The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

John Park will be fishing in a completely different pond compared to when he was at Celtic with nowhere near the same finances at his disposal.  Houstie was Scout at Celtic and when he came to us he didn't look much further than the M8 corridor.

Think everyone appreciates the finances are just a little bit different to Celtic however I don't think that'll affect his ability to spot a few decent wee plers.

I think we are right to be sceptical, after all as Bairns fans we have not exactly been used to unexpectedly positive things happening to our team.   But if this guy is going to spend £7 million on us, that is peanuts to an investor buying a football club.  If he is a property investor in America, he could have made that money if a small handful of property sales.

What I am trying to say is, in the scheme of things he is not offering outlandish amounts of money, which we would be rightly suspicious of.  He is proposing a relatively small amount over a five year period. £7 million to the likes of you and me is an enormous amount, but to people looking to own a professional football team that is pocket change.

I think we can be less suspicious and a little more welcoming.

I will remain cautious thanks

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I will remain cautious thanks

From posts made on COYB it appears a meeting has taken place between reps of BTB and Mark Campbell.

Can you guys tell us anything or do you have any plans to make a statement over the coming days?

PS I share your caution. I'm concerned we're about to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I am out of my depth tbh. I know nowhere near enough to pass a judgement. Look forward to the asessment form BtB as that will be for me the first time anyone I can consider to be like minded as myself  but with some degree of business acumen that I dont possess, has had a proper chance to run the rule. 

From posts made on COYB it appears a meeting has taken place between reps of BTB and Mark Campbell.
Can you guys tell us anything or do you have any plans to make a statement over the coming days?
PS I share your caution. I'm concerned we're about to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

It was Keith and Kenny who went along and only spoke to them briefly.

Not sure what the next steps that will be taken.

Clearly however we are at a point where potentially we could have massive change coming. On paper it all sounds what we want to hear. Personally fans, IMO, should keep their feet on the ground until all the DD work has been done and hopefully we can move on, one way or another.

33 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

What’s that concern based on? Is it something that you’ve heard that’s not been communicated to the wider fan base yet, or just because we don’t know the guy?

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

Having attended the meet and greet this morning it was interesting to hear that he backed away from the Sunderland deal and that he had declined the opportunity to get involved in rescuing Bolton.

The attraction of Falkirk being that we are an under performing club with strong potential for growth on and off the park (hotel, hospitality etc) and are debt free.

John Park spoke as well as you would expect about turning around the fortunes on the pitch though I thought the line about getting back to having wingers like Crunchie in the team a bit too patronising.

He has yet to speak to the manager but it seemed pretty clear JP will have the final say on footballing matters.

Still can't quite get my head around why this guy is going to leave his life in Manhatten to move to Edinburgh so he can be a hands on Chairman of a relatively small football club.

Not yet convinced about this.

I want someone to come and unconvince me just as much as I want to be convinced.

I know what the upside is.

I think I know what the breakeven is. Likely about where we were under Housty IMO.

Someone tell me what the downside is please, but not just by wailing CONMAN, CRAIG WHYTE etc repeteadly. I am not saying this because I believe or to be a dick. I need the potential downside explained to me in realistic terms. I am not saying there isnt one, I am saying that I am not interedted in hysterical shite, I want the realistic scenario of how this is all a terrible idea because my understanding isnt there.

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

l can't quite get my head around why this guy is going to leave his life in Manhatten to move to Edinburgh so he can be a hands on Chairman of a relatively small football club.

Not yet convinced about this.

Edinburgh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NY