The Falkirk FC Thread

This. I remember certain people saying that they wanted this board gone and would welcome any owner. Now it's happening they're not convinced the new owner will be genuine.

Puzzling!
I mean if someone uncovers something relevant, then aye of course we hound the guy over it. Need to bear in mind though we are hounding folk already to sell their personal shares in a business because we dont like how its being run. Theres always a gamble in that. Just like the inconsistent winger who wouldnt be with us if he was consistent, Jeff Bezos isnt going to buying into us either.

Theres a calculated risk involved in anythong like this, but I require cleverer people than me, with much more info available than me, to come to an assertion of whether its worth it or not. But that exists with every potential buyer. I understand the fear, but I will sit here hoping its all legit until I see something worth lokking at which says otherwise

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Did he mention a number he plans to spend?

If he Did did anyone ask him how he would get a return on that investment?

was told 7Mil over 5 years 😲

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If we had appropriate facilities in another development eg corner pod or 4th stand, would there be anything stoppong us fucking off everything we rent from the council in the main stand but still using it on matchdays?

think there was talk of new kitchens in portakabin type structures at one point, don't know why it never happened,

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

was told 7Mil over 5 years 😲

think there was talk of new kitchens in portakabin type structures at one point, don't know why it never happened,

Surely 7 million over 5 years wouldn't be much more than what it currently takes to run the club over that time.  That would leave no money for any kind of improvement plans?

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Surely 7 million over 5 years wouldn't be much more than what it currently takes to run the club over that time.  That would leave no money for any kind of improvement plans?

petty sure that would be over and above what we currently spend. (money from us, the fans)

On the playing side, if John Park can identify targets , and the money is available, then is the final say with Ray about who comes in? Also, do we have any targets ready to sign if the deal goes through with Mark Campbell?
Would come down to how much the new owners trust Ray I'd think. If it falls on Park though, his track record suggests we have nothing to worry about

49 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Agreed to make all this work he will need to deliver on the park . He must be a bit of a chancher /ego maniac to give this a this a go because it’s not a sensible business plan it’s a punt that could / will raise his profile and could be great fun. Anyone see a downside!

It's an ego boost,designed to raise his business profile. "Owner of a Professional Soccer Club" - guaranteed to open more business doors. No one ever purchased a fitba' club with an eye to the ROI. Ever.

Can it be any worse than the current hapless & hopeless board? Nope. Sometimes you have to suck it up and see where the road goes.

6 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

On the playing side, if John Park can identify targets , and the money is available, then is the final say with Ray about who comes in? Also, do we have any targets ready to sign if the deal goes through with Mark Campbell?

John Park said he hadn’t spoken to Raymond yet.

It's an ego boost,designed to raise his business profile. "Owner of a Professional Soccer Club" - guaranteed to open more business doors. No one ever purchased a fitba' club with an eye to the ROI. Ever.
Can it be any worse than the current hapless & hopeless board? Nope. Sometimes you have to suck it up and see where the road goes.

f**k off Edi

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If we had appropriate facilities in another development eg corner pod or 4th stand, would there be anything stoppong us fucking off everything we rent from the council in the main stand but still using it on matchdays?

In regards to hospitality they could refuse a drinks license and the games a bogie.

I think we are right to be sceptical, after all as Bairns fans we have not exactly been used to unexpectedly positive things happening to our team.   But if this guy is going to spend £7 million on us, that is peanuts to an investor buying a football club.  If he is a property investor in America, he could have made that money if a small handful of property sales.

What I am trying to say is, in the scheme of things he is not offering outlandish amounts of money, which we would be rightly suspicious of.  He is proposing a relatively small amount over a five year period. £7 million to the likes of you and me is an enormous amount, but to people looking to own a professional football team that is pocket change.

I think we can be less suspicious and a little more welcoming.

45 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

thing is the council will just tell us to bolt, they have sweet deal ATM, why would they want to change it, and for those wanting the club the buy out the council im afraid that is very unlikely to ever happen (unless they get a silly offer), the council like having TFS on their books, makes borrowing a lot easier. Im sure CC and ML enquired about this and the figure quoted was eye watering.

If he has the kind of money behind him that would buy Sunderland then he could probably tell the council look if you don't agree to change the deal we're off and I'll build us a new ground. I've been dieing to win the lottery so I could do that.

41 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

John Park will be fishing in a completely different pond compared to when he was at Celtic with nowhere near the same finances at his disposal.  Houstie was Scout at Celtic and when he came to us he didn't look much further than the M8 corridor.