The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Of the lads that were there.... Who's came out of it convinced or more convinced?

I dunno to be honest. As @Bainsfordbairn said, we weren't going to get proof positive at this meeting. He did say a lot of things people wanted to hear - hotel in corner, immediate work on academy (elite with indoor training), 4th stand (small, seating or standing on both sides), new players before transfer deadline etc etc. But that's all things I'd expect and certainly he'll have been fed these issues by the questions asked on Twitter. 

I'm more optimistic that we might have some leadership at the top now and a plan to work to. John Park is reassuring but again, he knew what to say to get people onside.

Edited by NewBornBairn

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He moved fae Tranmere though hardly France.

I hated Paris, the only good thing was the Princess Di bridge

Too many small coffees, smokers and ignorant people

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tranmere is the Scouse Riviera.

Not Scouse, we are Birkenhead

14 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

We have a great core support given the lack of success at the club but it's naive in the extreme to assume the numbers (of home supporters) would change drastically from Championship to Premiership, 6th place or otherwise.  What would be the reasoning for a fourth stand? 

If the plans are around hotels and infrastructure as a potential return on investment then that is a more reasonable suggestion than making money on players sales and improved league position.

Campbell stated we could get 6000 away fans from the top 5 clubs in the prem league, so fourth stand would pay for itself in that league, not so in champ and for sure league 1

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Of the lads that were there.... Who's came out of it convinced or more convinced?

Nowt much has changed with the exciting talk,  I didnt expect anything else in that he would do research, add in a few ideas of his own of which are positive. You could do what he did today at nearly any club in the world, its delivering 60-70% of it the thing that matters.

Its all about the waiting game now and we will see what will come in years to come, its all very achievable with what we have currently, its managing it to the level his talk has us at the hard bit.

The thing that holds me away from con man etc talk is that there is no easy buck in Scottish football or football in general. 

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only reason for building a fourth stand will be for development.  What goes into the back of it will be what they are interested in and not how many seats or whether its standing etc.

Yeah, with the new astro pitch round the back, any structure would be limited in size which would in turn, limit any commercial facilities.  We'll see, I'd love to see the ground finished in some capacity and for development around the stadium.  I think the main point for me is that if they harp on about player sales, crowds and league positions as the plan to make money then there are major doubts about their credibility.  Either way, I still fail to see where the return is on the investment here which is a concern.

I'm not getting excited about this as I believe there is definitely something fishy going on here.  If something looks too good to be true then generally it is.  My special sock is staying under the bed as I'm not participating in this premature wankfest.

Nowt much has changed with the exciting talk,  I didnt expect anything else in that he would do research, add in a few ideas of his own of which are positive. You could do what he did today at nearly any club in the world, its delivering 60-70% of it the thing that matters.
Its all about the waiting game now and we will see what will come in years to come, its all very achievable with what we have currently, its managing it to the level his talk has us at the hard bit.
The thing that holds me away from con man etc talk is that there is no easy buck in Scottish football or football in general. 

Plus why would John park want to tarnish a pretty amazing reputation [emoji848][emoji848]

Agreed to make all this work he will need to deliver on the park . He must be a bit of a chancher /ego maniac to give this a this a go because it’s not a sensible business plan it’s a punt that could / will raise his profile and could be great fun. Anyone see a downside!

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Agreed to make all this work he will need to deliver on the park . He must be a bit of a chancher /ego maniac to give this a this a go because it’s not a sensible business plan it’s a punt that could / will raise his profile and could be great fun. Anyone see a downside!

Due diligence works both ways, he has time to check out how feasible the non football side of the investment at least is before committing.

As much as I understand the caution, and also doubting whether all that has been spoken about actually comes to fruition, as per every business takeover... but theres some of this I find a bit puzzling. Almost everyone wanted change at the top.

What did folk think that was going to look like? Some of the talk in here is due dilliegence type stuff but some of it is downright bizarre. Did folk expect every prospective owner to post their bank statements out to us all for a look? Or ride into town with their chest of gold open for all to see?

This is a business deal. We all wanted it... The stench of Stockholm syndrome is strong.

I really cant see a scenario in which this guy can acheive anything from being a conman? Its lazy stuff.

If anyone is going to f**k the fans over here, its the MSG by accepting money from a guy who they know has no intentions of following through with his plans, or not having appropriately vetted him in the first place.

But the idea that he is bullshitting us, and pays his money to the MSG only to not follow through.... What does that leave him with? A league 1 club with a stadium millstone round its neck?

What would be the point?

any plans for a 4th stand should have facilities for additional hospitality IMO the club doesn't makes a much as they should on the current hospitality as we need to pay council for use of  kitchen, staff etc, i even think we have to buy all the booze from them.

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

any plans for a 4th stand should have facilities for additional hospitality IMO the club doesn't makes a much as they should on the current hospitality as we need to pay council for use of  kitchen, staff etc, i even think we have to buy all the booze from them.

The deal with the council is an absolute shocker.  Believe this is all part of George Craig's legacy.

If we had appropriate facilities in another development eg corner pod or 4th stand, would there be anything stoppong us fucking off everything we rent from the council in the main stand but still using it on matchdays?

As much as I understand the caution, and also doubting whether all that has been spoken about actually comes to fruition, as per every business takeover... but theres some of this I find a bit puzzling. Almost everyone wanted change at the top.

What did folk think that was going to look like? Some of the talk in here is due dilliegence type stuff but some of it is downright bizarre. Did folk expect every prospective owner to post their bank statements out to us all for a look? Or ride into town with their chest of gold open for all to see?

This is a business deal. We all wanted it... The stench of Stockholm syndrome is strong.

I really cant see a scenario in which this guy can acheive anything from being a conman? Its lazy stuff.

If anyone is going to f**k the fans over here, its the MSG by accepting money from a guy who they know has no intentions of following through with his plans, or not having appropriately vetted him in the first place.

But the idea that he is bullshitting us, and pays his money to the MSG only to not follow through.... What does that leave him with? A league 1 club with a stadium millstone round its neck?

What would be the point?
This. I remember certain people saying that they wanted this board gone and would welcome any owner. Now it's happening they're not convinced the new owner will be genuine.

Puzzling!

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

He mentioned sorting out the deal on the main stand with the council 

thing is the council will just tell us to bolt, they have sweet deal ATM, why would they want to change it, and for those wanting the club the buy out the council im afraid that is very unlikely to ever happen (unless they get a silly offer), the council like having TFS on their books, makes borrowing a lot easier. Im sure CC and ML enquired about this and the figure quoted was eye watering.