of his heart. I would have been much happier if he said something like; 'Of course we're here to make money, but we aim to do this by making the club richer too, so just enjoy the ride.' or words to that effect.

I genuinely don’t know what to make of this fella. I do know change is needed, and what I’ve read so far is exciting, however im not going to jump the gun and say I’m persuaded yet, I trust BTBs to give us their opinions on this once they’ve met the guy and still 100% back them.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

A couple of people tonight skirted around the issue of 'what's in it for him'? His reply was to also skirt around it by reiterating his plans for the club and in getting us to the Premier. That's his motivation apparently.

A rather handsome, slightly older gentleman then asked outright: 'do you plan to make money from the club, either for you personally or for your company'? He gave a resounding no. I have to say that this concerned me a wee bit as I just can't see why he would do all of this out of the goodness of his heart. I would have been much happier if he said something like; 'Of course we're here to make money, but we aim to do this by making the club richer too, so just enjoy the ride.' or words to that effect.

Build it up make it a more sellable asset , hotel, functioning academy, venue used for concerts etc and "HOPEFULLY" premiership team makes more money when selling it on 

Edited by AL-FFC

37 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Good question George well put, one that I’ve been hoping someone would ask.

Yeah, I’m underwhelmed by his answer......seems a big drop from a 160m acquisition of Sunderland to a 2m (tbc) buyout of Falkirk BoD. 

Why......?

Edited by HonestAl

My take on it is that he is looking to invest in the whole club for 7 to 10 years, in his words, take nothing out and then sell up when the time is right. That is when he will see the profit. Problem will be the price he will be looking for then will be well more than a btb style bid could afford if he builds all his developments. That will be when the wheels come off. He did say let's enjoy it together! Remember he is a property developer who sells stuff for profit!

I noticed that one of the directors of his coffee company is a guy bell, hes classed as a Us lawyer, and Campbell refers to us lawyer coming on board. This chap bell also runs a Manhattan based sports management company. Potentially could we be used to promote some us based football players?

6 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Any idea when we can expect to hear from Mark Campbell on FTV, or John Park for that matter?

Definitely happy to hear that the current BOD will no longer be a part of things. If the remainder of the share is for fans, does this mean BtB will take that chunk?

1 minute ago, champions said:

I noticed that one of the directors of his coffee company is a guy bell, hes classed as a Us lawyer, and Campbell refers to us lawyer coming on board. This chap bell also runs a Manhattan based sports management company. Potentially could we be used to promote some us based football players?

Doubt Tom Brady will be up for it.

Its weird we havent had anymore of those who are saying he is a conman, dont take this man at face value etc back on giving it its all a fake and con artist today since we have all met him oh and david nelson whoever he is.

He mentioned this morning he was a taxpaying resident of the UK and the US and when he returns to UK he will no longer have to pay tax on the US his businesses will have to be taxed somewhere, might be something to do with that his money will be coming to the UK and HMRC will want to know what and how much.

he also said this morning he wants to heal the division between the club and fans and had met with Kenny and David before this mornings meeting

He didn’t meet David it was Keith and Kenny

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

He didn’t meet David it was Keith and Kenny

How did they gauge him ? or the general feeling.

At least this morning he acknowledged the divide and said he cant do it without the fans on board and backing the club.